Who is more Professional Wright or Price

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO

Who is a more professional person

Poll ended at Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:36 pm

Peter Wright
76%
Gerwyn Price
24%

Total votes: 21

HalloweenJack

Re: Who is more Professional Wright or Price

Post by HalloweenJack » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:07 pm

The Thorn wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:55 pm
HalloweenJack wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:53 pm
Randall wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:33 pm
thegentle wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:57 pm
Randall wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:39 pm

Behaving like a prick isnt connected to professionalusm for me
Just like in football, a very cynical foul is called a 'professional foul', Price does a lot of 'professional' roars lol
He clearly puts the hours in and is dedicated to the game
That's professionalism
Spot on. I think some on here are missing the point. Professionalism isn’t just about behaviour. It covers a range of things.
As you have rightly said, to come from nowhere in a few years ( especially as he played another sport) to be world number 1 and world champion and has so far won 5 PDC premier events, shows that as well as having a natural ability for the game, a hell of a lot of professionalism to achieve what he has. I’ve no idea how often he practices, but I don’t believe he just rocks up to an event without never seeing a dartboard.
The same is clearly true for Wright so I don't know what your point is. This is a comparison between these 2 players. Professionalism covers a range of things yes, but that's incliding behaviour
My point is Price has switched sports to become a professional darts player, by all accounts he was a very good Rugby player not far off being considered for an international call up.
I wasn’t in anyway suggesting Wright doesn’t put the hours in. Clearly if you get the level where both players are at, you have to show a high level of dedication and commitment, not to mention a natural talent for darts.
‘For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and everyone who humbles himself will be exalted’

shenmue

Post by shenmue » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:08 pm

Both are cracking little players and both have won the professional world championship, doesn't get any more professional than that.

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:10 pm

Randall wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:03 pm They are both clearly very dedicated and professional
are they fuck..........

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:13 pm

Safc wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:01 pm
Randall wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:39 pm

Behaving like a prick isnt connected to professionalusm for me
Just like in football, a very cynical foul is called a 'professional foul', Price does a lot of 'professional' roars lol
That's professionalism
Spot on. I think some on here are missing the point. Professionalism isn’t just about behaviour. It covers a range of things.
As you have rightly said, to come from nowhere in a few years ( especially as he played another sport) to be world number 1 and world champion and has so far won 5 PDC premier events, shows that as well as having a natural ability for the game, a hell of a lot of professionalism to achieve what he has. I’ve no idea how often he practices, but I don’t believe he just rocks up to an event without never seeing a dartboard.
So if Wright becomes number 1 at end of year he will then be more professional. The question in this thread out of Peter Wright and Gerwyn Price who is more professional you are basically saying Price is because is number 1?
I’ve not said that at all, where are you getting this from?
This has nothing to do with ability, who is better etc. I’m basically agreeing to some extent with what Randall said. Whilst I don’t particularly like Wright, I’m hardly a Price fanboy. I’m Just trying to put some perspective to this debate. If you had put who acts up more on stage then I don’t think there would be any debate.
You despise Price probably more than any other person despises a player on this forum so you are obviously not going to see anything other than your viewpoint.
‘For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and everyone who humbles himself will be exalted’

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:15 pm

tungsten tossers wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:10 pm
Randall wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:03 pm They are both clearly very dedicated and professional
are they fuck..........
It all depends on what your definition of professionalism is?
The dedicated bit isn’t even debatable for either player.

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:20 pm

HalloweenJack wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:15 pm
are they fuck..........
exactly, and no one has stated otherwise......

Professionalism is the conduct, behaviour and attitude of someone in a work or business environment. ...
Professionalism leads to workplace success, a strong professional reputation and a high level of work ethic and excellence

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:29 pm

Randall wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:37 pm King is the ultimate professional but he has been a prick countless times
Aye, King practices tons, changes his throw, etc.

Adrian Lewis is a better talent and player than King, but I wouldn't describe him as being more professional.
HalloweenJack wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:25 am I will debate with anybody on here without becoming indignant and self righteous. I certainly never get angry.

Ross, Bob

Post by Ross, Bob » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:32 pm

tungsten tossers wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:20 pm
are they fuck..........

Professionalism is the conduct, behaviour and attitude of someone in a work or business environment. ...
Professionalism leads to workplace success, a strong professional reputation and a high level of work ethic and excellence
TT applying for a mod job, there.

