2024 World Cup of Darts

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Rogg

Re: 2024 World Cup of Darts

Post by Rogg » Mon May 13, 2024 3:11 pm

not a girl

shenmue

Post by shenmue » Mon May 13, 2024 3:53 pm

A dangerous looking duo

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Mon May 13, 2024 3:59 pm

Lukasiak might have played well last year but I think there’s maybe 3 better Swedes than him

shenmue

Post by shenmue » Mon May 13, 2024 4:01 pm

At least the cunt is Swedish though.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Mon May 13, 2024 4:02 pm

TheMalteseDart wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 3:59 pm Lukasiak might have played well last year but I think there’s maybe 3 better Swedes than him
He's 5th on the Challenge Tour cracking little player

Dirty Harry is better but he doesn't always deliver
WDF4LIFE

If you want to shine like the sun, first you have to burn like it

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Mon May 13, 2024 4:08 pm

More on how the Asian countries and players at the World Cup will be settled this weekend at the Asian Tour. From the article in January: https://www.pdc.tv/news/2024/01/10/asia ... ying-event

The ongoing growth of the PDC Asian Tour will see eight nations guaranteed places in this year's World Cup of Darts, which will be held from June 27-30 in Frankfurt.

Pairings from the Philippines, China, Japan, Hong Kong and Bahrain will secure automatic spots in the World Cup, and be joined by three nations from the Asian Qualifiers on May 19.

The Asian Qualifiers will be held between the top two ranked players from other Asian nations on the PDC Asian Tour Order of Merit following Events 10-12 in Penang.

PDC Tour Card Holder Christian Perez will form half of the Philippines' pairing, alongside his top-ranked compatriot from the PDC Asian Tour rankings after Event 12.

The top two players from Japan and Hong Kong following Event 12 will form their pairing, while the finalists of the 2024 PDC China Premier League will represent China.
not a girl

shenmue

Post by shenmue » Mon May 13, 2024 4:18 pm

If that hasn't got you interested and excited then I don't think you are a fan of darts.

Greipel

Post by Greipel » Mon May 13, 2024 5:04 pm

shenmue wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 4:01 pm At least the cunt is Swedish though.
Lukasiak is a Slavic name though.

Cooking with Sanchez

Post by Cooking with Sanchez » Mon May 13, 2024 5:09 pm

shenmue wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 4:01 pm At least the cunt is Swedish though.
+1
The Thorn wrote: Be honest Malt sometimes women deserve a slap or 2.

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Mon May 13, 2024 6:13 pm

Rogg wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 4:08 pm More on how the Asian countries and players at the World Cup will be settled this weekend at the Asian Tour. From the article in January: https://www.pdc.tv/news/2024/01/10/asia ... ying-event

The ongoing growth of the PDC Asian Tour will see eight nations guaranteed places in this year's World Cup of Darts, which will be held from June 27-30 in Frankfurt.

Pairings from the Philippines, China, Japan, Hong Kong and Bahrain will secure automatic spots in the World Cup, and be joined by three nations from the Asian Qualifiers on May 19.

The Asian Qualifiers will be held between the top two ranked players from other Asian nations on the PDC Asian Tour Order of Merit following Events 10-12 in Penang.

PDC Tour Card Holder Christian Perez will form half of the Philippines' pairing, alongside his top-ranked compatriot from the PDC Asian Tour rankings after Event 12.

The top two players from Japan and Hong Kong following Event 12 will form their pairing, while the finalists of the 2024 PDC China Premier League will represent China.
For reference, there were 7 last year, this year's 5 automatic qualifiers plus Singapore and Thailand. Not sure I've seen any Thai players do anything on the Asian Tour this year, reckon the Lims of Singapore still have just about enough to get through this, Malaysia should do well if Bin Jantan plays (they also had another player make a quarter final the other day), and Brunei also had a couple of players do half-decently in the last weekend too, so basically, I think the PDC better start learning Malay!

