Tis the time for a new season

How's your arrers going?
Jimmi

Re: Tis the time for a new season

Post by Jimmi » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:55 pm

daveboygreen wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:43 pm
Jimmi wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:48 pm
daveboygreen wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:02 pm
Mabbsy wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:15 am That didn't exactly go to plan last night, a 13-8 defeat.

Only played in the pairs and did not play well at all, hey ho but no chance to redeem myself in the singles which was annoying.
Chalked more legs than I played, won't be volunteering to do that again.

Spread was half decent, a selection of rolls with pork pies, chicken skewers and crisps.

Onwards and Upwards...……….
I used to play for a team in Oxford called The Exeter Hall, Every team in the league turned up with more players than needed just for the spread we put on, Couple that lived next to the pub used to do us a big pot of chilli or curry and we had burgers, hotdogs, sandwiches, chicken and various other tasty bits, Both pool tables would be covered and food for each team put on both which covered the size of the table tops....Never needed dinner before going to a home game lol
Used to happen when I played but these were cunts that didn’t play in the team. They were just mates of other players of the team.

Always some cunt in a Leicester City shirt, he’d only been wearing out in public since 2016
It was always a case of once the darts teams had all got a plate of food they would let anyone else in the pub help themselves, Many times I left there at 4-5am and there was still food left.

Another pub I played for and practiced in regular would let you go in the kitchen and make yourself a sandwich if you were a regular customer, It was a great idea as the owner didn't do food to sell and it was a way of him keeping all the builders etc in the pub drinking all day/night.

Put it this way....If you played darts in Cowley in Oxford you never went hungry lol
I always liked going to the places that had a proper restaurant as well.
Much better food.
“I don’t want you lumbering me with some old bow-wow who don’t know the difference between a Liebfraumilk and a can of Tizer!“

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:57 pm

Jimmi wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:55 pm
Mabbsy wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:15 am That didn't exactly go to plan last night, a 13-8 defeat.

Only played in the pairs and did not play well at all, hey ho but no chance to redeem myself in the singles which was annoying.
Chalked more legs than I played, won't be volunteering to do that again.

Spread was half decent, a selection of rolls with pork pies, chicken skewers and crisps.

Onwards and Upwards...……….
I used to play for a team in Oxford called The Exeter Hall, Every team in the league turned up with more players than needed just for the spread we put on, Couple that lived next to the pub used to do us a big pot of chilli or curry and we had burgers, hotdogs, sandwiches, chicken and various other tasty bits, Both pool tables would be covered and food for each team put on both which covered the size of the table tops....Never needed dinner before going to a home game lol
Used to happen when I played but these were cunts that didn’t play in the team. They were just mates of other players of the team.

Always some cunt in a Leicester City shirt, he’d only been wearing out in public since 2016
It was always a case of once the darts teams had all got a plate of food they would let anyone else in the pub help themselves, Many times I left there at 4-5am and there was still food left.

Another pub I played for and practiced in regular would let you go in the kitchen and make yourself a sandwich if you were a regular customer, It was a great idea as the owner didn't do food to sell and it was a way of him keeping all the builders etc in the pub drinking all day/night.

Put it this way....If you played darts in Cowley in Oxford you never went hungry lol
Much better food.
No wonder you were fat!
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:08 pm

The Thorn wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:57 pm

Much better food.
No wonder you were fat!
Thorn is so fat he would make a good burglar....His arse rubs out this footprints!!

Mabbsy

Post by Mabbsy » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:11 pm

Randall wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:59 pm The facilities?
Urinals only, no need for a sit down :o

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:16 pm

Mabbsy wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:11 pm

Jimmi

Post by Jimmi » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:57 pm

Much better food.
No wonder you were fat!
:lol:
True.

Only reason I stopped playing was because I couldn’t sleep after getting in and nearly fell asleep driving back from work the next day.
“I don’t want you lumbering me with some old bow-wow who don’t know the difference between a Liebfraumilk and a can of Tizer!“

Jimmi

Post by Jimmi » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:58 pm

The Thorn wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:16 pm
:lol: :lol:

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:13 pm

Jimmi wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:57 pm

Much better food.
No wonder you were fat!

