TDF sports betting syndy

Life would be boring without it!
Dicie

Re: TDF sports betting syndy

Post by Dicie » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:52 am

Sprocket501 wrote:Just a thought for discussion.

I do think that a 10% maximum bet is too high. I always work on 1% to 5% with my own personal staking.

Of course I will go with the majority view but I propose a change to 5% max bet.

It would mean if you hit a bad patch your bank roll isnt in much danger, and sports betting is a long term thing. Maybe i was dealing with degenerates previously!!!!

Mr Sheen

TDF sports betting syndy

Post by Mr Sheen » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:56 am

Celtic v St Johnstone.

Celtic coming off the back of two straight defeats will be wanting to get back on track and the visit of the only team treat them at Celtic Park this season adds an element of revenge to this too. St Johnstone are in good form so I can see them scoring and can get 133/10 at Betfair on a 3-1 Celtic win.

Sprocket501

Post by Sprocket501 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:56 am

Exactly - bankroll protection is a vital part of this.

Sprocket501

Post by Sprocket501 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:57 am

I'd suggest only minimum bets on correct scorelines.

Mr Sheen

TDF sports betting syndy

Post by Mr Sheen » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:00 am

Sprocket501 wrote:I'd suggest only minimum bets on correct scorelines.
I agree. I just couldn't see much value around and I've not been keeping up on other sports as much as I usually do. Only other thing I could see was Djokovic/Murray going three sets at 6/4.

Dicie

Post by Dicie » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:02 am

Mr Sheen wrote:
I agree. I just couldn't see much value around and I've not been keeping up on other sports as much as I usually do. Only other thing I could see was Djokovic/Murray going three sets at 6/4.

No panic m8 if you want to chage it to the murray/Djok game it is easy done. This is just a trial run, we will have a few of these each week to show how it is done

Dicie

Post by Dicie » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:03 am

We have a member investing who wishes to remain un named and is happy to go along with what is decided by the majority. Once the group then has its own area (which is already set up and ready to go) we can then all be moved in there for discussions and selections

Mr Sheen

TDF sports betting syndy

Post by Mr Sheen » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:35 pm

Dicie wrote:
Mr Sheen wrote:

No panic m8 if you want to chage it to the murray/Djok game it is easy done. This is just a trial run, we will have a few of these each week to show how it is done

Aye mate, swap it for the tennis one.

Dicie

Post by Dicie » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:35 pm

Done pal.....

Dicie

Post by Dicie » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:38 pm

Djokovic/Murray going three sets at 6/4. - Mr Sheens bet 5% win
Sprockets bet - Tottenham v Swansea

Spurs at home is often a guaranteed banker for goals - at either end. The odds for over 2.5 goals though is far too small for me to be of any value given that Swansea are very good at keeping the ball and making pretty passing patterns around the pitch. That said, Spurs have too much class and are aiming at catching Arsenal again as we go into the run in. They have had a mixed bag of result lately but have just made to to the Cup semis and will be on a high after a decent result at Chelsea last week. They also have the option of picking Lennon again today. Swansea have to drop their on-loan defender, Steven Caulker, as he is not allowed to play against his own club.

I think Spurs will have far too much today and take them to win on the Asian Handicap.

Bet: Spurs to beat Swansea with a -1.5 goal start. Odds available on Betdaq: 2.19 5% win

MH has bet on the draw between Pool and Newcastle @5/2. 5% win

Dicie

Post by Dicie » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:41 pm

The syndy area for discussion on the rules shall be visible to members of the group only, so anyone that has pledged to the group will be added to that area of the forum which is private for syndy members only.

Sprocket has added up some rules for discussion that we can all have a chat about

Also, all discussion about bets and group decisions shall take place within that part of the forum, so will not be visible to the rest of the members.

Dicie

Post by Dicie » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:45 pm

Dicie wrote:Djokovic/Murray going three sets at 6/4. - Mr Sheens bet 5% win
Sprockets bet - Tottenham v Swansea

Spurs at home is often a guaranteed banker for goals - at either end. The odds for over 2.5 goals though is far too small for me to be of any value given that Swansea are very good at keeping the ball and making pretty passing patterns around the pitch. That said, Spurs have too much class and are aiming at catching Arsenal again as we go into the run in. They have had a mixed bag of result lately but have just made to to the Cup semis and will be on a high after a decent result at Chelsea last week. They also have the option of picking Lennon again today. Swansea have to drop their on-loan defender, Steven Caulker, as he is not allowed to play against his own club.

I think Spurs will have far too much today and take them to win on the Asian Handicap.

Bet: Spurs to beat Swansea with a -1.5 goal start. Odds available on Betdaq: 2.19 5% win

MH has bet on the draw between Pool and Newcastle @5/2. 5% win

As the kitty now stands at 420 1% would be 4.20 x 5 is £21

So each bet today is a £21 win

Sprocket501

Post by Sprocket501 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:46 pm

I take it we would then vote for which bet to put on.

Dicie

Post by Dicie » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:50 pm

Sprocket501 wrote:I take it we would then vote for which bet to put on.

Yes, we would vote then wether the bets would be placed.

I can safely say now, if Mr sheen had of picked the correct score bet i would have voted against it. I just think there is no value in betting on correct scores iv shown this thru years of my own bets lol....

If all 3 are voted on, wether we place them or not, so it isnt a knock out, all 3 bets can be placed in the same day if they get the go ahead from group members

Sprocket501

Post by Sprocket501 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:52 pm

I too would not have voted for correct scores - I leave those to lottery bettors.

This is one reason I suggested singles only. One team to beat another. One horse to win. One horse to be placed etc.

Avoid like the plague, doubles, accas, Lucky 15s and all those other types of bets bookies have on pretty paper to attract the mugs.

Snakehipsx2

Post by Snakehipsx2 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:53 pm

The way I've done this previously has always been as follows.

1) Any member can suggest a bet at anytime
2) Member suggesting the bet must stipulate the stake
3) Other members vote a simple Yes/No (1 vote per share)

Keeps it simple.

Sprocket501

Post by Sprocket501 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:54 pm

I would like people to give a few reasons behind their selection.

Sprocket501

Post by Sprocket501 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:55 pm

Also, how do we compensate for the fact that someone might find a great bet for an event starting in one hour.

Not everyone is online to vote...

Then what?

Snakehipsx2

Post by Snakehipsx2 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:55 pm

Sprocket501 wrote:I would like people to give a few reasons behind their selection.
Of course, if they don't then they will more likely get a "no" from my five votes.

Dicie

Post by Dicie » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:56 pm

Sprocket501 wrote:I too would not have voted for correct scores - I leave those to lottery bettors.

This is one reason I suggested singles only. One team to beat another. One horse to win. One horse to be placed etc.

Avoid like the plague, doubles, accas, Lucky 15s and all those other types of bets bookies have on pretty paper to attract the mugs.

Iv been showing rather healthy profits from a certain gold bet

Can cost as little as £7.20

2 golf events most w/ends, euro tour and pga.

6 golfers from each event, and do them in 36 ew cross doubles. Iv struck it lucky twice, for an out lay of under £20 a week, im up over £600 since xmas. £300 of which i will invest in the masters, last yr i had 2 winners from each event across the board, i took £665 one week for my outlay of £20