Changes you'd make to the PDC

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
thegentle

Re: Changes you'd make to the PDC

Post by thegentle » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:24 pm

Will never happen, but sack off the BDO/WDF players from the Grand Slam, make sure all PDC winners and Premier event finalists, get players from the various PDC affiliated tours around the world, then if need be to get to 32, have a floor qualifier

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:33 pm

HalloweenJack wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:49 pm
sennafan24 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:04 pm
oche balboa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:21 am 5) Keep 2-4 places available for WDF, Modus, MAD players for the GSOD.
And there it is.
What exactly is wrong with that. Historically the BDO had 8 players. Last time it was only 2 Oche is saying 2-4
Mushrooms Reunited.
HalloweenJack wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:25 am I will debate with anybody on here without becoming indignant and self righteous. I certainly never get angry.

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:33 pm

sennafan24 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:33 pm
HalloweenJack wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:49 pm
sennafan24 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:04 pm
oche balboa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:21 am 5) Keep 2-4 places available for WDF, Modus, MAD players for the GSOD.
And there it is.
What exactly is wrong with that. Historically the BDO had 8 players. Last time it was only 2 Oche is saying 2-4
Mushrooms Reunited.
‘Predictable’
‘For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and everyone who humbles himself will be exalted’

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:10 pm

If the GSOD was still a non-ranking event then I would have no issue with a handful of non-tour card holders being given wild cards.

But given that it is now a ranking event, it seems unfair for tour-card holders to lose out on a chance to win ranking money just so WDF/MAD/Modus players can pocket a few quid. Haven't tour-card holders won the right to compete for ranking money when they won their cards?
HalloweenJack wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:25 am I will debate with anybody on here without becoming indignant and self righteous. I certainly never get angry.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:14 pm

sennafan24 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:10 pm If the GSOD was still a non-ranking event then I would have no issue with a handful of non-tour card holders being given wild cards.

But given that it is now a ranking event, it seems unfair for tour-card holders to lose out on a chance to score ranking points just so WDF/MAD/Modus players can pocket a few quid. Haven't tour-card holders won the right to compete for ranking money when they won their cards?
Is the correct answer
Pdc ranking majors should not be diluted.
Entry should be limited to tour card holders who support the system

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:17 pm

Randall wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:14 pm
sennafan24 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:10 pm If the GSOD was still a non-ranking event then I would have no issue with a handful of non-tour card holders being given wild cards.

But given that it is now a ranking event, it seems unfair for tour-card holders to lose out on a chance to score ranking points just so WDF/MAD/Modus players can pocket a few quid. Haven't tour-card holders won the right to compete for ranking money when they won their cards?
Is the correct answer
Aye.

If mushrooms like Oche and HJ want to argue that there should be a PDC exhibition event open to MAD/WDF/Modus players, then that is fair enough. But keep them out of ranking events.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:18 pm

sennafan24 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:17 pm

Is the correct answer
Aye.

If mushrooms like Oche and HJ want to argue that there should be a PDC exhibition event open to MAD/WDF/Modus players, then that is fair enough. But keep them out of ranking events.
As soon as it became ranked x code should have been knocked on the head.
They add fuck all anyway

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:20 pm

I don't see the issue with a couple WDF qualifiers. As long as it's not a wildcard but based on a qualifying criteria. 30 or 32 PDC players in the field, that makes fuck all difference. Anything better than the jobbing floor qualifiers tbh.
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:25 pm

To be honest, I don't really care if they fuck the WDF off altogether. It doesn't make much of a difference realistically. I just think that having 8 floor qualifiers is a much bigger joke than having 2 WDF players.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:31 pm

The floor qualifier is a horror
Perfectly possible to fill the places via rankings and performances over the season

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:33 pm

sennafan24 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:17 pm

Is the correct answer
Aye.

Sigh.
‘For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and everyone who humbles himself will be exalted’

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:40 pm

The Thorn wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:20 pm I don't see the issue with a couple WDF qualifiers. As long as it's not a wildcard but based on a qualifying criteria. 30 or 32 PDC players in the field, that makes fuck all difference. Anything better than the jobbing floor qualifiers tbh.
They should scrap the floor qualifiers or at least limit the number of spots they award to them.

But tell me Thorn, what would be the difference between 2 extra PDC floor qualifiers and 2 WDF players?

DeepFriedRat

Post by DeepFriedRat » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:44 pm

Floor Qualifiers > WDF/Modus/MAD spots

At least the likes of Gilding and Murnan won through Q-school and play the full tour, unlike former BDO purists like Spineless and Ross the Toss begging for an easy cheque

Barney's chief slave. Also severely addicted to The Ferret.

An ultimate jamboree of Lord Hobo-loving, Sexy Joyce worshipping, Smudger smearing, Goldfingering, Beautiful Biscuit bonanza.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:45 pm

DeepFriedRat wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:44 pm Floor Qualifiers > WDF/Modus/MAD spots

At least the likes of Gilding and Murnan won through Q-school and play the full tour, unlike former BDO purists like Spineless and Ross the Toss begging for an easy cheque
As bad as they are, yes.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:47 pm

sennafan24 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:40 pm
The Thorn wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:20 pm I don't see the issue with a couple WDF qualifiers. As long as it's not a wildcard but based on a qualifying criteria. 30 or 32 PDC players in the field, that makes fuck all difference. Anything better than the jobbing floor qualifiers tbh.
They should scrap the floor qualifiers or at least limit the number of spots they award to them.

But tell me Thorn, what would be the difference between 2 extra PDC floor qualifiers and 2 WDF players?
The qualifying criteria. This is a tournament for people who won something. If there is an amateur world championship (and Masters) in the future, I'd much rather see the winners of those at the Slam than a random floor jobber.

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:51 pm

The Thorn wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:47 pm

The qualifying criteria. This is a tournament for people who won something. If there is an amateur world championship (and Masters) in the future, I'd much rather see the winners of those at the Slam than a random floor jobber.
Given that it's a PDC ranking event, it should be for players who won something in the PDC or came close to it.

The solution is to get rid of the floor qualifiers and the wildcards. Players who either win Pro-Tour events, or reach the SF stage of a ranked PDC major, should gain entry in their place.

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:52 pm

DeepFriedRat wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:44 pm Floor Qualifiers > WDF/Modus/MAD spots

I don’t think Adams ever went begging for a cheque from the PDC. If he wanted that, he wouldn’t have turned the event down several times. If anything Adams missed out on a fair bit of money with his stubbornness of not participating.

Ross, Bob

Post by Ross, Bob » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:54 pm

HalloweenJack wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:52 pm

I don’t think Adams ever went begging for a cheque from the PDC. If he wanted that, he wouldn’t have turned the event down several times. If anything Adams missed out on a fair bit of money with his stubbornness of not participating.
Please die.

Slowly.

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:56 pm

sennafan24 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:51 pm
The Thorn wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:47 pm

Given that it's a PDC ranking event, it should be for players who won something in the PDC or came close to it.

The solution is to get rid of the floor qualifiers and the wildcards. Players who either win Pro-Tour events, or reach the SF stage of a ranked PDC major, should gain entry in their place.
What made the slam unique was due to it being a cross code event. In the early days the BDO players did well, it’s only recently where the results have slipped.

Ross, Bob

Post by Ross, Bob » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:56 pm

Ross, Bob wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:54 pm
HalloweenJack wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:52 pm

Please die.

Slowly.
Bump