Site Censorship

Threads Worth Preserving
gonk

Re: Site Censorship

Post by gonk » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:57 am

Getting fed up of this.

Look mate there is nothing wrong with having an opinion, thats what makes the civilized world so fantastic.

Take these 2 sentences:

1) I believe that it was the liverpool fans that still crushed their own fans to death.
2) It was them scouse ticketless professional mourning cunts that turned up and crushed them to death.

Both are false statements due to the report being issued which states facts, but if you typed sentence 1 out as opposed to sentence 2 then people wouldnt get their knickers in a twist.

Just calm down. It is possible to have a decent debate without using swear/curse words and typing the same vitriol everytime, the fact that you resort to using such derogatory terms when describing liverpool fans would seem to others that you have lost the debate and are having to resort to insults.
I wished for this, I bitched at that
I've left behind this little fact
You cannot kill what you did not create

Dicie

Post by Dicie » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:58 am

gonk wrote:Getting fed up of this.

Look mate there is nothing wrong with having an opinion, thats what makes the civilized world so fantastic.

Take these 2 sentences:

1) I believe that it was the liverpool fans that still crushed their own fans to death.
2) It was them scouse ticketless professional mourning cunts that turned up and crushed them to death.

Both are false statements due to the report being issued which states facts, but if you typed sentence 1 out as opposed to sentence 2 then people wouldnt get their knickers in a twist.

Just calm down. It is possible to have a decent debate without using swear/curse words and typing the same vitriol everytime, the fact that you resort to using such derogatory terms when describing liverpool fans would seem to others that you have lost the debate and are having to resort to insults.

+1

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:16 am

I like how its my fault this site is so quiet, and how i drive people away.,and its far easier to blame me of course.

but lets look at the real truth.Dicie left cos he did not get his way, so did frog ....whose fault was that ? was that mine as well

Members like sharky, sprocket, oche , noisy etc all used this place while they were on bans from df, the site they want to be on, NOT HERE.
This place is just a platform for them to take a swipe at DF and then go running back as soon as the ban is up, but nah the mods kiss their asses but know themselves deep down thats the truth.
I feel sorry for the mods if honest as they mean well.
At least I am honest and had no intention of running back to DF, and even if my ban was lifted and it could well have had been had I asked but chose not to but stay loyal to here. Since it appears I am not wanted here either then i wont post, in the end its this place's loss not mine.

I will be sure to pop in when this place is so much busier of course when the thousands of new members swell the ranks of here now that i wont be around to drive away membership.
Maybe ask dicie and frog to come back so they can live out their dream of being mods on a site of about 20 posters, which is not much less that the main membership of Df either., where grown men can act like they are achieving something special in life , but get upset when the opinions of others who's words on a screen hurt their feelings.

Dicie

Post by Dicie » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:19 am

Justin Credible wrote:I like how its my fault this site is so quiet, and how i drive people away.,and its far easier to blame me of course.

but lets look at the real truth.Dicie left cos he did not get his way, so did frog ....whose fault was that ? was that mine as well

Members like sharky, sprocket, oche , noisy etc all used this place while they were on bans from df, the site they want to be on, NOT HERE.
This place is just a platform for them to take a swipe at DF and then go running back as soon as the ban is up, but nah the mods kiss their asses but know themselves deep down thats the truth.
I feel sorry for the mods if honest as they mean well.
At least I am honest and had no intention of running back to DF, and even if my ban was lifted and it could well have had been had I asked but chose not to but stay loyal to here. Since it appears I am not wanted here either then i wont post, in the end its this place's loss not mine.

I will be sure to pop in when this place is so much busier of course when the thousands of new members swell the ranks of here now that i wont be around to drive away membership.
Maybe ask dicie and frog to come back so they can live out their dream of being mods on a site of about 20 posters, which is not much less that the main membership of Df either., where grown men can act like they are achieving something special in life , but get upset when the opinions of others who's words on a screen hurt their feelings.

Breakdown complete. Toys out of the pram. hahahhaah, priceless

Dicie

Post by Dicie » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:27 am

Ginge, the list.... Surely this has to make your top 10

The Ginge Reaper

Site Censorship

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:17 pm

**chuckle**
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

Monkety Tonkety

Post by Monkety Tonkety » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:29 pm

People are entitled to their opinions. All I'll say is that nobody should go to a football match and not come back alive. I'm a United fan and I hate hearing chants about Hillsborough.

The findings show that the Liverpool fans were not to blame, and it was yet another cover up by the authorities.

