Current OoM

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
DeepFriedRat

Re: Current OoM

Post by DeepFriedRat » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:47 pm

The Thorn wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:23 pm
SuperSwede wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:20 pm There's this player.....

- ranked in the early to mid 20's
- younger than 14 of the top 16
- been on tour for about 5 years
- no big cashes on his 2 year OOM

So you'd say a lot of scope for potentially making big jumps seeing as can largely attack for 2 years without defending much at all. Only question being why no big cashes to defend as things stand? Is he a perma jobber type? Lacks bottle? Can't beat the top guys? Just lacks gears maybe?

The player is Rob Cross with his Euro Finals winners cheque pre-emptively (completely) removed.

It seems to me like having already accomplished what he has in making 6 major finals, winning 3 of them including a World Championships, often sees him viewed worse than if he had never achieved anything at all.
I have no idea what this means
I think what Swede means, say if we compare Cross to Cullen.

Similar ages, similar ranking but Cross has won loads on tv. Yet, if you asked most of us who is better right now, you'd probably say Cullen.

Cullen hasn't won anything and is bit of a tv jobber BUT has the potential to win (and does do on the floor compared to Cross).

However, Cross (and probably Fatpot too) have won but are on the slide. We view them worse compared to their previous selves, while we don't compare Cullen badly, as he has no real previous expectations based on major wins.

Barney's chief slave. Also severely addicted to The Ferret.

An ultimate jamboree of Lord Hobo-loving, Sexy Joyce worshipping, Smudger smearing, Goldfingering, Beautiful Biscuit bonanza.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:53 pm

DeepFriedRat wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:47 pm

So you'd say a lot of scope for potentially making big jumps seeing as can largely attack for 2 years without defending much at all. Only question being why no big cashes to defend as things stand? Is he a perma jobber type? Lacks bottle? Can't beat the top guys? Just lacks gears maybe?

The player is Rob Cross with his Euro Finals winners cheque pre-emptively (completely) removed.

It seems to me like having already accomplished what he has in making 6 major finals, winning 3 of them including a World Championships, often sees him viewed worse than if he had never achieved anything at all.

Similar ages, similar ranking but Cross has won loads on tv. Yet, if you asked most of us who is better right now, you'd probably say Cullen.

Cullen hasn't won anything and is bit of a tv jobber BUT has the potential to win (and does do on the floor compared to Cross).

However, Cross (and probably Fatpot too) have won but are on the slide. We view them worse compared to their previous selves, while we don't compare Cullen badly, as he has no real previous expectations based on major wins.
I know all that. Just not sure why the need to type it out
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

Emulsfier

Post by Emulsfier » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:21 pm

The Thorn wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:53 pm

Everyone contributes to the post count in their own way. You should know that better than anyone.
Boring Brendas number one and (almost) only fan.

Smithys number one and (definitely not) only hater.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:27 pm

Emulsfier wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:21 pm
The Thorn wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:53 pm

Everyone contributes to the post count in their own way. You should know that better than anyone.
+1

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:28 pm

I just don't think typing Crime and Punishment out is the most effective way of contributing, that's all

SuperSwede

Post by SuperSwede » Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:05 pm

Kind of. I was prompted to go and look at his ranking by a couple of posts here in the last page or so. Gentle mentioned his slide beginning which I guess is technically accurate although drop is the word i'd use seeing as it's the result of two large winners cheques one that has dropped already with the other to come. Someone like Durrant looks like he'll be more of a slider with a slew of quarter and semi final cashes to drop off.

Then Miguel mentioning the possibility of him soon being outside the 32 which I just can't see personally. I think even if he cashes £0 at the Euro Champs then where he'll drop to in the mid 20's is the absolute floor for Cross. As someone who has proven multiple times he can beat anybody in the biggest of games and win anything he only has upside from the 20's with nothing of note to defend in my opinion. Yet he's viewed very negatively as opposed to say Ratajski who when he was in a similar position in the rankings and had very little big cashes people were (rightly) envisioning how high he could go IF he could get a tv game, a doubt that has already been disproven with/by Cross.
Michael "Bully Boy" Smith REIGNING Shanghai Darts Master

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:49 pm

Wright increases gap with Van Gerwen on world rankings, White drops out of top 16

https://dartsnews.com/pdc/wright-increa ... -of-top-16

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:56 pm

tungsten tossers wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:49 pm Wright increases gap with Van Gerwen on world rankings, White drops out of top 16

https://dartsnews.com/pdc/wright-increa ... -of-top-16
Very nice.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:27 pm

Adios ian

Safc

Post by Safc » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:30 pm

Randall wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:27 pmAdios ian
Bet your gutted

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:31 pm

Safc wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:30 pm
Bet your gutted
Not exactly

Safc

Post by Safc » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:32 pm

Randall wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:31 pm
Bet your gutted
Not exactly
Duzza will be next

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:17 pm

Safc wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:32 pm
Randall wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:31 pm
Bet your gutted
Not exactly
Duzza will be next
Only a matter of time

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:53 pm

Wright set to take World Number One spot from Price in provisional race to PDC World Darts Championship

https://dartsnews.com/pdc/wright-set-to ... ampionship

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:07 pm

cannibal wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:11 pm Think possibility for Lewis to get back up the table is good, long way to go. I think Fatpot reemergence is more likely than that of Wade. ...
Got this one wrong. There is a possibility Lewis may not be a seed. Fatpot just cant win not even sure he gives half a rats ass.

Wade meanwhile seems to have found a happy medium in his head.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:11 pm

cannibal wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:07 pm
cannibal wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:11 pm Think possibility for Lewis to get back up the table is good, long way to go. I think Fatpot reemergence is more likely than that of Wade. ...
Got this one wrong. There is a possibility Lewis may not be a seed. Fatpot just cant win not even sure he gives half a rats ass.

Wade meanwhile seems to have found a happy medium in his head.
Arthur gave him advice

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:00 pm

Rob was at 24th on the post Ally Pally OOM before the Euro's...

He is 9th now

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:27 pm

tungsten tossers wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:00 pm Rob was at 24th on the post Ally Pally OOM before the Euro's...

He is 9th now
Great effort

BeppeBergomi

Post by BeppeBergomi » Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:58 am

If the unthinkable happens and Gary beats Wade in the final, Van Gerwen will be dropped down to 5th in the Order of Merit...

#JustSaying Image

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:15 am

That would be amusing