Randall
Site Admin

Re: Boxing

Post by Randall » Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:29 pm

Stupid alphabet game now

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:29 pm

HalloweenJack wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:13 pm Eh? This will be a hugely popular event. The build up with be amazing with two unpredictable characters. This will do very well on PPV. This fight interests me more than Usyk v AJ I’m glad Matchroom didn’t win the purse bid as well.
Whyte is a bit of a hypejob. He's little better than Chisora and Parker imo.

It'll be a big event in the UK, but the fight itself will probably be a mismatch. If Fury takes it seriously, he boxes Whyte's ears off and probably stops him in the same way he did Chisora in their 2nd meeting. If Fury half-arses training, which he might, he will still win on handily on points.
oche balboa wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:58 am Would be a cold day in hell before you two have a disagreement. I thought you was the same person. perhaps you are brothers

Who knows....

Who cares.....

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:31 pm

It's all about money, boxing these days
WDF4LIFE

If you want to shine like the sun, first you have to burn like it

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:03 pm

I agree with a lot of what Senna says in this thread. Whyte is good but is nowhere near Fury’s level. I think Whyte gets schooled severely, he is game and will certainly give it a go, unlike the tepid display from AJ against Usyk last time out. Whyte also got fortunate decisions against Chisora in their first fight and against Parker.
‘For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and everyone who humbles himself will be exalted’

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:42 pm

HalloweenJack wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:03 pm I agree with a lot of what Senna says in this thread. Whyte is good but is nowhere near Fury’s level. I think Whyte gets schooled severely, he is game and will certainly give it a go, unlike the tepid display from AJ against Usyk last time out. Whyte also got fortunate decisions against Chisora in their first fight and against Parker.
I can't see Joshua finding a way to beat Usyk in the rematch either.

Take away Joshua's jab - as Usyk did - and he usually gets lost. He did some good work leading with his right and cutting Usyk off with an uppercut to the body in the mid-rounds, but Usyk was able to adjust and drown AJ down the stretch when he gassed.

I don't think Joshua has the cardio, footwork or durability to be a pressure fighter. Neither do I think he's good enough on the inside to smother Usyk in the clinch.
oche balboa wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:58 am Would be a cold day in hell before you two have a disagreement. I thought you was the same person. perhaps you are brothers

Who knows....

Who cares.....

HalloweenJack

Boxing

Post by HalloweenJack » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:54 pm

sennafan24 wrote:
HalloweenJack wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:03 pm I agree with a lot of what Senna says in this thread. Whyte is good but is nowhere near Fury’s level. I think Whyte gets schooled severely, he is game and will certainly give it a go, unlike the tepid display from AJ against Usyk last time out. Whyte also got fortunate decisions against Chisora in their first fight and against Parker.
I can't see Joshua finding a way to beat Usyk in the rematch either.

Take away Joshua's jab - as Usyk did - and he usually gets lost. He did some good work leading with his right and cutting Usyk off with an uppercut to the body in the mid-rounds, but Usyk was able to adjust and drown AJ down the stretch when he gassed.

I don't think Joshua has the cardio, footwork or durability to be a pressure fighter. Neither do I think he's good enough on the inside to smother Usyk in the clinch.
Since the Klitschko fight, AJ appears to have become gun shy. The only time I’ve seen him go for someone was when he got tagged by Ruiz after AJ dropped him and was looking to finish it. We all know how that ended. I’m still perplexed at his tactics against Usyk,. Are his team afraid to throw caution to the wind and let his hands go? I think Usyk is too smart and will counter him. This is why AJ could never beat Fury imo. His only chance would be to go for him early and I believe he would likely get tagged and put away early. He could never out box Fury in a million years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk UI
‘For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and everyone who humbles himself will be exalted’

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:09 pm

HalloweenJack wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:54 pm Since the Klitschko fight, AJ appears to have become gun shy. The only time I’ve seen him go for someone was when he got tagged by Ruiz after AJ dropped him and was looking to finish it. We all know how that ended. I’m still perplexed at his tactics against Usyk,. Are his team afraid to throw caution to the wind and let his hands go? I think Usyk is too smart and will counter him. This is why AJ could never beat Fury imo. His only chance would be to go for him early and I believe he would likely get tagged and put away early. He could never out box Fury in a million years. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk UI
Fury is better than Joshua at everything barring punching power. And Fury has been in with bigger punchers than Joshua.

