Current OoM

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Randall
Site Admin

Re: Current OoM

Post by Randall » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:11 am

Emulsfier wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:06 am
Randall wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:49 pm Decent lead as well
What are the 3 big names defending in 2021?
Wright doesnt really have much to defend in one spot, lots spread out all over the place. A very steady PCs and euro tours help with that. MvG has the biggest problems with a huge fat stack of euro tour money, the GP and the PCs to defend. Price is fine right until the end of the year, when he suddenly has GsoD win, euro finals and PC finals all to defend. Should be interesting.
And if the euro events dont happen?

Emulsfier

Post by Emulsfier » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:12 am

Randall wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:11 am
Emulsfier wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:06 am
Randall wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:49 pm Decent lead as well
What are the 3 big names defending in 2021?
Wright doesnt really have much to defend in one spot, lots spread out all over the place. A very steady PCs and euro tours help with that. MvG has the biggest problems with a huge fat stack of euro tour money, the GP and the PCs to defend. Price is fine right until the end of the year, when he suddenly has GsoD win, euro finals and PC finals all to defend. Should be interesting.
And if the euro events dont happen?
Who the hell knows :lol:

PT13

Post by PT13 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:22 am

Price needs to focus on World Matchplay this year, the second biggest event. His record there has been abysmal apart from his 2015 debut when he beat Michael Smith in the first round and then battered Adrian Lewis in their second round match. And the 2016 rematch with Lewis was the most anti-climatic grudge match of all time, where both averaged around the low 80s.

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:51 am

PT13 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:22 am Price needs to focus on World Matchplay this year, the second biggest event. His record there has been abysmal apart from his 2015 debut when he beat Michael Smith in the first round and then battered Adrian Lewis in their second round match. And the 2016 rematch with Lewis was the most anti-climatic grudge match of all time, where both averaged around the low 80s.
Was that the infamous 'can't practise crapping yourself' game? Ffs Aidy, that quote has come back to bite him!

PT13

Post by PT13 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:55 am

thegentle wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:51 am
PT13 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:22 am Price needs to focus on World Matchplay this year, the second biggest event. His record there has been abysmal apart from his 2015 debut when he beat Michael Smith in the first round and then battered Adrian Lewis in their second round match. And the 2016 rematch with Lewis was the most anti-climatic grudge match of all time, where both averaged around the low 80s.
Was that the infamous 'can't practise crapping yourself' game? Ffs Aidy, that quote has come back to bite him!
Aye, that's the one, from the 2016 World Matchplay. An even more embarrassing quote from Lewis in hindsight is Lewis saying "Gerwyn Price is a big mouth who has never won anything and never will win anything". Even at the time, that wasn't true, because Price had won Pro Tours, and won the Swalec Cup in Rugby Union with Cross Keys.
Last edited by PT13 on Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Malanax

Post by Malanax » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:55 am

The top 32 is starting to look better now people like Webster Beaton West etc have all gone, Jamie Hughes looks the most unexpected name now can't imagine he'll stay there long the way he's playing

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:59 am

Malanax wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:55 am The top 32 is starting to look better now people like Webster Beaton West etc have all gone, Jamie Hughes looks the most unexpected name now can't imagine he'll stay there long the way he's playing
Really hadn't heard much of him in 2020, but apparently he was in the seasonal top 32. He's injured now and is having surgery, lucky for him I guess that the season might be delayed or else he'll be toast

Malanax

Post by Malanax » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:00 am

PT13 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:55 am
Aye, that's the one, from the 2016 World Matchplay. An even more embarrassing quote from Lewis in hindsight is Lewis saying "Gerwyn Price is a big mouth who has never won anything and never will win anything". Even at the time, that wasn't true, because Price had won Pro Tours, and won the Swalec Cup in Rugby with Cross Keys.

Quick scan of wiki, Lewis since that comment hasnt made a major final and won 2 PCs and a world cup possibly?

Price has won atleast 7 PCs, a world cup, 3 euro tours, wgp, 2 grand slams, a world series finals, and a world championship.

Malanax

Post by Malanax » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:06 am

thegentle wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:59 am
Malanax wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:55 am The top 32 is starting to look better now people like Webster Beaton West etc have all gone, Jamie Hughes looks the most unexpected name now can't imagine he'll stay there long the way he's playing
Really hadn't heard much of him in 2020, but apparently he was in the seasonal top 32. He's injured now and is having surgery, lucky for him I guess that the season might be delayed or else he'll be toast
Good shout, he's 27th for 2020 wouldn't have guessed that.

Think there's 3 people outside the world top 32 inside the 2020 top 32

28 searle
30 dolan
32 Heta

And the 3 opposite are

Evans 34th
Lewis 36th
Dobey 38th

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:10 am

Malanax wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:06 am
thegentle wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:59 am
Good shout, he's 27th for 2020 wouldn't have guessed that.

Think there's 3 people outside the world top 32 inside the 2020 top 32

28 searle
30 dolan
32 Heta

And the 3 opposite are

Evans 34th
Lewis 36th
Dobey 38th
Searle and Heta I expect to have a good year, think they'll be comfortably in the top 32 this time next year, and then in the near future I reckon they'll move towards the top 16. Fringes of the top 32 is Evans's, Lewis's and Dolan's level at the moment, Dobey (and Jeffrey de Zwaan) had a bad year but I do expect them to bounce back in 2021

DeepFriedRat

Post by DeepFriedRat » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:19 am

PT13 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:55 am
Aye, that's the one, from the 2016 World Matchplay. An even more embarrassing quote from Lewis in hindsight is Lewis saying "Gerwyn Price is a big mouth who has never won anything and never will win anything". Even at the time, that wasn't true, because Price had won Pro Tours, and won the Swalec Cup in Rugby Union with Cross Keys.
Funny enough I brought this very match up tonight with my dad watching the final. Ever since Lewis put Price down as 'the difference between greatness and not so great", he has completely and utterly bombed.

