2022 Greatest Show on Earth

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
DeepFriedRat

Re: 2022 Greatest Show on Earth

Post by DeepFriedRat » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:12 pm

Ilagan is one of the best Asian representatives so good to see him make it even if he's a bit of a ballbag.

Barney's chief slave. Also severely addicted to The Ferret.

An ultimate jamboree of Lord Hobo-loving, Sexy Joyce worshipping, Smudger smearing, Goldfingering, Beautiful Biscuit bonanza.

DeepFriedRat

Post by DeepFriedRat » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:19 pm

Early days I know but going down the potential Worlds floor qualifiers and it's decent reading so far.

Potential debutants being OBM, Soutar and Barstow are all quality, with Rusty-Jane and Lewis Williams being promising youth players showing cloggers how it's done. Kciuk also in line to play for the first time in 11 years which would be deserved.

Borland, Murnan, Hempel and De Vos should use their ET events to press up into the spots.

Hopp, Klaasen, Miss Keegan, Payne, Hinges, Pipe, Dwarf Webster, West, Lethal Biscuit and Wayne Jones are all royally fucked for the Worlds unless they have 2 or 3 big floor runs.

An ultimate jamboree of Lord Hobo-loving, Sexy Joyce worshipping, Smudger smearing, Goldfingering, Beautiful Biscuit bonanza.

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:42 pm

DeepFriedRat wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:19 pm Early days I know but going down the potential Worlds floor qualifiers and it's decent reading so far.

Potential debutants being OBM, Soutar and Barstow are all quality, with Rusty-Jane and Lewis Williams being promising youth players showing cloggers how it's done. Kciuk also in line to play for the first time in 11 years which would be deserved.

Borland, Murnan, Hempel and De Vos should use their ET events to press up into the spots.

Hopp, Klaasen, Miss Keegan, Payne, Hinges, Pipe, Dwarf Webster, West, Lethal Biscuit and Wayne Jones are all royally fucked for the Worlds unless they have 2 or 3 big floor runs.
RJR Jr and Barstow are a bit precarious because if they don't perform on the Challenge Tour they might not get the chance to continue on the ProTour this season (RJR Jr in particular because he didn't have a very good CT1-6, although has another shot before the next ProTour series I think). Barstow you'd think would be favourite in the UK and Ireland section, but the Challenge Tour can be a cruel mistress. The news about the ET could be fatal for Hopp as it's so often his saviour wrt Worlds qualification

DeepFriedRat

Post by DeepFriedRat » Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:29 pm

thegentle wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:42 pm
DeepFriedRat wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:19 pm Early days I know but going down the potential Worlds floor qualifiers and it's decent reading so far.

RJR Jr and Barstow are a bit precarious because if they don't perform on the Challenge Tour they might not get the chance to continue on the ProTour this season (RJR Jr in particular because he didn't have a very good CT1-6, although has another shot before the next ProTour series I think). Barstow you'd think would be favourite in the UK and Ireland section, but the Challenge Tour can be a cruel mistress. The news about the ET could be fatal for Hopp as it's so often his saviour wrt Worlds qualification
Oh definitely completely forgot about CT events.

RJR Jr is a bit fucked as he's low on that oom, Barstow as you say should be favourite. Plus he's on 12k so I think another 3 or 4k and he's safe for Ally Pally.

That said, we could see the likes of Thornton, Burnett, The Queef and Kevin Burness come good among others on that tour

skweezit

Post by skweezit » Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:30 pm

will be good to see gunner again.

Greipel

Post by Greipel » Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:54 pm

DeepFriedRat wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:29 pm
thegentle wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:42 pm

Oh definitely completely forgot about CT events.

RJR Jr is a bit fucked as he's low on that oom, Barstow as you say should be favourite. Plus he's on 12k so I think another 3 or 4k and he's safe for Ally Pally.

That said, we could see the likes of Thornton, Burnett, The Queef and Kevin Burness come good among others on that tour
:lol:

Dave90

Post by Dave90 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:32 pm

Question lads - gonna buy some darts tickets for my brothers birthday, I don’t need be there to do I?

