ADC Darts (formerly MAD)

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Suspect Device

Re: ADC Darts (formerly MAD)

Post by Suspect Device » Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:20 pm

daveboygreen wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:37 pm
The Ginge Reaper wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:35 pm Suppose it's 24 people in the venue drinking on a weeknight.
Plus I would imagine some would have a driver/partner with them.
I drink pints of water with ice. They get fuck all from me. Some big darts drinkers there and when the trophy hunting wankers / football fans of Coventry attend in droves to watch their top sides teams playing in Europe the bar makes a killing.
Friday 19th May 2023 - Finally free of the bull shitting no mark of a dart player. :roll:

Suspect team: CT1 Filip Sebesta - Greg Ritchie - Jeroen Mioch - CT2 Sean Fisher - Charlie Martin - CT3 Owen Bates - CT4 Thibault Tricole

Suspect Device

Post by Suspect Device » Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:33 pm

clarkyfromcov wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:39 pm
Suspect Device wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:34 am 7 now entered Stafford, including Matt as he chases down Wayne in 3rd place, still 3 points behind (make it 4) as a worse leg difference and lower running average.

11 entries so far for Rugby.
Only 7 players attended Stafford last Sunday Rob but who on earth would stage a comp on Mothers day - I was under the impression that you had to have a minimum of 8 players for the event to go ahead, Round Robins are normally played to eliminate players prior to the knockout stages but last Sunday all 7 players who entered the round robin qualified for the quarter finals so it seems that the only point of the round robin was to determine the person who finished top who got a bye into the SF - I bet the gaffer at the venue was not happy putting in £50 for only 7 players to turn up
10 now for Stafford with Daniel Lee joining the party. Sam may follow on the list soon but first has county match v Lancs tomorrow. I'm guestimating 16 players minimum turning up making it a viable event to attend. 4 groups of 4 with top 2 from each progressing.
Friday 19th May 2023 - Finally free of the bull shitting no mark of a dart player. :roll:

Suspect team: CT1 Filip Sebesta - Greg Ritchie - Jeroen Mioch - CT2 Sean Fisher - Charlie Martin - CT3 Owen Bates - CT4 Thibault Tricole

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:22 pm

Bad day at the office for Odd Job today, Failed to make it out of his group at Stafford and sitting rock bottom in his group at Rugby losing all 4 of his matches played 2-0.

clarkyfromcov

Post by clarkyfromcov » Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:56 pm

daveboygreen wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:22 pm Bad day at the office for Odd Job today, Failed to make it out of his group at Stafford and sitting rock bottom in his group at Rugby losing all 4 of his matches played 2-0.
By turning up to both events today Rob guaranteed himself the 12th and final qualifying place for finals night - not to sure what happened at Stafford earlier in the day as they played in 3 groups which creates problems when trying to decide the quarter finalists

oche balboa

Post by oche balboa » Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:05 pm

Bottled Jobs

DBG 1
Suspect Device 0
The Thorn wrote: ↑Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:39 pm
Rather top myself than watch 1 minute of this shite

Thorn about Modus Super Series in 2021 - He now is an avid fan

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:11 pm

clarkyfromcov wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:56 pm
daveboygreen wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:22 pm Bad day at the office for Odd Job today, Failed to make it out of his group at Stafford and sitting rock bottom in his group at Rugby losing all 4 of his matches played 2-0.
By turning up to both events today Rob guaranteed himself the 12th and final qualifying place for finals night - not to sure what happened at Stafford earlier in the day as they played in 3 groups which creates problems when trying to decide the quarter finalists
Strange indeed going with 3 groups but I imagine a lot of the players that were also registered at Rugby didn't like the idea of 2 groups and 4 players from each in the 1/4's and wanted to get out of there sharpish to get to Rugby.

Suspect Device

Post by Suspect Device » Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:02 am

daveboygreen wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:11 pm
clarkyfromcov wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:56 pm
Strange indeed going with 3 groups but I imagine a lot of the players that were also registered at Rugby didn't like the idea of 2 groups and 4 players from each in the 1/4's and wanted to get out of there sharpish to get to Rugby.
It was agreed (with Rugby in mind) instead of 1 group of 7 and 1 group of 6 it would be 2 groups of 4 and 1 group of 5. Top 3 from group 5, top 2 from groups of 4, the remaining place for best 3rd place in groups of 4.