The Crow

Post by The Crow » Mon May 13, 2024 11:08 pm

thegentle wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 6:13 pm
Rogg wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 4:08 pm More on how the Asian countries and players at the World Cup will be settled this weekend at the Asian Tour. From the article in January: https://www.pdc.tv/news/2024/01/10/asia ... ying-event

For reference, there were 7 last year, this year's 5 automatic qualifiers plus Singapore and Thailand. Not sure I've seen any Thai players do anything on the Asian Tour this year, reckon the Lims of Singapore still have just about enough to get through this, Malaysia should do well if Bin Jantan plays (they also had another player make a quarter final the other day), and Brunei also had a couple of players do half-decently in the last weekend too, so basically, I think the PDC better start learning Malay!
Aside from the ones you’ve already mentioned India, Mongolia, South Korea and Taiwan all have realistic chances to qualify. It will be 3 from that 7.
Team Corvid 2024 consists of the following 12 players.

Clayton, Cross, Gilding, De Sousa, Dolan, Evans, Campbell, Krcmar, Lauby, Puha, Szaganski and Turetta

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Mon May 13, 2024 11:19 pm

The Crow wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:08 pm

Aside from the ones you’ve already mentioned India, Mongolia, South Korea and Taiwan all have realistic chances to qualify. It will be 3 from that 7.
Brunei was sort of a throwaway guess tbf, India (who were of course there last year) have Kumar who'd be one of the best players in those qualifiers despite some wildly inconsistent form over the past two years, Gilitwala and Bhav Patel who are better secondary players than most of those teams would be able to muster. I know Pupo from Taiwan (can't tell you any other Taiwanese player even though I know they are about), likewise I know Park Hyunchul from Korea, and I know Mongolia have a lot of players but wouldn't be able to tell you who their best two are or how good they are. Think I'll revise my guess to Singapore, Malaysia and India then!

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Mon May 13, 2024 11:21 pm

Brunei, Malaysia and Singapore might have an advantage at having a short journey to make the qualifiers though, travel often seems to be an issue in Asia

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Mon May 13, 2024 11:27 pm

India could get in

Emulsfier

Post by Emulsfier » Mon May 13, 2024 11:28 pm

TheMalteseDart wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:27 pm India could get in
Cracking little country.

The Crow

Post by The Crow » Tue May 14, 2024 12:43 am

thegentle wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:19 pm
The Crow wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:08 pm

Brunei was sort of a throwaway guess tbf, India (who were of course there last year) have Kumar who'd be one of the best players in those qualifiers despite some wildly inconsistent form over the past two years, Gilitwala and Bhav Patel who are better secondary players than most of those teams would be able to muster. I know Pupo from Taiwan (can't tell you any other Taiwanese player even though I know they are about), likewise I know Park Hyunchul from Korea, and I know Mongolia have a lot of players but wouldn't be able to tell you who their best two are or how good they are. Think I'll revise my guess to Singapore, Malaysia and India then!
Some decent enough averages from all countries mentioned https://leaderboard.dartconnect.com/lea ... ll-all-all

Patel will partner Kumar (assuming both can play in the qualifiers).

Mongolia has a good number of very decent players (high 70’s and up). Sadly travel will always be a problem Odkhuu Khundaganai is the only one who has played this far this season that I would put in the top 4 players from Mongolia.

Clayton, Cross, Gilding, De Sousa, Dolan, Evans, Campbell, Krcmar, Lauby, Puha, Szaganski and Turetta

The Crow

Post by The Crow » Tue May 14, 2024 12:50 am

In fact would go further and say in a hypothetical world where the two best Mongolian players were able to travel and play in the qualifiers (probably Altantulkhuur Myagmarsuren and Odkhuu Khundaganai) I would only have Singapore as a definitely better pair heading into the qualifier.

shenmue

Post by shenmue » Tue May 14, 2024 2:27 am

Emulsfier wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:28 pm
Cracking little country.
Will always be a fan because how much i love a curry

Greipel

Post by Greipel » Tue May 14, 2024 6:56 am

Cracking little subcontinent with 2 billion people.
Fixed

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Tue May 14, 2024 7:05 am

Greipel wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 6:56 am
Cracking little subcontinent with 2 billion people.
Fixed
Most are in Leicester now mate