:lol:
True.

Only reason I stopped playing was because I couldn’t sleep after getting in and nearly fell asleep driving back from work the next day.
Years ago I played 4 days a week then whatever comps I could get to on the weekend and lived on 2 hours sleep a night in the week, I soon realized league darts was a waste of time and money and just not worth it but had a lot of fun and plenty of memories especially with some of the nutters ive played in teams with in the past.

Now I won't entertain any league darts unless it is a money league or something similar, Far better putting your money and effort into playing for something you can gain from personally, A lot will argue that playing in local leagues is good practice but its nowhere near as good a practice as playing in a comp for example where you know if you lose then your going home and also more likely to be playing a much better standard of player.

Mabbsy

Post by Mabbsy » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:28 am

The Thorn wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:16 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Fair play Thorn , but not guilty hahahahaha

Mabbsy

Post by Mabbsy » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:46 am

A much better performance last night despite losing my singles 2-1
Won the 4 a-side 3-0 and pairs 2-1, overall team score 12-9

Spread was horrific, some kind of hot dog sausages, toasted rolls and cold chips, they shouldn't have bothered.

Jimmi

Post by Jimmi » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:15 am

Mabbsy wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:46 am Spread was horrific, some kind of hot dog sausages, toasted rolls and cold chips, they shouldn't have bothered.
They saw what you did last time with Thorn’s photographic evidence.

Mabbsy

Post by Mabbsy » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:48 pm

Lost 14 -7 this week and I got spanked 3-0 in the singles, played ok but opponent was very good so fair enough.
Somehow managed to win our pairs 2-1 and I hit a 137 checkout so happy with that.

Spread was a poor effort, sausage rolls and not much else.

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:24 am

Mabbsy wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:48 pm Lost 14 -7 this week and I got spanked 3-0 in the singles, played ok but opponent was very good so fair enough.
Somehow managed to win our pairs 2-1 and I hit a 137 checkout so happy with that.

Shitty league darts....Its all about the spread!!

Mabbsy

Post by Mabbsy » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:34 pm

daveboygreen wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:24 am
Mabbsy wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:48 pm Lost 14 -7 this week and I got spanked 3-0 in the singles, played ok but opponent was very good so fair enough.

Shitty league darts....Its all about the spread!!
Dave having a dig at team darts there because he's not in a team :D

Mabbsy

Post by Mabbsy » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:24 am

An 11-10 defeat last night and down to yours truly who missed two darts at the double to win the last leg !!!
We are very inconsistent, nobody is playing very well.

The spread was unusual last night, roast potatoes , yorkshire puddings and watery gravy, very strange !!!!

Jimmi

Post by Jimmi » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:00 am

Mabbsy wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:24 am An 11-10 defeat last night and down to yours truly who missed two darts at the double to win the last leg !!!

The spread was unusual last night, roast potatoes , yorkshire puddings and watery gravy, very strange !!!!
Was the gravy the only thing that was watery? 🤔🤔

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:19 am

Jimmi wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:00 am
Mabbsy wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:24 am An 11-10 defeat last night and down to yours truly who missed two darts at the double to win the last leg !!!

I wondered about the same thing :D

Mabbsy

Post by Mabbsy » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:53 am

The Thorn wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:19 am

One track minds you lot :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jimmi

Post by Jimmi » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:14 pm

Mabbsy wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:53 am
The Thorn wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:19 am

One track minds you lot :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
We just know what you’re like. :D

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:03 am

Mabbsy wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:24 am An 11-10 defeat last night and down to yours truly who is a bottle job and missed two darts at the double to win the last leg !!!
We are very shit, nobody is playing very well especially me.

The spread was unusual last night, roast potatoes , yorkshire puddings and watery gravy, very strange, But it is all I turn up for being a fat useless cunt !!!!
Indeed!!