Who is more Professional Wright or Price

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO

Who is a more professional person

Poll ended at Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:36 pm

Peter Wright
76%
Gerwyn Price
24%

Total votes: 21

Safc

Re: Who is more Professional Wright or Price

Post by Safc » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:14 pm

The 4 people who have voted Lice are Lice fans and have voted for him because they like him at least be honest about that.

I like Mensur but I will admit what he did at the worlds v Anderson was very unprofessional if people are that sad that they think he is professional because they like him then I feel very sorry for them.

Jimmi

Post by Jimmi » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:15 pm

Safc wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:14 pm The 4 people who have voted Lice are Lice fans and have voted for him because they like him at least be honest about that.

I like Mensur but I will admit what he did at the worlds v Anderson was very unprofessional if people are that sad that they think he is professional because they like him then I feel very sorry for them.
Can mods not see who voted for who then?

“I don’t want you lumbering me with some old bow-wow who don’t know the difference between a Liebfraumilk and a can of Tizer!“

Safc

Post by Safc » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:15 pm

Jimmi wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:15 pm
Safc wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:14 pm The 4 people who have voted Lice are Lice fans and have voted for him because they like him at least be honest about that.

Nope

Jimmi

Post by Jimmi » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:16 pm

Safc wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:15 pm

Nope
I voted for Price. ;)

“I don’t want you lumbering me with some old bow-wow who don’t know the difference between a Liebfraumilk and a can of Tizer!“

Safc

Post by Safc » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:19 pm

Jimmi wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:16 pm

Nope
I voted for Price. ;)
:lol:

Yeah but you're a idiot

Jimmi

Post by Jimmi » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:21 pm

Safc wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:19 pm
Jimmi wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:16 pm

Nope
I voted for Price. ;)
:lol:

Yeah but you're a idiot
True. :D

Greipel

Post by Greipel » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:48 pm

Exactly.

Ross, Bob

Post by Ross, Bob » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:20 pm

Safc wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:14 pm The 5 people who have voted Lice are Lice fans and have voted for him because they like him at least be honest about that.

Fixed

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:48 pm

The Thorn wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:45 pm
PT13 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:43 pm
The Thorn wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:20 pm I don't just dislike Price, I think he's a fucking bellend. His general demeanor or celebrations don't bother me too much. A character like him is good for the game but he overstepped the mark so many times. MVG is similar to Price with his attitude and celebrations but Price has done worse things in way less time than MVG. You can't call someone who almost threw a dart into his opponent's head professional.
Mervyn King did it to Phil Taylor in the 2009 Premier League, didn't he? And King is very professional.
Has he done all the other shitty things Price has? You are cherry picking an example. Do I really have to list the times Price acted completely unprofessional?
Yes, can you list them?

Maybe the thread title should have been who uses more gamesmanship. Whilst I had a pop at Senna he made some decent points.
What do you define as professional? It could mean a variety of things.
Physical health could be one element. I think Price would win this hands down against more or less any dart player. Someone with Price’s physique would cope better in sweltering conditions than a dart player who is shall we say somewhat overweight.
Last edited by HalloweenJack on Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‘For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and everyone who humbles himself will be exalted’

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:49 pm

The Thorn wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:47 pm
Safc wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:45 pm 4 Lice fans have voted wonder who they are😂
PT13 and HJ's 3 accounts?
I haven’t voted. I wouldn’t necessarily class myself as a Price fan tbh, although I do prefer him to Wright.
Last edited by HalloweenJack on Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‘For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and everyone who humbles himself will be exalted’

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:53 pm

Keyz180 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:21 pm Price without a shadow of a doubt. His behaviour against VDB the other day because he was losing just shows him up for the plank he is.

Wright used to get on my tits as well but I have started to think he isn’t that bad now, although his interviews are horrendous
If there is a professional sportsperson who gives a worse interview than Peter Wright, I’ve yet to see it.

Ross, Bob

Post by Ross, Bob » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:56 pm

HalloweenJack wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:53 pm
Keyz180 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:21 pm Price without a shadow of a doubt. His behaviour against VDB the other day because he was losing just shows him up for the plank he is.

Wright used to get on my tits as well but I have started to think he isn’t that bad now, although his interviews are horrendous
If there is a professional sportsperson who gives a worse interview than Peter Wright, I’ve yet to see it.
Darts is not a sport, mate.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:58 pm

HalloweenJack wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:48 pm
The Thorn wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:20 pm I don't just dislike Price, I think he's a fucking bellend. His general demeanor or celebrations don't bother me too much. A character like him is good for the game but he overstepped the mark so many times. MVG is similar to Price with his attitude and celebrations but Price has done worse things in way less time than MVG. You can't call someone who almost threw a dart into his opponent's head professional.
Mervyn King did it to Phil Taylor in the 2009 Premier League, didn't he? And King is very professional.
Has he done all the other shitty things Price has? You are cherry picking an example. Do I really have to list the times Price acted completely unprofessional?
Yes, can you list them?