Hillsborough and Heysel are two completely different scenarios.

Dicie

Post by Dicie » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:30 pm

Monkety Tonkety wrote:People are entitled to their opinions. All I'll say is that nobody should go to a football match and not come back alive.

The findings show that the Liverpool fans were not to blame, and it was yet another cover up by the authorities.

Course they are MT, take a look round, i dont think anyone is saying Gaz (RIP JC) wasnt entitled to an opinion, people were just sick of hearing how it was expressed and language used to express it.

Hes gone.

Long live De gaz

Monkety Tonkety

Post by Monkety Tonkety » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:33 pm

Dicie wrote:
Monkety Tonkety wrote:People are entitled to their opinions. All I'll say is that nobody should go to a football match and not come back alive.

Course they are MT, take a look round, i dont think anyone is saying Gaz (RIP JC) wasnt entitled to an opinion, people were just sick of hearing how it was expressed and language used to express it.

Hes gone.

Long live De gaz
I hope he returns. But yeah I agree about the language used.

macca

Post by macca » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:34 pm

pathetic, gaz you are pathetic.

oh and i'm not a scouser either
Believe it or not I look forward to your posts. I admit I was having a bad day, don't we all sometimes?

19 - 09 - 2011

Dicie

Post by Dicie » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:35 pm

Monkety Tonkety wrote:
Dicie wrote:

Hes gone.

Long live De gaz
I hope he returns. But yeah I agree about the language used.

Hes a man of his word he wont be returning.

RIP Justin credible.

TimmyB

Post by TimmyB » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:53 pm

Monkety Tonkety wrote: All I'll say is that nobody should go to a football match and not come back alive.
I've been to a few where I was wishing for death to come. :D

I actually agree with some of JC's points, however, not the way they have been put forward.

Still, I hope he comes back to the site because despite the bravado he seems a sound bloke.
fandarts wrote:i never had timmy down as a fully blown mong

hang the dj

Post by hang the dj » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:00 pm

When does the campaign start to bring back Gaz

micko

Post by micko » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:28 pm

What an interesting thread.
One year I got a bike for my birthday. So I went peddling off down the road and knocked an old lady down.
'Can't you ring your bell?' She said. 'I can ring my bell,' I said 'But I can't ride my bike'

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:47 pm

what a depressing read.

gaz, nobody is saying you cannot have an opinion different to other users and within the boundaries of the rules can post what you want.

the issue is simply the language that you choose to use and the genuine rage that seems to comes with your posts when the topics are things you feel passionately about. the site needs strong opinions, passionately expressed, but within the boundaries of respect to other users.

for example i may well think the i.r.a are murdering fucking scum who i hope rot in hell, but i wouldn't express those views in that language, why? because i take into account other peoples feelings and opinions and can make my points far better without the profanity.

if you want to tell someone to fuck off, do so, just leave out the murdering scouse scum etc

gonk summed it up pefectly above, just chill out mate.

welsh

Post by welsh » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:01 pm

[quote="Darth Randall"what a depressing read.

gaz, nobody is saying you cannot have an opinion different to other users and within the boundaries of the rules can post what you want.

the issue is simply the language that you choose to use and the genuine rage that seems to comes with your posts when the topics are things you feel passionately about. the site needs strong opinions, passionately expressed, but within the boundaries of respect to other users.

for example i may well think the i.r.a are murdering fucking scum who i hope rot in hell, but i wouldn't express those views in that language, why? because i take into account other peoples feelings and opinions and can make my points far better without the profanity.

if you want to tell someone to fuck off, do so, just leave out the murdering scouse scum etc

gonk summed it up pefectly above, just chill out mate.[/quote]
Take it to your book section :D

On a serious note though it's a shame how this has turned out..

Darty

Post by Darty » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:29 pm

I look forward to contributing sensibly on here from now on
Runner-up of the inaugral Ryde Social Club Island v Mainland Challenge Cup

micko

Post by micko » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:36 pm

Darty wrote:I look forward to contributing sensibly on here from now on
I won't hold my breath.
One year I got a bike for my birthday. So I went peddling off down the road and knocked an old lady down.
'Can't you ring your bell?' She said. 'I can ring my bell,' I said 'But I can't ride my bike'

Darty

Post by Darty » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:42 pm

All we are saying is give peace a chance. Gaz's exile is the shot in the arm this place needed
Runner-up of the inaugral Ryde Social Club Island v Mainland Challenge Cup

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:53 pm

Go feck yerself yer daddys boy greengrocer fat cunt under the table out of breath fecker
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016