Supermarket Offers and other Bargains.

General day to day stuff
Rogg

Re: Supermarket Offers and other Bargains.

Post by Rogg » Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:47 pm

9-pack of single finger white choc twix in ff for 49p. 180g.

not a girl

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:46 pm

Rogg wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:47 pm 9-pack of single finger white choc twix in ff for 49p. 180g.

Is that you? I knew you were a girl

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Fri Sep 08, 2023 4:05 pm

I popped into Lidl yesterday as it was next to where I went to meet the Mrs when she finished work, Thought as it was hot I would just grab some salad stuff for dinner so I didn't have to put the cooker on and a BBQ is a no go until I get the garden sorted, Amongst the items I bought was a mixed leaf salad in a bag which was on offer at 49p, Was only 10 mins until I got home and put it in the fridge, Couple of hours later I went to make us all a salad for dinner, Took the bag of salad leaves out of the fridge and it was fucking rotten...Brown liquid all in the bag and the leaves were a state....Lesson learned, Won't be buying from there again.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Fri Sep 08, 2023 4:21 pm

daveboygreen wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 4:05 pm I popped into Lidl yesterday as it was next to where I went to meet the Mrs when she finished work, Thought as it was hot I would just grab some salad stuff for dinner so I didn't have to put the cooker on and a BBQ is a no go until I get the garden sorted, Amongst the items I bought was a mixed leaf salad in a bag which was on offer at 49p, Was only 10 mins until I got home and put it in the fridge, Couple of hours later I went to make us all a salad for dinner, Took the bag of salad leaves out of the fridge and it was fucking rotten...Brown liquid all in the bag and the leaves were a state....Lesson learned, Won't be buying from there again.
I like a leaf. There are often reduced bags of leaves in lidl on or near their best before date. As often as not they are on the turn, muddy spinach and browning lettuce etc. but their fresh leaves should be fine.
not a girl

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Fri Sep 08, 2023 4:22 pm

Rogg wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 4:21 pm
daveboygreen wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 4:05 pm I popped into Lidl yesterday as it was next to where I went to meet the Mrs when she finished work, Thought as it was hot I would just grab some salad stuff for dinner so I didn't have to put the cooker on and a BBQ is a no go until I get the garden sorted, Amongst the items I bought was a mixed leaf salad in a bag which was on offer at 49p, Was only 10 mins until I got home and put it in the fridge, Couple of hours later I went to make us all a salad for dinner, Took the bag of salad leaves out of the fridge and it was fucking rotten...Brown liquid all in the bag and the leaves were a state....Lesson learned, Won't be buying from there again.
I like a leaf. There are often reduced bags of leaves in lidl on or near their best before date. As often as not they are on the turn, muddy spinach and browning lettuce etc. but their fresh leaves should be fine.
The best before on them were the 11th and they felt crisp when I picked them up, I just complained to Lidl about them and they have sent me an e voucher for £5.49

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Fri Sep 08, 2023 4:29 pm

daveboygreen wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 4:22 pm
The best before on them were the 11th and they felt crisp when I picked them up, I just complained to Lidl about them and they have sent me an e voucher for £5.49
I see. That is poor. Good outcome though, £5.49 can stretch a long way in lidl.
not a girl

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Fri Sep 08, 2023 4:38 pm

Rogg wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 4:29 pm
I had a right result in the same store about 6 years ago, I had bought diced chicken which had a week to go on the use by date and when I opened it to make a stir fry it was rotten and smelt of sulphur, I complained and kicked off at them and in the end their area manager gave me £75 in vouchers as I told them I had to bin a load of meat and clean my fridge as I would not risk eating anything in the fridge after having contaminated chicken in it, The store had to clear out all their fridges as well and do a full clean...I wouldn't have taken it that far had the cheeky cunt of an assistant store manager at the time was not so rude to me when I tried to return the chicken to them.

Captain Hobo

Post by Captain Hobo » Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:27 pm

daveboygreen wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 4:38 pm
I had a right result in the same store about 6 years ago, I had bought diced chicken which had a week to go on the use by date and when I opened it to make a stir fry it was rotten and smelt of sulphur, I complained and kicked off at them and in the end their area manager gave me £75 in vouchers as I told them I had to bin a load of meat and clean my fridge as I would not risk eating anything in the fridge after having contaminated chicken in it, The store had to clear out all their fridges as well and do a full clean...I wouldn't have taken it that far had the cheeky cunt of an assistant store manager at the time was not so rude to me when I tried to return the chicken to them.
Dave going full Karen, there.
"The United States will be the first nation to land an astronaut on Nars"

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:31 pm

Captain Hobo wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:27 pm
daveboygreen wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 4:38 pm

Dave going full Karen, there.
If something aint right then im damn sure I will complain and be suitably compensated for it.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:33 pm

Well played DBG
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

Deadshot

Post by Deadshot » Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:34 pm

There are massive problems at the minute with food storage in britain. I have stopped doing weekly shops and often go every 2 or 3 days to get things I need immediately. Been burnt too much with chicken that has 9 days on the date, looks fine on the shelves but is totally sunken in - a classic sign that its sat unrefridgerated for a bit then been refridgerated. Had it with all the big names on the other hand the Lidl and Aldi's of the world have such short dates anyway I use them pretty much the same day.

My mate drives a wagon and says loads are sitting in goods inwards for hours longer than they should. Fuck all warehouse staff to shift it after unloading!

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:49 pm

farm foods 9p klaxon *honk*

Tropicana Sensations passionfruit punch, 850ml, best before today.
not a girl

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:58 pm

Great value on these in ff. A 200g Reese's peanut butter cup cane for £1.25. BBE some time next year I think so not even short-dated.

not a girl

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:28 pm

Was near Farmfoods yesterday so popped in on my way home to grab a few bits, Seen they had their frozen Turkey's in so thought for £9.99 for a medium one (between 2.8 and 4.0kg) I would try one, managed to get one that was just over 3.9kg, Left it out to defrost and have just put it on to cook, I was pleasantly surprised when I took the packaging off, I was expecting to have to trim it and prep it all but it was already done so minimal effort was needed before it went in the oven, I did look at their Turkey crown's but noticed they were from Poland and after what I have seen and heard about them injecting poultry with antibiotics I gave those a miss.

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:43 pm

Rogg wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:58 pm Great value on these in ff. A 200g Reese's peanut butter cup cane for £1.25. BBE some time next year I think so not even short-dated.

I didn't see any of these in the Farmfoods near me yesterday.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:27 pm

Rogg wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:58 pm Great value on these in ff. A 200g Reese's peanut butter cup cane for £1.25. BBE some time next year I think so not even short-dated.

I would suck your balls for that
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:56 pm

Basically giving these away now in ff. They seem despised.

not a girl

Tommo

Post by Tommo » Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:52 pm

I love them.
They're all here!

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:17 pm

You lot must be a load of right fat fuckers with all the chocolate you appear to be eating.

Deadshot

Post by Deadshot » Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:40 pm

Rogg wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:56 pm Basically giving these away now in ff. They seem despised.

Still sat in FF's on saturday not shifting. For anybody who has had them the "mouthfeel" is awful. Feels like my mouth, tongue and teeth are coated in oil. At that price I'd buy the box usually and it'll last me ages as chocolate is an occasional treat for me but I sit watching tv or whatever after eating them feeling a little sick.