Which dart players with near misses will never win a major/TV title

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
sennafan24

Re: Which dart players with near misses will never win a major/TV title

Post by sennafan24 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:41 am

Captain Hobo wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:39 am
sennafan24 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:35 am
Captain Hobo wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:33 am My point about Chizzy and Bunting was that they have already had a long time in the PDC and have despite periods of form proven to be non-winners. They haven't even won a minor TV event.

You need to wait at least 5 more years before you can lump Duzza in that category. You may be proven right in time, but I have a strong feeling he will win some PDC TV titles, even if they aren't one of the sacred 4 that you only count.
Well we will have to wait and see then, won't we?
In 5 years time he could have won the Premier League, Grand Slam, World Series Finals, Masters and PC Finals, but not one of your Majors, and you'll still be claiming you were right.

The odds are in your favour I guess.
Okay, I'll extend my prediction so it includes the GSOD, PC, and PL.

Happy?
oche balboa wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:58 am Would be a cold day in hell before you two have a disagreement. I thought you was the same person. perhaps you are brothers

Who knows....

Who cares.....

Captain Hobo

Post by Captain Hobo » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:47 am

sennafan24 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:41 am
Captain Hobo wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:39 am
sennafan24 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:35 am
Captain Hobo wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:33 am My point about Chizzy and Bunting was that they have already had a long time in the PDC and have despite periods of form proven to be non-winners. They haven't even won a minor TV event.

You need to wait at least 5 more years before you can lump Duzza in that category. You may be proven right in time, but I have a strong feeling he will win some PDC TV titles, even if they aren't one of the sacred 4 that you only count.
Well we will have to wait and see then, won't we?
In 5 years time he could have won the Premier League, Grand Slam, World Series Finals, Masters and PC Finals, but not one of your Majors, and you'll still be claiming you were right.

The odds are in your favour I guess.
Okay, I'll extend my prediction so it includes the GSOD, PC, and PL.

Happy?
Yes, as there is now more chance I can bump this thread and make you look silly. :D

Seriously, I still think your inclusion of Duzza on this list was ridiculous in light of what he has done in less than 2 years in the PDC.

And I think your definition of a Major is a bit too narrow, but that is a discussion that has been done to death already.
"The United States will be the first nation to land an astronaut on Nars"

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:50 am

Captain Hobo wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:47 am Yes, as there is now more chance I can bump this thread and make you look silly. :D

Seriously, I still think your inclusion of Duzza on this list was ridiculous in light of what he has done in less than 2 years in the PDC.
Bookmarked for future reference :D
oche balboa wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:58 am Would be a cold day in hell before you two have a disagreement. I thought you was the same person. perhaps you are brothers

Who knows....

Who cares.....

Captain Hobo

Post by Captain Hobo » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:01 am

sennafan24 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:50 am
Captain Hobo wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:47 am Yes, as there is now more chance I can bump this thread and make you look silly. :D

At least I never said he was the 3rd best player in the world.

Seriously, please consider these stats. Total number of PDC Majors (your definition) contested for 0 wins.

M Smith 36
Chizzy 38
Bunting 27
Whitlock 44
Price 24
Wright 28 before winning UK Open
Duzza 9

Even counting Duzzas 3 UK Opens as an Amateur, he has got a long way to go.

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:08 am

Captain Hobo wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:01 am
sennafan24 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:50 am

At least I never said he was the 3rd best player in the world.

Seriously, please consider these stats. Total number of PDC Majors (your definition) contested for 0 wins.

M Smith 36
Chizzy 38
Bunting 27
Whitlock 44
Price 24
Wright 28 before winning UK Open
Duzza 9

Even counting Duzzas 3 UK Opens as an Amateur, he has got a long way to go.
I forgot about the European Championship, which Whitlock won some years ago. I guess that could be considered a major as well with the PC, PL, and GSOD. I maintain that the 4 biggies are the Worlds, UK Open, Grand Prix and Matchplay.

Duzza isn't a spring chicken. He's 50 in October, so he doesn't have that much time on his hands. If it doesn't happen for him soon, I don't think it ever will.

Who knows....

Who cares.....

Captain Hobo

Post by Captain Hobo » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:37 am

sennafan24 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:08 amDuzza isn't a spring chicken. He's 50 in October, so he doesn't have that much time on his hands. If it doesn't happen for him soon, I don't think it ever will.
So we are now basically in agreement.

1. He left it very late to switch
2. PDC Majors are hard to win, even for very good players
3. He has no place in a thread for PDC career bottlers like Smith, Chizzy and Mervyn King.

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:28 am

Captain Hobo wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:37 am
sennafan24 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:08 amDuzza isn't a spring chicken. He's 50 in October, so he doesn't have that much time on his hands. If it doesn't happen for him soon, I don't think it ever will.
So we are now basically in agreement.

1. He left it very late to switch
2. PDC Majors are hard to win, even for very good players
3. He has no place in a thread for PDC career bottlers like Smith, Chizzy and Mervyn King.
I agree with 1 & 2.

