Why Are Engerland Crap?

Life would be boring without it!
M H
Site Admin

Why Are Engerland Crap?

Post by M H » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:02 pm

The whole squad are multi millionaires, play in the Premier league which is acknowledged as either the first or second best league in the world.

I don't get it!
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

sat

Why Are Engerland Crap?

Post by sat » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:04 pm

Judging from what I heard Rooney say, they care more about club than country. Maybe they're scared to go for it too much in internationals in case they get injured for the club season.

Justin Credible

Re: Why Are Engerland Crap?

Post by Justin Credible » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:31 pm

the are shit....the only people on earth who think they are tiop stars are the idiot players and the simple fans.
The best players in britain are predominantly non english

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:35 pm

Who can say the like's of Rooney, Lampard, Gerrard, Cole etc are crap when they're clearly not. Why are they far better for their clubs than their country?

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:58 pm

But why doesn't it work, why don't they do it for Engerland Snakey?

sat

Why Are Engerland Crap?

Post by sat » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:00 pm

If they don't care, they won't. Simple no?

welsh

Post by welsh » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:46 pm

International football is boring as shit to watch end of.

doG

Post by doG » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:15 am

M H wrote:Who can say the like's of Rooney, Lampard, Gerrard, Cole etc are crap when they're clearly not. Why are they far better for their clubs than their country?
Yeah nah, the players you mention above would have to be considered as second tier players in their position, there would be many Spanish, German, Dutch, Brazlian, etc etc etc players better than those you mentioned if you were asked to make up a fantasy team.
But that aside, I do agree that some players play shit when they represent their country. We have the same problem here with Rugby Players. I feel many lose the plot when they put on the National jersy and start thinking it is all about them as an individual, they forget that to win they must play as a team, playing rugby or soccer as an individual will result in a fucked up game plan and a loss in most cases.

Nah, I dunno, but your right Engerland are crap.
doG
dOg...off his chain

gazman

Post by gazman » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:20 am

On paper we should be wiping the floor with half the teams we end up struggling against. Its a bloody mystery to me too, but im starting to get to the point where i don't really give a shite if we win, lose or draw. Bunch of overpaid prima donnas that get exposed without their foreign counterparts at club level maybe?

Knots & crosses

Why Are Engerland Crap?

Post by Knots & crosses » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:01 am

You have a leather faced head coach who can't even be arsed to learn the language for a start. Given his performance in media conferences, his team talks must be a fucking mystery.

Oh, and he gets paid £6 million a year. To watch football weekly and once a month actually train with players and have a run out against the best players some other random country has that are coached by a bloke getting paid a tenth of the salary but getting that extra 10% out of his players.

hang the dj

Why Are Engerland Crap?

Post by hang the dj » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:17 pm

Knots & crosses wrote:You have a leather faced head coach who can't even be arsed to learn the language for a start. Given his performance in media conferences, his team talks must be a fucking mystery.

Oh, and he gets paid £6 million a year. To watch football weekly and once a month actually train with players and have a run out against the best players some other random country has that are coached by a bloke getting paid a tenth of the salary but getting that extra 10% out of his players.
Cappelo struggles with the language when it suits him. When in-gur-lund are winning there doesn't seem to be much of a language problem but when struggling he can't seem to understand the questions being asked to him - funny that

Knots & crosses

Why Are Engerland Crap?

Post by Knots & crosses » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:20 pm

hang the dj wrote:
Knots & crosses wrote:You have a leather faced head coach who can't even be arsed to learn the language for a start. Given his performance in media conferences, his team talks must be a fucking mystery.

Cappelo struggles with the language when it suits him. When in-gur-lund are winning there doesn't seem to be much of a language problem but when struggling he can't seem to understand the questions being asked to him - funny that
He seems to struggle full stop. I don't count pidgin English as anywhere near acceptable.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:06 pm

Been thinking about this even more. Take a look at the England cricket team, the England rugby team etc etc. Are they multi millionaires and would being dropped affect their careers? The answers are no and yes.

Does the governing body of the other major sports pay a manager who can't even speek the lingo £6m a year regardless of results? The answer is no.

Is the football system fucked? Make your own mind up

Knots & crosses

Why Are Engerland Crap?

Post by Knots & crosses » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:08 pm

I don't think the whole system is fucked, I think they have made a pigs ear of the national team since they appointed the turnip.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:12 pm

Maybe I should have asked is the FA fucked instead of the system Knots. It's still a valid point that there's no incentive for PL players to be in the Engerland team though.

Knots & crosses

Why Are Engerland Crap?

Post by Knots & crosses » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:17 pm

M H wrote:Maybe I should have asked is the FA fucked instead of the system Knots. It's still a valid point that there's no incentive for PL players to be in the Engerland team though.
There needs to be an incentive?

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:26 pm

Despite what the Engerland players say there is no incentive as the FA cannot afford to pay £120,000 a week on duty unless it's to a manager who can't even speek the lingo. They also can't afford to sack him.

Snakey makes a good point about injuries being cured in a matter of a few days. Isn't the truth that playing for Engerland comes a very poor second now as far as players and clubs are concerned?

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:44 pm

looking at the english set up from an outside view its no wonder ye are fucked.

You have a press that builds the team up, tries to brainwash the gullible public into believing ye are world beaters, and when things dont happen which comes as no surprise to non english people, the same press then slates the very same people they spent ages building up.

The English people live in cuckoo land, the faster ye realise ye are not a top force but just a strong 2nd tier team the better for all concerned.
Lot at the treatment bobby robson got while in charge, yet now england would be lucky to have a man of his intergrity and dedication .

I remember under Jack Charlton we Irish knew we were not world beaters but got behind the team and the team played without the pressure of the nation, while england fumbled and blamed everyone from players, managers etc..

hang the dj

Why Are Engerland Crap?

Post by hang the dj » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:09 am

Justin Credible wrote:looking at the english set up from an outside view its no wonder ye are fucked.

You have a press that builds the team up, tries to brainwash the gullible public into believing ye are world beaters, and when things dont happen which comes as no surprise to non english people, the same press then slates the very same people they spent ages building up.

The English people live in cuckoo land, the faster ye realise ye are not a top force but just a strong 2nd tier team the better for all concerned.
Lot at the treatment bobby robson got while in charge, yet now england would be lucky to have a man of his intergrity and dedication .

I remember under Jack Charlton we Irish knew we were not world beaters but got behind the team and the team played without the pressure of the nation, while england fumbled and blamed everyone from players, managers etc..
That's pretty much spot on. Look at the recent world cup, every reported & englishman honestly thought they were going to win it. The rest of us all knew at best in-gur-lund were a quarter final team & it turns out that we over estimated you as well

As Gaz said you have to realise in-gur-lund are not genuine contenders. Of course they should be qualifying for tournaments & getting to the knock out stages but that's it

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:11 am

I see Engerland as the Newcastle of international football. The last trophy was in the 60's and the fans are deluded enough to think that Engerland are a big nation and a force.