Deta Hedman speaks out against Trans playing in Womens Darts

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
TheMalteseDart

Re: Deta Hedman speaks out against Trans playing in Womens Darts

Post by TheMalteseDart » Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:40 pm

The Thorn wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:38 pm
TheMalteseDart wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:36 pm
IndyCarDavid wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:21 pm Yeah I've been claimed to be like 2 or 3 multiple accounts now :lol: which I guess is impressive in some way.

I can assure all I'm a new member and never registered before
Sorry that some are so rude, hope you keep posting here more regularly
Agreed Malt but stop slurping

It's the name of the game
No it isn't, when we were all new we got a bit of stick but wasn't getting told to fuck off and die on literally every post because people thought we were multiples. It's becoming unfuckingbearable, no wonder nobody genuine bothers

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:40 pm

Indycar likes Eddie Guerrero so he's sound by me.
oche balboa wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:58 am Would be a cold day in hell before you two have a disagreement. I thought you was the same person. perhaps you are brothers

Who knows....

Who cares.....

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:44 pm

Greipel wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:11 pm
TheMalteseDart wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:08 pm
Greipel wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:00 pm
IndyCarDavid wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:34 pm
oche balboa wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:32 pm

Its a situation which should have been sorted
Think it will be hard to backtrack on the PDC side now, after that Matt Porter interview.
Fuck off and die.
Why you saying that to him for?
It's Smithy and it has been cleared weeks ago.
It isn't
Desist please

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:45 pm

TheMalteseDart wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:40 pm
The Thorn wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:38 pm
TheMalteseDart wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:36 pm
IndyCarDavid wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:21 pm Yeah I've been claimed to be like 2 or 3 multiple accounts now :lol: which I guess is impressive in some way.

I can assure all I'm a new member and never registered before
Sorry that some are so rude, hope you keep posting here more regularly
Agreed Malt but stop slurping

It's the name of the game
No it isn't, when we were all new we got a bit of stick but wasn't getting told to fuck off and die on literally every post because people thought we were multiples. It's becoming unfuckingbearable, no wonder nobody genuine bothers
It's just Greipel though. He's a bit challenged.

In old times this place was tougher :D
WDF4LIFE

If you want to shine like the sun, first you have to burn like it

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:47 pm

Equating menstruation with a bad back. You can hear the respect for womanhood right there.
not a girl

Brainbox

Post by Brainbox » Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:52 pm

Well played to Deta for coming-out and speaking her mind. May be a controversial piece of writing to some but I'm glad she got her feelings out there.

oche balboa

Post by oche balboa » Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:54 pm

Indydavid has a lot of intelligence

So it's hardly smithy
The Thorn wrote: ↑Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:39 pm
Rather top myself than watch 1 minute of this shite

Thorn about Modus Super Series in 2021 - He now is an avid fan

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:55 pm

Rogg wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:47 pm Equating menstruation with a bad back. You can hear the respect for womanhood right there.
It's appalling honestly

Post by 1205 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:20 pm

The iron chicken wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:47 pm She is right. It's cheating in plain sight, and the jellyfish at the PDC/WDF are terrified of acting on it. They should call time on these labelled lady boys.
It's very obviously not cheating. To cheat you have to break the rules.
<Attention-seeking signature goes here>

Post by 1205 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:23 pm

daveboygreen wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:46 pm Answer is pretty simple...As Deta says, The Ladies had to start from the ground and had to build and fight to get tournaments, prize monies etc, Let the Trans players do the same and create their own system to play in...That should surely keep everyone happy :lol:
Systems. Trans men would need their own system as well.

Robinski

Post by Robinski » Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:26 pm

I think Deta's statement is very well written, even if I'm not sure I agree with it. I simply don't know enough on the subject to have a strong view either way. She has tried her utmost to not be offensive whilst stating her view on a very sensitive subject.

Where I struggle is that we're often told that darts is a sport (I know, but bear with me) where there is no gender based advantage so I'm not sure how big an issue a transgender player in Women's darts really is.

With that being said, I'm mindful of how cisgender women will feel about it - as a cis male it's not something that I'm ever going to truly understand or have to deal with.

I empathise with the WDF because any decision they make is likely to upset people. They're very much between a rock and a hard place.

Ross, Bob

Post by Ross, Bob » Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:33 pm

Randall wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:30 pm She is 100% correct
Obviously
Amen.

Post by 1205 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:38 pm

Addicks Fan wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:37 pm Her point is inaccurate, I presume she doesn't know who the current Women's World Champion is and what she turned down? Also her point has no relevance to the WDF, where female (and, apparently, trans people) can't compete with men. Whether or not individuals mind is not the point, it is whether it is fair or not that matters. That is, after all, the whole reason male and female athletes do not compete against each other in most sports.
Maybe she thinks Greaves is a man, but is OK with her playing anyway.

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:50 pm

The iron chicken wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:47 pm She is right. It's cheating in plain sight, and the jellyfish at the PDC/WDF are terrified of acting on it. They should call time on these labelled lady boys.
Tbf women can compete with men in darts, I've always thought (especially on the PDC side) that the existence of gendered competition was more as a way to encourage women to take part rather than for reasons of 'fairness', but regardless of that, do you really think trans women would go to the lengths they do, all the medication, all the legal stuff, possibly even surgery, all to pick up a few lousy bob on the women's darts circuit? Laughable...

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:53 pm

thegentle wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:50 pm
Tbf women can compete with men in darts, I've always thought (especially on the PDC side) that the existence of gendered competition was more as a way to encourage women to take part rather than for reasons of 'fairness', but regardless of that, do you really think trans women would go to the lengths they do, all the medication, all the legal stuff, possibly even surgery, all to pick up a few lousy bob on the women's darts circuit? Laughable...
Which is all totally irrelevant
Men have proven better hand eye coordination than women meaning they will be better at darts
Even if they weren't women are being denied opportunity than deta has fought her entire career for.

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:55 pm

Quite a few women’s players liking and commenting on Deta’s post, good stuff, maybe someone else will speak out too

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:58 pm

TheMalteseDart wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:55 pm Quite a few women’s players liking and commenting on Deta’s post, good stuff, maybe someone else will speak out too
Women are the sacrificial lamb for the trans movement
Live how you please but no place in gender segregated categories and places.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:59 pm

TheMalteseDart wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:55 pm Quite a few women’s players liking and commenting on Deta’s post, good stuff, maybe someone else will speak out too
I thought it bad form to share at the time, seeing as his tweets are private, but Tony Martin (Ana's partner) was on twitter the other day saying that this was coming. The feeling amongst the women seems strong.
not a girl

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:03 pm

Rogg wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:59 pm
I thought it bad form to share at the time, seeing as his tweets are private, but Tony Martin (Ana's partner) was on twitter the other day saying that this was coming. The feeling amongst the women seems strong.
Was always going to happen
The trans hate mob will descend on deta no doubt
No surprise she is the 1st 1 brave enough to speak up
Being a lady of colour discrimination will be nothing new to her I'm sure

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:04 pm

Randall wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:53 pm
thegentle wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:50 pm
Which is all totally irrelevant
Men have proven better hand eye coordination than women meaning they will be better at darts
Even if they weren't women are being denied opportunity than deta has fought her entire career for.
Well that slight disadvantage your average woman faces clearly isn't insurmountable, or else no woman would be able to compete with the men ever. I dare say all the stuff trans people have to do in order to transition is going to help them neither. As I say, I think the existence of women's darts is probably as much for social reasons, there's never been anything physically to stop them competing in a game where physicality is almost a non-factory, but I guess the traditional image of darts wasn't very woman-friendly