The Thorn's Tedious Tirades. Latest: Stanning over a Dimitri tribute act and Dave Owen

General day to day stuff
Randall
Site Admin

Re: The Thorn's Tedious Tirades

Post by Randall » Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:39 pm

A work life balance is very important
I spent so many years with my nose pressed to the grindstone I didn't even notice my missus didn't like me anymore

Captain Hobo

Post by Captain Hobo » Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:42 pm

The Thorn wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:36 pm I will not post any more in the number thread. It's a start.
And a good one. I shall follow.
"The United States will be the first nation to land an astronaut on Nars"

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:22 pm

The Thorn wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:11 pm
The Ginge Reaper wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:08 pm How many hours a week are you contracted at work?
20 but I always do more

Problem is I love this workplace and the people I am desperate to stay here. I can't just fuck it off

Also I need the money because another problem is I want to move out from parents
I’m sure your parents ( who you once claimed you hadn’t seen for years) will be gutted when you leave mate.
‘For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and everyone who humbles himself will be exalted’

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:28 pm

The Thorn wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:57 pm Fucking hell. I have to sort my life out. Done no uni work in months. And I'm a fat bastard.

Any tips how to figure it all out and on how not to be a lazy cunt
Buy some weights and do some exercises at home. I do a 15 minute daily workout and it keeps me in shape.

I also run 2 miles daily, but that's more because I enjoy it more than anything.
HalloweenJack wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:25 am I will debate with anybody on here without becoming indignant and self righteous. I certainly never get angry.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:31 pm

sennafan24 wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:28 pm
The Thorn wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:57 pm Fucking hell. I have to sort my life out. Done no uni work in months. And I'm a fat bastard.

Buy some weights and do some exercises at home. I do a 15 minute daily workout and it keeps me in shape.

I also run 2 miles daily, but that's more because I enjoy it more than anything.
Thanks mate
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:39 pm

Suspect Device wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:13 am
HalloweenJack wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:33 pm
The Thorn wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:14 pm
Wolflanternbumbag wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:13 pm
The Thorn wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:12 pm

They all like me
You seem a likeable guy..
In real life I am more likeable than on the forum
Well being as you are a compulsive liar on the forum, how do we know that to be true?
Can't possibly top that 😂 😂 😂
Definitely a game set and match moment.
‘For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and everyone who humbles himself will be exalted’

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:32 am

sennafan24 wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:28 pm

In lockdown I had to start working from home and all I wanted to do was run. I got fit by my standards and was running like 3 5ks a week, now I’m back to being a lazy bastard. Do you run in the mornings before work or after? How do you make it enjoyable?

Running is gruelling, but feels so rewarding, would take any advice to keep a routine

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:24 am

TheMalteseDart wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:32 am In lockdown I had to start working from home and all I wanted to do was run. I got fit by my standards and was running like 3 5ks a week, now I’m back to being a lazy bastard. Do you run in the mornings before work or after? How do you make it enjoyable?

Running is gruelling, but feels so rewarding, would take any advice to keep a routine
I usually do it in the early evenings or very early in the mornings. I'll have a few months where I'll run at say 5am, then change it to 8pm for a while. Not only are these the times of day where I have the most free time, but my body is more sensitive to heat then it is to coldness. Hence why I struggle with summer temperatures but not winter temperatures. It's whatever works best for you really.

I make the running more enjoyable by listening to music while I do it. I guess you could also listen to a podcast or something similar. I only take my earphones out briefly when pushing a pedestrian button which forms part of my route.

I also have a set route. I circle the perimeter of the area I live, which is around 2.2 - 2.3 miles. To mix things up in the past I've circled said perimeter clockwise and anti-clockwise. I've also occasionally extended the circle so it became a 3 mile run. I personally don't mind the monotony of a set route so much, but I understand why others do and have to mix things up more often and in more creative ways.
HalloweenJack wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:25 am I will debate with anybody on here without becoming indignant and self righteous. I certainly never get angry.

Suspect Device

Post by Suspect Device » Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:21 am

sennafan24 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:24 am
TheMalteseDart wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:32 am In lockdown I had to start working from home and all I wanted to do was run. I got fit by my standards and was running like 3 5ks a week, now I’m back to being a lazy bastard. Do you run in the mornings before work or after? How do you make it enjoyable?