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:33 pm

are they fuck..........

It could be argued that definition is more in line with a 9-5 type job. Darts is also part of an entertainment industry. I mean you probably wouldn’t get Malcolm from accounts screaming in Jenny’s face if she was late with a report would you?
I mean take how Peter Wright dresses? Would that be deemed professional if he was a sales rep?
Darts and other sports have a different code of ethics.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:35 pm

HalloweenJack wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:07 pm
That's professionalism
The same is clearly true for Wright so I don't know what your point is. This is a comparison between these 2 players. Professionalism covers a range of things yes, but that's incliding behaviour
My point is Price has switched sports to become a professional darts player, by all accounts he was a very good Rugby player not far off being considered for an international call up.
I wasn’t in anyway suggesting Wright doesn’t put the hours in. Clearly if you get the level where both players are at, you have to show a high level of dedication and commitment, not to mention a natural talent for darts.
We already covered this. You said it yourself, professionalism is a range of things. This is one aspect. What about all the others? Behavior on and off the stage, conduct on social media, incidents/relationships with other players etc.? I don't really see an aspect in which Price should be considered more professional than Wright, but I see plenty of aspects where the opposite is true.
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:36 pm

HalloweenJack wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:33 pm
are they fuck..........

It could be argued that definition is more in line with a 9-5 type job. Darts is also part of an entertainment industry. I mean you probably wouldn’t get Malcolm from accounts screaming in Jenny’s face if she was late with a report would you?
I mean take how Peter Wright dresses? Would that be deemed professional if he was a sales rep?
And shouting in an opponents face is??

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:37 pm

The Thorn wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:35 pm
HalloweenJack wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:07 pm

That's professionalism
We already covered this. You said it yourself, professionalism is a range of things. This is one aspect. What about all the others? Behavior on and off the stage, conduct on social media, incidents/relationships with other players etc.? I don't really see an aspect in which Price should be considered more professional than Wright, but I see plenty of aspects where the opposite is true.
This........

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:38 pm

The Thorn wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:35 pm I don't really see an aspect in which Price should be considered more professional than Wright, but I see plenty of aspects where the opposite is true.
Fitness?
HalloweenJack wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:25 am I will debate with anybody on here without becoming indignant and self righteous. I certainly never get angry.

Safc

Post by Safc » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:43 pm

HalloweenJack wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:13 pm
Safc wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:01 pm
That's professionalism
So if Wright becomes number 1 at end of year he will then be more professional. The question in this thread out of Peter Wright and Gerwyn Price who is more professional you are basically saying Price is because is number 1?
I’ve not said that at all, where are you getting this from?
This has nothing to do with ability, who is better etc. I’m basically agreeing to some extent with what Randall said. Whilst I don’t particularly like Wright, I’m hardly a Price fanboy. I’m Just trying to put some perspective to this debate. If you had put who acts up more on stage then I don’t think there would be any debate.
You despise Price probably more than any other person despises a player on this forum so you are obviously not going to see anything other than your viewpoint.
:lol: :lol:

Solid 8-10

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:51 pm

tungsten tossers wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:36 pm

are they fuck..........

It’s just another form of shithousery. Same as deliberately plying slow or walking very slowly to retrieve darts from the board. Rightly or wrongly it’s part of the game.

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:52 pm

sennafan24 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:38 pm
The Thorn wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:35 pm I don't really see an aspect in which Price should be considered more professional than Wright, but I see plenty of aspects where the opposite is true.
Fitness?
Bang on. I’ll add dress sense to that as well.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:55 pm

HalloweenJack wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:52 pm
Fitness?
Don't forget fresh breath
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

Safc

Post by Safc » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:56 pm

Fitness?
Rod Harrington, Jan Dekker, Paul Nicholson are more professional than anybody then as they dress well.

Safc

Post by Safc » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:56 pm

The Thorn wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:55 pm
Fitness?
Don't forget fresh breath
Perfect stool sample aswell.

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:58 pm

HalloweenJack wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:51 pm
tungsten tossers wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:36 pm

It’s just another form of shithousery. Same as deliberately plying slow or walking very slowly to retrieve darts from the board. Rightly or wrongly it’s part of the game.
what about all the shit he posts on social media?