Darts articles in the Media thread

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
TheMalteseDart

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by TheMalteseDart » Thu May 13, 2021 10:31 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:21 pm "Prize money to heavy"

For fucks sake!
Big fucking whoop!

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Thu May 13, 2021 10:35 pm

DeepFriedRat wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:12 pm
TheMalteseDart wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:56 pm

Decent vid from Edgar and brings back up the debate as to whether prize money for the worlds in terms of rankings is to heavy
Hilariously ironic as the PDPA Worlds Shitfest qualifier is the only reason Edgar's still on tour
True but he doesn't really give an opinion either way, I think he'll be needing another PDPA backdoor get out of jail card this year too by the looks of it

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Fri May 14, 2021 7:50 am

TheMalteseDart wrote:

For fucks sake!
Big fucking whoop!
Ffs it was more his use of the wrong word, didnt realise you had done it as well Image
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

dartsweekly

Post by dartsweekly » Fri May 14, 2021 8:45 am

𝙉𝙀𝙒 𝙋𝙊𝘿𝘾𝘼𝙎𝙏!

Episode 2️⃣0️⃣0️⃣

🗣️ Special guests
Barry Hearn
Wayne Mardle
Jeff Smith
Matthew Kiernan
Hanna Frostman

🎉 200th episode special
🎯 Premier League week 3 review
❓ Listener questions

Co-hosts Alex Moss and Burton DeWitt are back for the 200th episode special! First, PDC president Barry Hearn (12:03) calls in to discuss stepping down as PDC chairman, his 20 years in charge of the darts leader and what his plans are for his new advisory role with the organisation. Next, long-time contributor Matthew Kiernan (34:56) joins us to reflect on our run to 200 episodes, his World Masters re-draw memories and look into the current state of grassroots darts. Then, Sky Sports pundit and commentator Wayne Mardle (57:16) dials in to chat all things darts including the Premier League, his Bullseye appearance last weekend and his new book. Plus, Canada's number one Jeff Smith (1:26:51) joins us from his quarantine to look back on the last 12 months and the challenges of being an active PDC tour card holder living in Canada during a pandemic. Also, producer Hanna Frostman (1:36:40) stops by to pick out her favourite moments. Enjoy!

Listen 👇

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Fri May 14, 2021 8:49 am

The Ginge Reaper wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:50 am
TheMalteseDart wrote:

For fucks sake!
Big fucking whoop!
Ffs it was more his use of the wrong word, didnt realise you had done it as well Image
I realised after I posted that I also spelt it wrong so I had to defend the both of us, I blame reading his title for making me use the wrong “Too” though :D

Ross, Bob

Post by Ross, Bob » Fri May 14, 2021 2:33 pm

dartsweekly wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:45 am 𝙉𝙀𝙒 𝙋𝙊𝘿𝘾𝘼𝙎𝙏!

Episode 2️⃣0️⃣0️⃣

🗣️ Special guests
Barry Hearn
Wayne Mardle
Jeff Smith
Matthew Kiernan
Hanna Frostman

🎉 200th episode special
❓ Listener questions

Co-hosts Alex Moss and Burton DeWitt are back for the 200th episode special! First, PDC president Barry Hearn (12:03) calls in to discuss stepping down as PDC chairman, his 20 years in charge of the darts leader and what his plans are for his new advisory role with the organisation. Next, long-time contributor Matthew Kiernan (34:56) joins us to reflect on our run to 200 episodes, his World Masters re-draw memories and look into the current state of grassroots darts. Then, Sky Sports pundit and commentator Wayne Mardle (57:16) dials in to chat all things darts including the Premier League, his Bullseye appearance last weekend and his new book. Plus, Canada's number one Jeff Smith (1:26:51) joins us from his quarantine to look back on the last 12 months and the challenges of being an active PDC tour card holder living in Canada during a pandemic. Also, producer Hanna Frostman (1:36:40) stops by to pick out her favourite moments. Enjoy!

Listen 👇
Fuck off!

