Talksport Tungsten

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
hang the dj

Re: Talksport Tungsten

Post by hang the dj » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:32 pm

Oche Balboa wrote:Taylor does not deserve to be on the shortlist on SPOTY, as he is not the World Champion
How many majors has Andy Murray won but he seems to make the list every year?

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:44 pm

hang the dj wrote:
Oche Balboa wrote:Taylor does not deserve to be on the shortlist on SPOTY, as he is not the World Champion
How many majors has Andy Murray won but he seems to make the list every year?
every year the media hype the twat...........

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:30 pm

Mace's blog lifted from Krispy's site

Talksport Tungsten Tips & Twitter; Blog by Chris Mason
As we get very close to the Player Championship finals, which of course are being televised by ITV4, I am pleased to be able to bring you a blog by darts pro and TV presenter, Chris Mason, who you will see and hear throughout the tournament. Chris has been a good friend to this site, and myself, he helped get me into my first pro tour event, which then helped me meet more players which led onto this site getting more info and more interviews.

Mace the Ace is currently planning for a come-back in 2012, with a new fitness regime, serious practice, and a much more professional approach to the game. I know I and quite a few others will be rooting for him to do well at the qualifying school early next year! On top of that, he has launched a brand new website full of videos, and should be launching a darts radio show next year – busy times mate! Oh and check out the competition Chris will be running, looks a cracker – something unique to be won (Chris himself!!)

Talksport Tungsten Tips & Twitter by Chris Mason

Chris 'mace the ace' Mason - coming to your TV screens from this Thursday, GAME ON!
It’s the Tuesday 5.30pm before the Players Championships finals at Donny Dome, it’s also being shown on ITV so that means yours truly will be doing a bit of TV!

So I had my eyebrows done, my hair dyed and last but by no means least the latest addition to my male grooming, nasal hair! Is it actually attached to the top of your head?

Since my last blog so much has happened, the most exciting of which was a interview at Talk sport Towers, myself and new sponsor Darren went along to meet a chap called Moz! I know what a cool name and what a cool fella; he was like captain Kirk over looking all his people from the bridge of the Enterprise, occasionally checking his pc screen whilst still pretending to listen to my bullshit about darts on the radio.

Well the good news is I have got a pilot show out of it, which is incredible and shows how far our sport has come, the downside how the fook do you write a radio show? My writing expertise end at writing letters from prison, ah well that Archer fella did all right out of it!

My website www.chrismason.tv gathers pace as does my twitter page, I think I have the most diverse group of followers on there, I love it and I will be tweeting live during most matches at the players champs, taking questions and giving shout outs, I’m sure there will be some dross that needs a livener lol.

I will also be running a text comp from my website where one lucky punter & his or her mates will win a night with yours truly at your local pub or club, keep an eye out on my twitter page but it should go live at the start of play on Thursday, this comp is open to everyone in the UK & Ireland, and anywhere in the world if you pick up the bill lol.

The hot topic on twitter is the darts at Donny and who I fancy to do well, not a great idea if it means not having a turkey on Christmas day, I do have the reputation of not being able to tip up a wheel barrow! The event is sponsored by Cash Converters! So watch as I convert your Christmas into loads of worthless bits of paper, if you have cats they will have a great time! Alas you still ask so here goes.

From the first round matches I expect to see wins for the following players. Webster, Chissnal, Jones, Painter, Nicholson.

So many of the other games are too tough to call but I wouldn’t be shocked to see Big Hendo, Van Gerwen and Scott Rand win, Terry Jenkins could provide the first major shock if he comes out the traps ubber fast verses the man who is finding some scary form Phil Taylor!

Phil’s recent continued domination has put all the players on the back foot or as they say in forum land “in his back pocket” In Terry Jenkins there is a player who admittedly doesn’t have the greatest strike rate against Phil but he won’t be intimidated by the power, The Bull also has shown signs of returning to his best, there were even rumours of him blowing the cobwebs off his practice board amongst all his other antiques, I’m going to have a little punt on Lovejoy! Should you? Only if you want to convert that Xmas morning bottle of sherry into fuel for the open fire.

My hunch is that the mercurial Raymond Van Barneveld is going to come good in the next few events and don’t see why the tulip from Amsterdam cant blossom here at Donny, Baxter’s record against the Legend is not a great one but he has been making some noises and feels like he’s hitting form and his recent run in a tour event suggests this, the first round here is a short best of 11 race and if Barney gets up the hill early then he will relish the second round best 15.

Top half Chissnal & Jones, bottom half Taylor & Barney, not hard to find the value, will it be M&S or co-op this Christmas, get on E/W Chizzy Rascal & Wayne Jones and lets hope Jones can wander into the final. Good Luck Punters.

Thanks to Chris for letting me reproduce his blog here – you can follow him on twitter here; @chrismasontv, and it sounds like it will be especially worth it during the player champs in Doncaster!
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

D & B

Post by D & B » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:51 pm

Any updates on the progress of this?

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:50 pm

Gonna say thanks to the lads at the new 606 for letting me link to our Mace interview there and here's where you can read an interview they did with him.

http://www.606v2.com/t16508-your-questi ... hris-mason

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:18 pm

where have you linked from on not606, i dont see anything in the darts section?

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:22 pm

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:24 pm

as the missus said just the other day when i couldnt find the bin bags

"you couldnt have looked very fucking hard" :lol: