Rileys

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
daveboygreen

Rileys

Post by daveboygreen » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:15 pm

Was told earlier by someone at work that Rileys now charge customers to play darts, Up to £2.95 per half hour to use a fucking dartboard.....

Its all fine and well charging people to use facilities for sports or activities but when they are charging over the odds for drinks in their venues I think its a step too far to then charge people £5.90 for an hour on a dartboard expecially when the boards rarely get replaced or the dartzones kept up to scratch...Don't think I shall be rushing to a Rileys anytime soon for a practice, Just the latest practice in ripping off dart players from the management of Rileys!!

The Thorn

Re: Rileys

Post by The Thorn » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:32 pm

It's not their fault that you can't buy a treble
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:40 pm

The Thorn wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:32 pm It's not their fault that you can't buy a treble
If you say so

Safc

Post by Safc » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:43 pm

daveboygreen wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:15 pm Was told earlier by someone at work that Rileys now charge customers to play darts, Up to £2.95 per half hour to use a fucking dartboard.....

Its all fine and well charging people to use facilities for sports or activities but when they are charging over the odds for drinks in their venues I think its a step too far to then charge people £5.90 for an hour on a dartboard expecially when the boards rarely get replaced or the dartzones kept up to scratch...Don't think I shall be rushing to a Rileys anytime soon for a practice, Just the latest practice in ripping off dart players from the management of Rileys!!
Dosen't Suprise me tbh they will be in administration again before long my nearest one is chorlton now. Was superb years ago in Sunderland then the last year or so before it shut it went backwards no cleaning and the tables and boards never re clothed or changed.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:12 pm

I visited a Rileys once. They had a lot of dartboards.

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:16 pm

Safc wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:43 pm
daveboygreen wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:15 pm Was told earlier by someone at work that Rileys now charge customers to play darts, Up to £2.95 per half hour to use a fucking dartboard.....

Dosen't Suprise me tbh they will be in administration again before long my nearest one is chorlton now. Was superb years ago in Sunderland then the last year or so before it shut it went backwards no cleaning and the tables and boards never re clothed or changed.
Last time I set foot in one was in Wolverhampton for the Heineken Masters finals and they tried to rip off 16 players out of prize money until we all kicked off, They tried to shave £600 off the advertised prize fund

Jimmi

Post by Jimmi » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:46 pm

I’ve been to the one in Coventry but only to play Snooker.
That was about 12 years ago now.

The tables weren’t in bad nick.
Hate to see what they’re like now.

“I don’t want you lumbering me with some old bow-wow who don’t know the difference between a Liebfraumilk and a can of Tizer!“

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:51 pm

Jimmi wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:46 pm I’ve been to the one in Coventry but only to play Snooker.

The Worcester one went downhill fast, There were reports of rats seen while the club was open by customers, No heating for about 3 years and when it was cold they had industrial gas heaters inside the building, Constant excuses by managers over the state of tables and the Dart Zones with lighting and the general state of the equipment, There was a money league that had almost played to the end before the club closed....I wonder if anyone who payed their money into it and gave their custom to the venue were even offered their money back.

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:54 pm

daveboygreen wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:51 pm
Jimmi wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:46 pm I’ve been to the one in Coventry but only to play Snooker.

The Worcester one went downhill fast, There were reports of rats seen while the club was open by customers, No heating for about 3 years and when it was cold they had industrial gas heaters inside the building, Constant excuses by managers over the state of tables and the Dart Zones with lighting and the general state of the equipment, There was a money league that had almost played to the end before the club closed....I wonder if anyone who payed their money into it and gave their custom to the venue were even offered their money back.
Bit harsh of the customers to describe you in that way.
HalloweenJack wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:25 am I will debate with anybody on here without becoming indignant and self righteous. I certainly never get angry.

Safc

Post by Safc » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:58 pm

This sounds very similar to the sunderland one except the rats bit.

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:02 pm

Safc wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:58 pm

This sounds very similar to the sunderland one except the rats bit.
It was the one person that brought a lot of business into the venue that witnessed the first one, After that he refused to run comps, Advertise them or as much as set foot in there after it. He had people travelling from all over for comps that he ran until things went downhill.

Jimmi

Post by Jimmi » Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:04 pm

Rats?
Jesus wept.
Someone should have called health and safety.

I doubt anyone would have gotten their money back.
I remember the guy who was working when I went, he got funny with me and my mate because we turned up as soon as they opened and he still hadn’t unlocked the doors.

So I don’t think customer relations is high on the list of their priorities.

“I don’t want you lumbering me with some old bow-wow who don’t know the difference between a Liebfraumilk and a can of Tizer!“

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:25 pm

I've heard Jon Worsley likes to practise at Rileys every now and then

Safc

Post by Safc » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:50 am

The Thorn wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:25 pm I've heard Jon Worsley likes to practise at Rileys every now and then
:D :D

SuperSwede

Post by SuperSwede » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:07 am

The Thorn wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:25 pm I've heard Jon Worsley likes to practise at Rileys every now and then
Michael "Bully Boy" Smith REIGNING Shanghai Darts Master