Laughably also, this was a year before Price got to the UK Open final and Price wasn't even that good then. The 2017/18 incarnation of Price that got smashed week-in week out in the Premier League is still miles better than the Lewis of today. Now look at how far he's improved in the two years since. Correct me if I'm wrong but Lewis hasn't got a to a tv final even since.

I think deep down Adrian Lewis will be the most embarrassed out of everyone after tonight. Anderson may not like Price and Van Gerwen might be pissed about being number two, but they can hold their heads high. Lewis should be mortified.

Barney's chief slave. Also severely addicted to The Ferret.

An ultimate jamboree of Lord Hobo-loving, Sexy Joyce worshipping, Smudger smearing, Goldfingering, Beautiful Biscuit bonanza.

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:42 am

DeepFriedRat wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:19 am Aye, that's the one, from the 2016 World Matchplay. An even more embarrassing quote from Lewis in hindsight is Lewis saying "Gerwyn Price is a big mouth who has never won anything and never will win anything". Even at the time, that wasn't true, because Price had won Pro Tours, and won the Swalec Cup in Rugby Union with Cross Keys.

Funny enough I brought this very match up tonight with my dad watching the final. Ever since Lewis put Price down as 'the difference between greatness and not so great", he has completely and utterly bombed.

Laughably also, this was a year before Price got to the UK Open final and Price wasn't even that good then. The 2017/18 incarnation of Price that got smashed week-in week out in the Premier League is still miles better than the Lewis of today. Now look at how far he's improved in the two years since. Correct me if I'm wrong but Lewis hasn't got a to a tv final even since.

I think deep down Adrian Lewis will be the most embarrassed out of everyone after tonight. Anderson may not like Price and Van Gerwen might be pissed about being number two, but they can hold their heads high. Lewis should be mortified.
+1

I am a big fan, but Lewis is now irrelevant to the top-end of the game. He's an also-ran these days and has been for a while.
oche balboa wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:58 am Would be a cold day in hell before you two have a disagreement. I thought you was the same person. perhaps you are brothers

Who knows....

Who cares.....

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:33 am

sennafan24 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:42 am
DeepFriedRat wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:19 am Aye, that's the one, from the 2016 World Matchplay. An even more embarrassing quote from Lewis in hindsight is Lewis saying "Gerwyn Price is a big mouth who has never won anything and never will win anything". Even at the time, that wasn't true, because Price had won Pro Tours, and won the Swalec Cup in Rugby Union with Cross Keys.

+1

I am a big fan, but Lewis is now irrelevant to the top-end of the game. He's an also-ran these days and has been for a while.
totally agree, he is 83k away from the top 16 and doesn't even look like he has the desire to fight to get back to the top...

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:38 am

tungsten tossers wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:33 am totally agree, he is 83k away from the top 16 and doesn't even look like he has the desire to fight to get back to the top...
He was talking about retirement over the summer.

However, I think it's more likely that he'll just carry on until he loses his tour card.
oche balboa wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:58 am Would be a cold day in hell before you two have a disagreement. I thought you was the same person. perhaps you are brothers

Who knows....

Who cares.....

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:46 am

sennafan24 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:38 am
tungsten tossers wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:33 am totally agree, he is 83k away from the top 16 and doesn't even look like he has the desire to fight to get back to the top...
He was talking about retirement over the summer.

However, I think it's more likely that he'll just carry on until he loses his tour card.
He is one of the players that covid has put the knife into..
He would still be a pull on the exbo circuit, but that seems a distant memory
A big drop down the OOM in 2021 would make him think about retiring, I would think,
as it would hurt his ego.

PT13

Post by PT13 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:08 am

DeepFriedRat wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:19 am Funny enough I brought this very match up tonight with my dad watching the final. Ever since Lewis put Price down as 'the difference between greatness and not so great", he has completely and utterly bombed.

You're correct about Lewis not getting to a TV final since. His only real standout on TV since was at the 2017 World Matchplay, shortly after having a back operation, when he got to the semi finals and won more legs off Phil Taylor (9) than anyone else in that tournament. He got to the semi finals of the Masters earlier that year, but van Gerwen beat him easily, and it's not a ranking event. Lewis hasn't won a World Cup since 2016, with Taylor, over van Gerwen and van Barneveld, just before the grudge match with Price. Van Gerwen hammered Lewis in the 2016 World Matchplay semi finals.

I wonder if Taylor not being around on tour is a reason for Lewis' loss of form? Even in 2017, Taylor was in semi retirement, not playing any floor events.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:15 am

The reason is that he's a fat, lazy cunt who slowed his throw down and refuses to bath.
WDF4LIFE

If you want to shine like the sun, first you have to burn like it

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:17 am

The Thorn wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:15 am The reason is that he's a fat, lazy cunt who slowed his throw down and refuses to bath.
:lol:
not a fan then ?

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:18 am

tungsten tossers wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:17 am
The Thorn wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:15 am The reason is that he's a fat, lazy cunt who slowed his throw down and refuses to bath.
:lol:
not a fan then ?
I wasn't harsh on him really
WDF4LIFE

If you want to shine like the sun, first you have to burn like it

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:21 am

PT13 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:08 am I wonder if Taylor not being around on tour is a reason for Lewis' loss of form?
Why would that be?

I thought they parted ways long before Taylor retired?

Who knows....

Who cares.....