3 is yet to be proven either way, and will probably never be. Had Duzza switched in say 2015, we might have a better answer by now.

Who knows....

Who cares.....

Ross, Bob

Post by Ross, Bob » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:25 am

sennafan24 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:39 pm
Ross, Bob wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:37 pm
sennafan24 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:35 pm Courtesy of JC:

"I need an audience".
Indeed he is.

I still consider him my mate though.

Bless him.

Dfc180

Post by Dfc180 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:13 am

If somebody other than durrant had switched and had the rise up the rankings, they would be getting praised. Whether he is a pdc bottler remains to be seen as he hasn't played enough tv events to judge

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:52 am

Durrant will never have a better chance than this year
Already blown golden chances

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:34 am

I think we can all agree Kirk Shepherd. Had his near miss back in 2008 and has done fuck all since.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:36 am

Randall wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:52 am Durrant will never have a better chance than this year
Golden chances? Is that scott mitchell's invisible dog?

Space left to insert that gif of Glenda servicing
Dog
We Desire Information.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:37 am

Randall wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:52 am Durrant will never have a better chance than this year
Golden chances? Is that scott mitchell's invisible dog?

Last edited by cannibal on Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We Desire Information.

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:08 pm

I think he should have won the Matchplay, if he had got to the final I believe he would have beaten Anderson.
Duzza has still got the Premier league though ( he did win the league stage 😀)Grand Prix, GSOD etc and of course the Worlds, where I believe he has to be considered a serious contender.
I genuinely believe that because Duzza was the BDO top dog for a few years there are sone on here that want to see him fail. He has come to the PDC and I think by most people’s accounts would be deemed a success. If we look at other recent high profile BDO players to make the switch. Bunting, had a very good first season and I think he got to a tv/major final but hasn’t made that extra kick on. He has been and I believe still is in the top 20 though.
Scott Waites - Come over too late imo, this season has been strange for obvious reasons but he hasn’t done anything of note as yet. He is the type of player though that if he got to the worlds could easily get to the QF which will boost his ranking.
‘For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and everyone who humbles himself will be exalted’

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:15 pm

Just for clarity.

The so called PDC premier events are,

World
Matchplay
Premier league
Grand slam
Grand Prix
U.K. Open
European open
Players championship
Masters
Champions league of darts

I’m not sure about World Series of darts finals and I’ve not included the World Cup as it’s a team event.

To Senna and the rest, I believe Duzza will win one of the list above ( I Can see him winning the U.K. open)and I’ll say within 2 years. I also believe Smith will at some point.

The list above is the PDC definition of a premier event, not mine.
Last edited by HalloweenJack on Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‘For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and everyone who humbles himself will be exalted’

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:22 pm

HalloweenJack wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:08 pm
I think he should have won the Matchplay, if he had got to the final I believe he would have beaten Anderson.
Duzza has still got the Premier league though ( he did win the league stage 😀)Grand Prix, GSOD etc and of course the Worlds, where I believe he has to be considered a serious contender.
I genuinely believe that because Duzza was the BDO top dog for a few years there are sone on here that want to see him fail. He has come to the PDC and I think by most people’s accounts would be deemed a success. If we look at other recent high profile BDO players to make the switch. Bunting, had a very good first season and I think he got to a tv/major final but hasn’t made that extra kick on. He has been and I believe still is in the top 20 though.
Scott Waites - Come over too late imo, this season has been strange for obvious reasons but he hasn’t done anything of note as yet. He is the type of player though that if he got to the worlds could easily get to the QF which will boost his ranking.
Has he qualified for the gsod?

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:24 pm

Dfc180 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:13 am If somebody other than durrant had switched and had the rise up the rankings, they would be getting praised. Whether he is a pdc bottler remains to be seen as he hasn't played enough tv events to judge
Absolutely bang on.

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:28 pm

Randall wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:22 pm
HalloweenJack wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:08 pm
Has he qualified for the gsod?
Currently no, but I’m sure he will. I know Wadey has though 😉

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:40 pm

I can't say why others slag on Glenda but my reasons are the whole BDO4Life position. And the drama he creates around every match about how important it is in his career and how it compares to Lakeside blah blah blah, why doesn't everyone love me and want to cuddle with me wah wah wah. Who in the fuck castrated Glenda? Probably Mitchell as I am sure he turned a few rocky mountain oysters over in his day. One would think that given Glenda's crying that the BDO was the Balls Deficient Organization.
We Desire Information.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:46 pm

I personally think Glen is genuinely a decent guy like that, who is a bit surprised himself about his own success. Like Mensur was a few years ago. I don't think either of them were putting a show on for sympathy, it's just in their personality. I'll admit it may not be the best attitude to have for professional sport, but I don't have a problem with it honestly. We'll see whether his game holds up during the years and whether his mentality changes.
WDF4LIFE

If you want to shine like the sun, first you have to burn like it