I usually do it in the early evenings or very early in the mornings. I'll have a few months where I'll run at say 5am, then change it to 8pm for a while. Not only are these the times of day where I have the most free time, but my body is more sensitive to heat then it is to coldness. Hence why I struggle with summer temperatures but not winter temperatures. It's whatever works best for you really.

I make the running more enjoyable by listening to music while I do it. I guess you could also listen to a podcast or something similar. I only take my earphones out briefly when pushing a pedestrian button which forms part of my route.

I also have a set route. I circle the perimeter of the area I live, which is around 2.2 - 2.3 miles. To mix things up in the past I've circled said perimeter clockwise and anti-clockwise. I've also occasionally extended the circle so it became a 3 mile run. I personally don't mind the monotony of a set route so much, but I understand why others do and have to mix things up more often and in more creative ways.
You could join a gym - some open 24/7 - or go to a shop and steal some chocolate and get the owner to chase you, that would be different. I prefer swimming, sauna, Jacuzzi, shower, all indoors no matter the weather. Not forgetting the lovely ladies always up for a chat. Any form of exercise is good for the body and mind. Watch out for those speeding cyclists.
Friday 19th May 2023 - Finally free of the bull shitting no mark of a dart player. :roll:

Suspect team: CT1 Filip Sebesta - Greg Ritchie - Jeroen Mioch - CT2 Sean Fisher - Charlie Martin - CT3 Owen Bates - CT4 Thibault Tricole

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:42 pm

Suspect Device wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:21 am

You could join a gym - some open 24/7 - or go to a shop and steal some chocolate and get the owner to chase you, that would be different. I prefer swimming, sauna, Jacuzzi, shower, all indoors no matter the weather. Not forgetting the lovely ladies always up for a chat. Any form of exercise is good for the body and mind. Watch out for those speeding cyclists.
I prefer running on a treadmill to actually running outdoors. I also prefer to swim then look forward to the steam room afterwards.
True story a gym where I was one a member banned someone for being caught having a wank in the steam room.

Suspect Device

Post by Suspect Device » Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:17 pm

HalloweenJack wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:42 pm
Suspect Device wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:21 am

I prefer running on a treadmill to actually running outdoors. I also prefer to swim then look forward to the steam room afterwards.
True story a gym where I was one a member banned someone for being caught having a wank in the steam room.
Did She use a toy or her fingers? There's the difference. If it was a woman I'm sure the outcome would've been very different.

Thorn's tirades thread and he's nowhere to be seen!
Friday 19th May 2023 - Finally free of the bull shitting no mark of a dart player. :roll:

Suspect team: CT1 Filip Sebesta - Greg Ritchie - Jeroen Mioch - CT2 Sean Fisher - Charlie Martin - CT3 Owen Bates - CT4 Thibault Tricole

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:24 am

Do you suffer from heat hypersensitivity?

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:47 am

Just home from the World Blindfold Wanking Championship.

No idea where I came.

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:19 pm

The Thorn wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:47 am Just home from the World Blindfold Wanking Championship.

No idea where I came.
In someone’s mouth ?

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:01 pm

I had a dream that I was on a date with Mikuru Suzuki. Malt was dating her earlier so I felt a bit guilty, but a man has to take his chances

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:05 am

Goodnight

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:40 pm

The Thorn wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:01 pm I had a dream that I was on a date with Mikuru Suzuki. Malt was dating her earlier so I felt a bit guilty, but a man has to take his chances
Maybe you could be in a throuple relationship?

Ross, Bob

Post by Ross, Bob » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:25 pm

The Thorn wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:04 pm How do you balance everything

- Work
- Studying
- Social life
- Exercising
- Alone time
- Sleep

Not even thinking about getting into a relationship because I already have far too much on my table, and I’m a fat ugly cunt.

I'm afraid I have already fucked myself up badly
Indeed.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:27 pm

Ross, Bob wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:25 pm
The Thorn wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:04 pm How do you balance everything

- Work
- Studying
- Social life
- Exercising
- Alone time
- Sleep

Not even thinking about getting into a relationship because I already have far too much on my table, and I’m a fat ugly cunt.

I'm afraid I have already fucked myself up badly
Indeed.
I'm a bit happier than where I was writing that post. Still loads of things to sort out of course. Thanks for your support Bob

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:17 pm

The Thorn wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:01 pm I had a dream that I was on a date with Mikuru Suzuki. Malt was dating her earlier so I felt a bit guilty, but a man has to take his chances
You can date her. I'll take Sakaguchi