Maybe the thread title should have been who uses more gamesmanship. Whilst I had a pop at Senna he made some decent points.
What do you define as professional?
No. I don't remember every altercation or social media post of his. Google Gerwyn Price controversy or incident or whatever and see for yourself. Gando, Wright, Durrant, Ratajski, Whitlock, Gurney, Noppert, Wade, Dimitri, Cadby etc just off the top of my head. And there are a lot more. Yes some of these aren't as bad as others. Don't even try to cherry pick one or two and explain it away.

Compare their behavior and it's clear as daylight. Wright does talk a lot of shit but that doesn't measure up to Price's behavior. I don't know what else to say.
WDF4LIFE

If you want to shine like the sun, first you have to burn like it

Safc

Post by Safc » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:03 pm

You clearly haven't seen Chizzy or DVDB then

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:07 pm

Safc wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:36 pmVote here.
How many years in a row did Wright go playing every single tinpot event? The guy's professionalism is absolutely impeccable!

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:10 pm

The Thorn wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:58 pm
Yes, can you list them?

No. I don't remember every altercation or social media post of his. Google Gerwyn Price controversy or incident or whatever and see for yourself. Gando, Wright, Durrant, Ratajski, Whitlock, Gurney, Noppert, Wade, Dimitri, Cadby etc just off the top of my head. And there are a lot more. Yes some of these aren't as bad as others. Don't even try to cherry pick one or two and explain it away.

Compare their behavior and it's clear as daylight. Wright does talk a lot of shit but that doesn't measure up to Price's behavior. I don't know what else to say.
As I’ve said in an other post, it all depends what you define professionalism as?
One of the reasons I’m not too keen on Adrian Lewis is due to the incidents he has been involved in and to my mind unless someone can prove me wrong, he has been involved in more cases than Price. I believe he has had more sanctions against him than Price.
The reason some are banging on about Price is because he is currently top of the tree in darts and Lewis is most probably a spent force.
Let’s look at what was considered Price’s worse incident. The GSOD final against Anderson Yes there was some gamesmanship going on but was that worse than when Lewis grabbed or pushed his opponent?
Difference to me is that one was a high profile tv event final, the other was during a floor event.
Last edited by HalloweenJack on Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:13 pm

Safc wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:03 pm

You clearly haven't seen Chizzy or DVDB then
Oh I have. It’s not how articulate they are but what they say with it. Wright tends to ramble and genuinely looks uncomfortable when he’s interviewed.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:16 pm

HalloweenJack wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:10 pm
Yes, can you list them?

As I’ve said in an other post, it all depends what you define professionalism as?
One of the reasons I’m not too keen on Adrian Lewis is due to the incidents he has been involved in and to my mind unless someone can prove me wrong, he has been involved in more cases. I believe he has had more sanctions against him than Price.
The reason some are banging on about Price is because he is currently top of the tree in darts and Lewis is most probably a spent force.
Let’s look at what was considered Price’s worse incident. The GSOD final against Anderson Yes there was some gamesmanship going on but was that worse than when Lewis grabbed or pushed his opponent?
Difference to me is that one was a high profile tv event final, the other was during a floor event.
I'm not defining professionalism, then again neither did you. Whatever definition we use, it's pretty clear that a lot of Price's behaviour is over the line. Dedication, attitude, behaviour, incidents? I don't see in what way this is even close.

No, don't look at his worst incident. That's bullshit. Look at all of them. The sheer number of them is enough to tell. Lewis has just as many, probably even more but he has been playing for three times as long as Price.

I have no clue what this has to do with Lewis anyway. For your information, I would definitely say Wright is more professional than Lewis too. But that's not the point.
WDF4LIFE

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:25 pm

The Thorn wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:16 pm
HalloweenJack wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:10 pm

Yes, can you list them?

One of the reasons I’m not too keen on Adrian Lewis is due to the incidents he has been involved in and to my mind unless someone can prove me wrong, he has been involved in more cases. I believe he has had more sanctions against him than Price.
I'm not defining professionalism, then again neither did you. Whatever definition we use, it's pretty clear that a lot of Price's behaviour is over the line. Dedication, attitude, behaviour, incidents? I don't see in what way this is even close.

No, don't look at his worst incident. That's bullshit. Look at all of them. The sheer number of them is enough to tell. Lewis has just as many, probably even more but he has been playing for three times as long as Price.

I have no clue what this has to do with Lewis anyway. For your information, I would definitely say Wright is more professional than Lewis too. But that's not the point.
I don’t think you could question Prices dedication or his attitude ( he has a very driven winners mentality)

As for Lewis, I mentioned him as I can’t think of a player with as many infractions as him. Imagine if this forum was around when he walked off stage against Manley?

I would say Price is a more controversial player than Wright with his onstage antics.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:27 pm

"Imagine if..."

Fuck off
WDF4LIFE