UK Open Final Day

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Knots & crosses

UK Open Final Day

Post by Knots & crosses » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:22 am

180s wrote:
randall wrote:hard to see how barney can come back from that mentally.
I think he may call it a day after the worlds.

I don't think he's the sort of person who would be happy falling down the rankings & getting pumped at every TV event
by players who in his mind he should be beating.
Good. Serves him right.

Snubbing knots will be his downfall.

Randall
Site Admin

Re: UK Open Final Day

Post by Randall » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:05 am

have you cancelled your membership of the barney army then?

Knots & crosses

UK Open Final Day

Post by Knots & crosses » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:08 am

Bloke and go fuck himself to death if he loves himself that much.

Arrogant bag of wank.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:13 am

Knots & crosses wrote:Bloke and go fuck himself to death if he loves himself that much.

Arrogant bag of wank.
i presume there is a reason for this change of direction in your thinking?

Knots & crosses

UK Open Final Day

Post by Knots & crosses » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:14 am

randall wrote:
Knots & crosses wrote:Bloke and go fuck himself to death if he loves himself that much.

Arrogant bag of wank.
Yes.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:20 am

Knots & crosses wrote:
randall wrote:

Arrogant bag of wank.
Yes.
would you like to share the reasoning?

Knots & crosses

UK Open Final Day

Post by Knots & crosses » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:22 am

randall wrote:
Knots & crosses wrote:
randall wrote:

Arrogant bag of wank.
Yes.
would you like to share the reasoning?
I've met him and he's an arrogant bag of wank.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:24 am

i presume there is a reason for this change of direction in your thinking?[/quote]

Yes.[/quote]

would you like to share the reasoning?[/quote]

I've met him and he's an arrogant bag of wank.[/quote]

never liked the guy myself, though he always seemed quite modest in interviews.

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:53 pm

You should never meet your heroes Knots.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

Knots & crosses

UK Open Final Day

Post by Knots & crosses » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:09 pm

The Ginger Ninja wrote:You should never meet your heroes Knots.
Gando was tremendous crack, as have the vast majority I have ever met. RvB is by far the biggest arsehole I have met.

DrZoidberg

Post by DrZoidberg » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:37 pm

for barney to be so popular in scotland and he does a lot of exbo's, maybe he was just having an off night?

it still doesnt really suprise me in the slightest to hear of this though.

Knots & crosses

UK Open Final Day

Post by Knots & crosses » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:06 pm

DrZoidberg wrote:for barney to be so popular in scotland and he does a lot of exbo's, maybe he was just having an off night?

it still doesnt really suprise me in the slightest to hear of this though.
Meh. Any cunt that refuses a photograph can go fuck themselves, hero or not.

Luckily the next exbo is Adams vs Lewis, so no heroes there.

180s

Post by 180s » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:20 pm

Knots & crosses wrote:
Gando was tremendous crack, as have the vast majority I have ever met.RvB is by far the biggest arsehole I have met.
Most of the Dutch public are of the same opinion, what i can't understand is his popularity over here considering his arrogance
amongst over things.

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:28 pm

A fat dopey looking sweaty headshaking dutch cunt.
Never understood why he was so popular

Raff

Post by Raff » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:11 pm

180s wrote:
Knots & crosses wrote:
Gando was tremendous crack, as have the vast majority I have ever met.RvB is by far the biggest arsehole I have met.
Most of the Dutch public are of the same opinion, what i can't understand is his popularity over here considering his arrogance
amongst over things.
How did he fall so far from grace with the Dutch public then? Wasn't there at time they were going to the airport to greet hum?

skweezit

Post by skweezit » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:55 pm

some excerpts from the ODC, in the US

...Toeing the Oche wrote, “Pencil in John Part and maybe use the other end for Adrian Lewis” in pre-tournament comments about the UK Open. John Part played very well in taking out Roland Shelton 9-2 with most TV guys jumping on the Part bandwagon. That wagon hit a bump in the road when Part lost to Robert Thornton 9-8 when missing 5 darts for the game to move on. World Champion Adrian Lewis went out early to Terry Jenkins. “The Bull” had early leads of 4-1 and 7-4 with Lewis squandering 3 darts in the 12th leg to narrow the gap to 7-5. At 8-4 Jenkins could afford to lose the next 3, which he did, but won 9-7. ...

...There were some memorable collapses. Holland’s Co Stompe is one of the more interesting guys on the PDC tour. He plays in a long sleeved shirt and for the UK Open was wearing a cross between granny and grandpa glasses. The very tall Dutchman, after a 9-7 win over Simon Whitlock, stood on one leg like a giant stork in a long sleeved shirt and glasses. He would need that sense of himself and humor after he blew leads of 6-0 and 8-4 losing to Andy Boulton 9-8. During the meltdown Stompe missed double digit darts for the match win. Then there were those games where the arm was working but the mind when into “sleep mode.”...

...Phil Taylor didn’t make it to the finals. In fact Phil Taylor didn’t make it to the semi-finals. This of course brought out the “Taylor is finished” crowd. It’s been 10 months since his last major win and tongues will wag as tongues will wag. Yes, a Taylor loss brings out tongues like the bell did for Pavlov’s dog. Taylor actually started the competition is good fashion with a convincing 9-3 win over Mark Frost. The ODC is critical of some of the nicknames on the PDC Tour. Frost though has the best ever – he’s called “Frosty the Throw Man.” Now that’s good stuff. Throughout the UK Open players mentioned time and time again about the amount of heat in the venue. There were six boards all rigged with intensely hot TV lights which at best are stifling. When Paul Nicholson and Phil Taylor met on Board #1 on Saturday it was a fact that there was enough chill on the stage to hang meat. There were no “man hugs” (thank God) or chuckles and grins or any of the “Buddy, Pal, Amigo” moments we so cherish.
Nicholson had warmed up for Taylor with a comeback from 5-1 and 7-4 down to defeat Gary Anderson 9-8. Up 7-4 Anderson had doubles to go up 8-4 but misfired. Given life Nicholson turned things around with outs of 124, a big 88 on the bull and an 83 with double 9 to close the deal. Taylor looked vintage when he disposed of Dennis Priestly 9-3 with a 105 average. Nicholson has never been timid. “It doesn't matter to me that I've drawn Phil and I'll relish the challenge. I’m not scared of anybody and I never have been."....

...Lost in all the “hoopla” was one Denis “The Heat” Ovens, a pal of the ODC’s. Very quietly and with little fanfare Ovens found himself on the semi final stage for the second year in a row. He made a splash in an early round, not necessarily for playing great but for donning what was called a “Don Johnson shirt” while defeating Mark Hylton. To be honest it was the kind of shirt that the ODC would wear when dressing down but for the understated and very serious Ovens it was splashy. TV commentators, being catty, made fun of the fact that Ovens supposedly rarely smiles. “Not so!” yelled the ODC to the computer. “I saw him smile in 2009 when I bought him a beer in Las Vegas.” For his semi-final engagement against Wes Newton, Ovens chose not to wear the “Don Johnson” shirt. He forgot another Cardinal rule, “Dance with the one that brung ya.”....

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:59 pm

Interesting comments Skweezit, what or who's the ODC?
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

skweezit

Post by skweezit » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:51 am

the old dart coach, used to write for the US international dart rag "bullseye news" years ago
believe he got canned for not kissing up. irreverent, controversial and humorous

sat

UK Open Final Day

Post by sat » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:48 am

I like him. Get him to join! You live in the same country, he can't be hard to find.