World Seniors Darts Championship

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Randall
Site Admin

Re: World Senior Darts Championship (Entries List 1st Post)

Post by Randall » Sun May 16, 2021 3:57 pm

Safc wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:32 pm
Randall wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:29 pm I like bob, part and lim
TJ ?

Thorn ?

O'Shea ?
They dont do anything for me

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Sun May 16, 2021 4:16 pm

The Thorn wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:40 pm Wolfie, Lowe, Hankey, Fordham, OShea, Jenkins, Thrnton, Lim are cool
Sigh.
HalloweenJack wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:09 pm
Randall wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:05 pm Dulla has never faced anything like Taylor in top gear.
Maybe he could have dragged Taylor down, we will never know.

Safc

Post by Safc » Sun May 16, 2021 4:28 pm

Randall wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:57 pm
TJ ?

Thorn ?

O'Shea ?
They dont do anything for me
Fair enough

Tommo

Post by Tommo » Sun May 16, 2021 4:44 pm

Randall wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:57 pm
TJ ?

Thorn ?

O'Shea ?
I don't remember who they are.
Fixed.
They're all here!

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Sun May 16, 2021 4:50 pm

There is that

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Sun May 16, 2021 5:13 pm

sennafan24 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 4:16 pm
The Thorn wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:40 pm Wolfie, Lowe, Hankey, Fordham, OShea, Jenkins, Thrnton, Lim are cool
Sigh.
‘Captain Bazball’

ITG

Post by ITG » Sun May 16, 2021 7:49 pm

Can't remember where I read it, but seemingly they've opted for the Circus Tavern over Lakeside due to stalled negotiations.

Old senile Bob's ineptitude has been ignored the last few years coz Des was getting all the attention whilst he ran what was left of the BDO into the ground.

Safc

Post by Safc » Sun May 16, 2021 7:54 pm

TBH I think Lakeside would be better than The Tavern

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Sun May 16, 2021 7:59 pm

It has to be at The Home Of World Darts. Otherwise it's not official. Get it right Modus or whoever runs this.
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Sun May 16, 2021 8:00 pm

ITG wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 7:49 pm Can't remember where I read it, but seemingly they've opted for the Circus Tavern over Lakeside due to stalled negotiations.

Old senile Bob's ineptitude has been ignored the last few years coz Des was getting all the attention whilst he ran what was left of the BDO into the ground.
That's Fordham fucked

Mabbsy

Post by Mabbsy » Mon May 17, 2021 9:49 am

The Thorn wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 7:59 pm It has to be at The Home Of World Darts. Otherwise it's not official. Get it right Modus or whoever runs this.
Ally Pally then, no arguement.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Mon May 17, 2021 9:51 am

Don't see Fordham or David taking part. Wouldn't be surprised if one or two others don't show up either.

Think the people behind this are over reaching and trying to sell this as something more than it really is or could be. Cant see this as being a fully televised event unless they go to one of those lame sports channels in the 1,000s. Could see this as a 1 or 2 evening program on a larger network. But dont think any of the larger channels will want this for 2 or 3 full days.

Think it would work as a one off event nostalgia darts. But more than just a tournament make it about memorable moments and stories in darts interlaced with the matches. Something like that pro dart celebrity thing on Dutch TV in the sense that there is comedic banter going on giving a light hearted competition.

Of course you want a serious competition but you need something to entertain beyond that. The darts are going to be shit in many cases and who wants to see the greats of yester year shitting their geriatric pants?

Yes I know Oche going to cry why is that cunt expecting high standard? Actually I'm not low to mid 80s is watchable barely. But I'm not convinced that that can be achieved in this field. Many of these players have been absolute crap or havent played in a long time. ffs many have had serious physical ailments.

It wont be entertaining because Philth will walk this so they need to make it a show beyond the matches. They should bring in people like Stephen Fry a comedic element on comms or interviews but also likes the darts.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Mon May 17, 2021 9:56 am

ITG wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 7:49 pm Can't remember where I read it, but seemingly they've opted for the Circus Tavern over Lakeside due to stalled negotiations.

Announcement today on the venue, apparently.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Mon May 17, 2021 10:08 am

The Ginge Reaper wrote:

Tavern confirmed.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Safc

Post by Safc » Mon May 17, 2021 10:39 am

The Ginge Reaper wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:08 am
The Ginge Reaper wrote:

Tavern confirmed.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Mon May 17, 2021 3:14 pm

Good stuff

SuperSwede

Post by SuperSwede » Mon May 17, 2021 4:01 pm

cannibal wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:51 am Don't see Fordham or David taking part. Wouldn't be surprised if one or two others don't show up either.

Think the people behind this are over reaching and trying to sell this as something more than it really is or could be. Cant see this as being a fully televised event unless they go to one of those lame sports channels in the 1,000s. Could see this as a 1 or 2 evening program on a larger network. But dont think any of the larger channels will want this for 2 or 3 full days.

Think it would work as a one off event nostalgia darts. But more than just a tournament make it about memorable moments and stories in darts interlaced with the matches. Something like that pro dart celebrity thing on Dutch TV in the sense that there is comedic banter going on giving a light hearted competition.

Of course you want a serious competition but you need something to entertain beyond that. The darts are going to be shit in many cases and who wants to see the greats of yester year shitting their geriatric pants?

Yes I know Oche going to cry why is that cunt expecting high standard? Actually I'm not low to mid 80s is watchable barely. But I'm not convinced that that can be achieved in this field. Many of these players have been absolute crap or havent played in a long time. ffs many have had serious physical ailments.

It wont be entertaining because Philth will walk this so they need to make it a show beyond the matches. They should bring in people like Stephen Fry a comedic element on comms or interviews but also likes the darts.
I think you have to look at the first one as a kind of launch event and they are just incorporating as many as viably possible to gather traction but they're kind of feeling around in the dark.

I think after the first one it sounds like they intend on making a tour with an event once a month then i'd expect their World Championship to be steamlined to only 16 to keep the standard watchable.

Hard to know on the numbers but the guys in charge have had hits before so know what they're doing and they might have timed this well with the peak darts audience growing old with the players. Like 15 years ago i'd never have looked at a Champions Tour (golf seniors) event because to me it was just a load of old guys my Dad knew, now more and more are players i have gown up watching so i watch more and more accordingly.
Michael "Bully Boy" Smith REIGNING Shanghai Darts Master

SuperSwede

Post by SuperSwede » Mon May 17, 2021 4:21 pm

Safc wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:39 am
The Ginge Reaper wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:08 am
The Ginge Reaper wrote:

Tavern confirmed.
He definitely been given at least a 10% stake in this thing.
Michael "Bully Boy" Smith REIGNING Shanghai Darts Master

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Mon May 17, 2021 4:30 pm

Dunno about that but you can guarantee he will be charging his usual rate

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Mon May 17, 2021 8:00 pm

So they have decided to clash the opening day with the opening night of the PL.

What a masterstroke