As in there’s no main ticket holder that has to be there? I can just give them to him and his mates to go off themselves

Jimmi

Post by Jimmi » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:33 pm

Dave90 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:32 pm Question lads - gonna buy some darts tickets for my brothers birthday, I don’t need be there to do I?

As in there’s no main ticket holder that has to be there? I can just give them to him and his mates to go off themselves
Nope. :D
“I don’t want you lumbering me with some old bow-wow who don’t know the difference between a Liebfraumilk and a can of Tizer!“

Dave90

Post by Dave90 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:40 pm

Jimmi wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:33 pm
Dave90 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:32 pm Question lads - gonna buy some darts tickets for my brothers birthday, I don’t need be there to do I?

Fantastic cheers.

He’s turning 18 on Saturday 18th so I’ve roped his mates in and I’m sending them off to the darts! I suspect I’ll have a couple of quiet pints in one of the pubs by Ally Pally and then herd them home! :D

Be a nice birthday surprise for him, especially now his brother doesn’t need to be on the table with him!

Jimmi

Post by Jimmi » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:43 pm

Dave90 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:40 pm

Fantastic cheers.

He’s turning 18 on Saturday 18th so I’ve roped his mates in and I’m sending them off to the darts! I suspect I’ll have a couple of quiet pints in one of the pubs by Ally Pally and then herd them home! :D

Be a nice birthday surprise for him, especially now his brother doesn’t need to be on the table with him!
I bought tickets for the Matchplay two years ago form the fan to fan resale thing on Seetickets.

Had the blokes name who originally booked the tickets at the bottom and it was fine.

Hope your Brother enjoys it. :D
“I don’t want you lumbering me with some old bow-wow who don’t know the difference between a Liebfraumilk and a can of Tizer!“

Dave90

Post by Dave90 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:50 pm

Jimmi wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:43 pm

Fantastic cheers.

I bought tickets for the Matchplay two years ago form the fan to fan resale thing on Seetickets.

Had the blokes name who originally booked the tickets at the bottom and it was fine.

Ah brilliant cheers mate, I’m sure he will!

Jimmi

Post by Jimmi » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:51 pm

Dave90 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:50 pm

Fantastic cheers.

No worries. :)

Emulsfier

Post by Emulsfier » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:41 pm

Jimmi wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:51 pm

Fantastic cheers.

Good of you to answer his question before someone told him to fuck off.
Boring Brendas number one and (almost) only fan.

Smithys number one and (definitely not) only hater.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:45 pm

Emulsfier wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:41 pm

Fantastic cheers.

Fuck off
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

Jimmi

Post by Jimmi » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:06 pm

Emulsfier wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:41 pm

Fantastic cheers.

I’m not a total cunt like some on here. :D

miguelking

Post by miguelking » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:12 pm

DeepFriedRat wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:12 pm Ilagan is one of the best Asian representatives so good to see him make it even if he's a bit of a ballbag.
Mardle jizzes over the cunt whenever he is on

SuperSwede

Post by SuperSwede » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:19 pm

miguelking wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:12 pm
DeepFriedRat wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:12 pm Ilagan is one of the best Asian representatives so good to see him make it even if he's a bit of a ballbag.
Mardle jizzes over the cunt whenever he is on
Until he blocks the camera every two minutes :D
Michael "Bully Boy" Smith REIGNING Shanghai Darts Master

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:16 pm

According to Dave Allen, apparently those players who win regional events, or finish in the top 2 on a regional Order of Merit will be considered to qualify via that route and not the Pro Tour or Challenge Tour. Makes little sense to me

Safc

Post by Safc » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:19 pm

thegentle wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:16 pm
According to Dave Allen, apparently those players who win regional events, or finish in the top 2 on a regional Order of Merit will be considered to qualify via that route and not the Pro Tour or Challenge Tour. Makes little sense to me
So Schindler does qualify as a Regional qualifier and will play a pro tour qualifier.

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:23 pm

Safc wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:19 pm
thegentle wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:16 pm
So Schindler does qualify as a Regional qualifier and will play a pro tour qualifier.
Yes, although it's always been like that because the German qualifier was treated as a standalone qualifier, but this is different because normally regional tours such as the Nordic/Baltic tour and World Youth championship were treated differently