I wasn't that surprised about Joshua's tactics against Usyk. I simply think that Usyk shut his offence down and out-boxed him. Had Joshua pressed forward, I think Usyk would be able to keep turning him and/or countering off the back foot. Eventually, Joshua would either gas out or get tagged.

It's just a horrible style match-up for Joshua.

Who knows....

Who cares.....

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:19 pm

sennafan24 wrote:
HalloweenJack wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:54 pm Since the Klitschko fight, AJ appears to have become gun shy. The only time I’ve seen him go for someone was when he got tagged by Ruiz after AJ dropped him and was looking to finish it. We all know how that ended. I’m still perplexed at his tactics against Usyk,. Are his team afraid to throw caution to the wind and let his hands go? I think Usyk is too smart and will counter him. This is why AJ could never beat Fury imo. His only chance would be to go for him early and I believe he would likely get tagged and put away early. He could never out box Fury in a million years. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk UI
Fury is better than Joshua at everything barring punching power. And Fury has been in with bigger punchers than Joshua.

I wasn't that surprised about Joshua's tactics against Usyk. I simply think that Usyk shut his offence down and out-boxed him. Had Joshua pressed forward, I think Usyk would be able to keep turning him and/or countering off the back foot. Eventually, Joshua would either gas out or get tagged.

It's just a horrible style match-up for Joshua.
I’ve said it on here previously, but I think Fury v Usyk would be a horrible match up and be a poor watch. Fury wins for me as he would use his size and weight advantage. He would win an ugly fight on points imo possibly late stoppage as he could mark Usyk up badly. AJ barely hit Usyk but did cause some facial damage.

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:24 pm

HalloweenJack wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:19 pm I’ve said it on here previously, but I think Fury v Usyk would be a horrible match up and be a poor watch. Fury wins for me as he would use his size and weight advantage. He would win an ugly fight on points imo possibly late stoppage as he could mark Usyk up badly. AJ barely hit Usyk but did cause some facial damage.
I've probably posted this in the past, but I think Usyk matches up quite well against Fury.

Fury won't be able to out-box him like he does every other HW. And there is no certainty that Fury will be able to walk him down either. It'll certainly be harder for Fury to walk Usyk down and smother him in the clinch than it was against Wilder.

For me, it's a 50/50 fight.

Who knows....

Who cares.....

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:21 pm

The Thorn wrote:It's all about money, boxing these days
They’re not going to fight for free are they.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:42 pm

Usyk v Fury could be poor for the reasons you give HJ, but at the same time it could also be a great watch. Might not be a typical heavyweight fight where you're expecting a knockout any second but it will be really intriguing to watch them figure each other out, they're both masterful boxers so I can't see it not being enjoyable, and it's not as if they've both got pillowhands either so you never know

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:42 pm

Just about to watch Eubank JN v Williams.

I think Eubank JN wins

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:26 am

Adam Smith is much more bearable on boxing, shouts more at the right moments rather than everytime a player hits a treble 20

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:34 am

I don’t mind Smith, the seething when he is on comms on the darts is hilarious.
As for the fight. Eubank JN a clear winner. I do think he could do more though, he looked a class above Williams.

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:47 am

Eubank Jr is nothing special.

Who knows....

Who cares.....

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:10 pm

sennafan24 wrote:Eubank Jr is nothing special.
He has improved since he teamed up with Roy Jones JNR, he was definitely a class above Williams last night.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:14 pm

Have to go some to be as tough as his old man
Absolutely nails

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:15 pm

HalloweenJack wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:10 pm
He has improved since he teamed up with Roy Jones JNR, he was definitely a class above Williams last night. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doesn't mean he's anything special.

There are at least 2 boxers in England vastly superior to him.

Who knows....

Who cares.....

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:03 pm

Go on then HJ.

Educate me on boxing.

Who knows....

Who cares.....

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:04 pm

sennafan24 wrote:
HalloweenJack wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:10 pm
He has improved since he teamed up with Roy Jones JNR, he was definitely a class above Williams last night. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doesn't mean he's anything special.

There are at least 2 boxers in England vastly superior to him.
Are you specifically referring to his weight class?
There’s a few more if we are talking all weights.