SuperSwede

Post by SuperSwede » Fri May 14, 2021 2:48 pm

Episode 2️⃣0️⃣0️⃣

🗣️ Special guests
Barry Hearn
Wayne Mardle
Jeff Smith
Matthew Kiernan
Hanna Frostman

🎉 200th episode special
❓ Listener questions

Listen 👇
Don't fuck off, looks a good lineup.
Michael "Bully Boy" Smith REIGNING Shanghai Darts Master

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Fri May 14, 2021 3:14 pm

No surprise smith is moaning

Ross, Bob

Post by Ross, Bob » Fri May 14, 2021 3:58 pm

Randall wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:14 pm No surprise smith is moaning
I prefer heavy breathing to moaning. Might just be covid.

Ross, Bob

Post by Ross, Bob » Fri May 14, 2021 3:59 pm

SuperSwede wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:48 pm

Episode 2️⃣0️⃣0️⃣

🗣️ Special guests
Barry Hearn
Wayne Mardle
Jeff Smith
Matthew Kiernan
Hanna Frostman

🎉 200th episode special
❓ Listener questions

Listen 👇
Yes, please fuck off.
Great minds etc.

+1

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Fri May 14, 2021 3:59 pm

"Why haven't I lost my sense of taste"

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Wed May 19, 2021 8:24 am

Wadey, who wants/doesn't want/wants/doesn't want/wants/doesn't want/wants to be in the Premier League (did I miss a phase?), is excited about the fans returning: "It's the fuel for a fire that needs to burn"

Come back next week when he preferred it without them... a good interview though, a balanced summary of the times.

https://www.skysports.com/darts/news/12 ... the-crowds
not a girl

SuperSwede

Post by SuperSwede » Wed May 19, 2021 4:21 pm

Rogg wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:24 am Wadey, who wants/doesn't want/wants/doesn't want/wants/doesn't want/wants to be in the Premier League (did I miss a phase?), is excited about the fans returning: "It's the fuel for a fire that needs to burn"

Come back next week when he preferred it without them... a good interview though, a balanced summary of the times.

https://www.skysports.com/darts/news/12 ... the-crowds
He's definitely better balanced and dare I say it becoming slightly more likeable or maybe less unlikeable is closer to the mark.
Michael "Bully Boy" Smith REIGNING Shanghai Darts Master

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Wed May 19, 2021 4:58 pm

Balanced and James Wade in the same sentence is something I never thought I’d see

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Wed May 19, 2021 5:07 pm

TheMalteseDart wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:58 pm Balanced and James Wade in the same sentence is something I never thought I’d see
:lol:

Jimmi

Post by Jimmi » Wed May 19, 2021 5:18 pm

TheMalteseDart wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:58 pm Balanced and James Wade in the same sentence is something I never thought I’d see
:lol:
Fuck off Stuart Pyke and John Rawling!

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Thu May 20, 2021 2:04 am

Best post ever by the maltese darter. Well done mate.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

dartsweekly

Post by dartsweekly » Thu May 20, 2021 7:19 am

𝙉𝙀𝙒 𝙋𝙊𝘿𝘾𝘼𝙎𝙏!

Episode 2️⃣0️⃣1️⃣

🗣️ Special guests
James Wade
Nathan Aspinall
Kristian Joensen

🎯 Premier League final week preview
🍺 How important is pub darts in 2021?
❓ Listener questions

Co-hosts Alex Moss and Burton DeWitt are back with a new episode ahead of the final week of the Premier League! First, 10-time PDC televised title winner James Wade (10:00) stops by while on the #SupportYourLocal campaign to talk about the importance of pub darts, rediscovering his passion for darts, winning the UK Open again, and his Premier League campaign so far. Next, former major winner Nathan Aspinall (31:47) calls in to reflect on his last six months, the equipment changes earlier this year, and how he's found form again during the Premier League. Then, the vice president of the Faroese Darts Federation, Kristian Joensen (58:21), joins us to talk all things darts in the Faroe Islands, missing out on hosting their first WDF-ranked events due to the pandemic, and their plans to host them later this year. Enjoy!

Listen 👇

Safc

Post by Safc » Thu May 20, 2021 9:56 am

Cant wait for the Kristian Joensen interview been waiting for years for it the excitement in me is unreal.

dartsweekly

Post by dartsweekly » Thu May 20, 2021 10:13 am

Safc wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 9:56 am Cant wait for the Kristian Joensen interview been waiting for years for it the excitement is me is unreal.
Enjoy!