DBG's career: Q School 2023?

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO

Will DBG attend Q School?

Yes
30%
No
31%
Fucks it gotta do with you?
39%

Total votes: 61

The Ginge Reaper

Re: DBG's career (Challenge Tour edition)

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:23 pm

Dont remember Liam giving it large about back to back 12 darters, 171s and nine darters with a shit in the middle tbh.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

Cooking with Sanchez

Post by Cooking with Sanchez » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:12 pm

Didn’t know Maidenhead had a super league.

Didn’t know I’d claimed to be good at darts since I was, y’know, good at darts.

Must be a slow day at the hospice :pointing:
Last edited by Cooking with Sanchez on Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Thorn wrote: Be honest Malt sometimes women deserve a slap or 2.

Cooking with Sanchez

Post by Cooking with Sanchez » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:14 pm

That said, I’d still smash DBG.

ILAD

Post by ILAD » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:28 pm

Cooking with Sanchez wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:14 pm That said, I’d still smash DBG.
I bet you could......if you sat on him.

Cooking with Sanchez

Post by Cooking with Sanchez » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:12 pm

No doubt 😂

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:19 pm

The excuse is here!!!!! ImageImage

Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Emulsfier

Post by Emulsfier » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:01 pm

Mabbsy

Post by Mabbsy » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:05 pm

Glasses, that's a new one isn't it ?
What's next, it was too cold, too hot, the bus was late, the crowd put me off etc etc etc,.

I need some new pillows.

Pigpen

Post by Pigpen » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:37 pm

Maybe him and Chizzy got switched at the optician

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:20 pm

"just been a struggle to try and play with and without the glasses"

Then how the fuck is he going to get it sorted? Laser surgery?

He's had glasses for years btw, so he should have sorted it out by now -
oche balboa wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:58 am Would be a cold day in hell before you two have a disagreement. I thought you was the same person. perhaps you are brothers

Who knows....

Who cares.....

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:31 pm

sennafan24 wrote:"just been a struggle to try and play with and without the glasses"

Then how the fuck is he going to get it sorted? Laser surgery?

He's had glasses for years btw, so he should have sorted it out by now -
Ha, good find. 2009 ffs!

Jimmi

Post by Jimmi » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:12 pm

Get contact lenses, it's not hard.
They work wonders for me.

“I don’t want you lumbering me with some old bow-wow who don’t know the difference between a Liebfraumilk and a can of Tizer!“

Mabbsy

Post by Mabbsy » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:00 pm

Bumped for comedy value.

Time to return Dave, we could all do with a good laugh at the moment.

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:24 pm

From the infamous 2007 interview with Dartoid:
Firstly Dartoid, I must say that although I have adopted the nickname Dave ‘Boy’ Green I am not the boxer. The nickname itself was given to me back in 2000 by several players who played within Oxfordshire after some banter between myself and other players. I have always had great belief in my ability and show a lot of aggression and am a very confident player – maybe I should have taken up boxing!!

It was a player named Jimmy Jukes who was the first of many players to call me Dave ‘Boy’ Green after an incident at the Super League finals night when he handed my pairs partner an envelope inviting him to play in a grand prix tournament. On asking my pairs partner what it was for I was quickly told by Jimmy that it didn’t matter to me as I was not good enough to play in it. Of course me being me, I had to have my say and quickly told Jimmy exactly how good I was in a manner of speaking!!

The following day was the play offs for the Friday Night League Singles in Oxford. With four venues and only one winner advancing from each I took the opportunity to back up my words from the night before and won through to the semi finals without losing a single leg of darts on the night. The following Tuesday I had a league match and soon spotted Jimmy at the bar of the venue I was playing at. On ordering a drink I heard him as he was reading the paperwork for the Friday Night Singles finals night say, “Who’s this Dave Green cunt?”

Straight away I pulled him on this and offered to play him for 200 pounds there and then. He managed to get an offer of a loan for the money but unfortunately the game was halted before the start and I was handed a warning for gambling on the premises.

This then brought us to Friday night again, the 11th August 2000, playing for the Cricketer’s Arms in Cowley Oxford, one to nil up in my singles match. Jimmy enters the pub, asking me if he could have a word with me I promptly told him to wait until I had won my game. After doing so he handed me an envelope with Dave ‘Boy’ Green wrote on the front of it. On opening it I was stunned to see an invite to Jimmy’s Grand Prix tournament, so shocked so that I tore it in two and threw it at his feet.

A week later was the Friday night league finals night which I played my semi final and won 2-0. Then lo and behold I had to play Jimmy in the final. If I am 100% honest and if those who saw the game are as well, I will say that I destroyed Jimmy and never gave him a dart at a winning double in any leg. It was a great night for me winning a tournament from start to finish without dropping a leg throughout but I have to say that without the anger and determination to get one over on Jimmy I would not have won as convincingly and without the bad blood between the two of us I wouldn’t have the nickname Dave ‘Boy’ Green.

http://dartoidsworld.net/2007/09/column ... boy-green/
oche balboa wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:58 am Would be a cold day in hell before you two have a disagreement. I thought you was the same person. perhaps you are brothers

Who knows....

Who cares.....

Mabbsy

Post by Mabbsy » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:33 pm

That never gets old :lol: :lol:

ILAD

Post by ILAD » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:49 pm

Some boy :D :D

sennafan24

Re: DBG's return to the big time.

Post by sennafan24 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:52 pm

HalloweenJack wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:06 pm I may have missed something here, but why the vitriol towards this guy? He has given Q school a go. Surely he deserves to be commended for that?
Oh dear.

Who knows....

Who cares.....

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:45 pm

sennafan24 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:52 pm
HalloweenJack wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:06 pm I may have missed something here, but why the vitriol towards this guy? He has given Q school a go. Surely he deserves to be commended for that?
Oh dear.
Wow, you have trawled through a post that is months old, I’m sorry but that is rather sad and for what exactly? 😂😂😂My question was genuine, i only joined this forum in January 2019 so I am not aware of any back story regarding this.
Maybe you could enlighten me. I assume something has happened.
Last edited by HalloweenJack on Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‘For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and everyone who humbles himself will be exalted’

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:50 pm

HalloweenJack wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:45 pm
sennafan24 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:52 pm
Oh dear.
Wow, you have trawled through a post that is months old, I’m sorry but that is rather sad and for what exactly? My question was genuine, i only joined this form in January 2019 so I am not aware of any back story regarding this.
Maybe you could enlighten me. I assume something has happened.
You made that post 70 pages into the thread, after DBG demonstrated several times why there is so much "vitriol" towards him. The thread was also started after you signed up.

It's clear you were/are on the wind up.

Who knows....

Who cares.....

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:57 pm

What a thread.