I was clueless to that scenario and more focused on finishing in top 2 of 4 man group. Won 1st match 2-0, stayed on and played again and the heat trap closed room conditions got the better of me as my back became soaked. Forehead and rest of body totally dry. My 3rd match was win and qualify through group or go to Rugby. I lost 2-0 again so Rugby it was, and a change of shirt!

5 of us did the double header, myself, Stav, Louis, and Sam & Daniel chasing top spot.

At Stafford, Dan beat Sam in 1/4:final and won the event to close the gap at the top to 1 point.

At Rugby my run continued with 4 straight 2-0 losses and in my last match I had a 16 darter to finally get a leg on the board. Next 2 legs I returned to type losing 2-1. My failure was enough to take 12th spot in the table and qualify for the grand finals in October - rules are rules. I've 6 months to prep and put 15+ points minimum on my average.

Sam lost in 1/4 final and Daniel won his 1/4 which meant Daniel topped the league.

Overall it was great to be playing darts again and as with darts the majority of players were great to be around week on week.

Next Saturday is a level up comp for wankers like me, and the other players who averaged less than 70 during Series 1 (must have played a minimum of 4 events).

Sunday is the big one with the Top 32 in the table seeded accordingly. Straight knockout, Best of 7 legs throughout with the winner receiving a place at Modus Super Series.

Someone is 20 winning legs from playing on the telly box. I've been told it's a cold venue so I'll be wanting a bit of that! 20 winning legs, cant be that difficult? Cheers! :twisted:

oche balboa

Post by oche balboa » Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:00 am

Good luck

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:06 pm

Singleton has made it

oche balboa

Post by oche balboa » Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:20 pm

The Vault Sunday Winners

Midlands (Rugby) - Carl Green (74.77)
North East (Washington) -Jock Lyons (78.88)
Wales (Blackwood) - Stephen Cake (81.62)
Yorkshire & Humber (Bridlington) - Tom Lishman (75.38)
Wales (Bridgend) - Fabian Tapner (72.46)
Scotland (Montrose) - Scott Winder (71.31)
East of England (Bedford) - Michael Burgoine (75.12)
Scotland (Bo'ness) - Gary Stone (89.54)
North West (Wigton) - Colin Hargreave (75.82)
Midlands (Stafford) - Daniel Lee (82.33)

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:21 pm

It appears Gary Stone appears to enjoy travelling Europe playing in events where he’s the best player by far. Didn’t even try q school

oche balboa

Post by oche balboa » Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:23 pm

Happy with his lot. Good on the man

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:31 pm

oche balboa wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:23 pm Happy with his lot. Good on the man
No ambition. Ability is there

Deadshot

Post by Deadshot » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:41 pm

TheMalteseDart wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:31 pm
oche balboa wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:23 pm Happy with his lot. Good on the man
No ambition. Ability is there
Clueless statement. Plenty of people enjoyed darts as a hobby, gone pro and fucking loathed it. Plenty of people that make more cash in their days jobs than they would in darts.

Deadshot

Post by Deadshot » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:43 pm

On another note, nice to read more write-ups on here. I haven't played darts in donkeys and was shite anyway but playing was a lot of fun and great socially.

Suspect Device

Post by Suspect Device » Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:27 am

He's been there and done it..

Gary Stone moved from bdo/wdf to pdc. In doing so gave up playing for his country. His fellow Countryman and captain of Scotland the boss, Ross said it wasn't greener on the other side (pdc) and that Stone thought he was better than he was. Something along those bitter lines anyway.

Ross now has a pdc tour card and Stone returned to wdf where he is fucking good in Modus super series. The strange world of the darts merry-go-round.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:28 am

Suspect Device wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:27 am He's been there and done it..

Gary Stone moved from bdo/wdf to pdc. In doing so gave up playing for his country. His fellow Countryman and captain of Scotland the boss, Ross said it wasn't greener on the other side (pdc) and that Stone thought he was better than he was. Something along those bitter lines anyway.

Ross now has a pdc tour card and Stone returned to wdf where he is fucking good in Modus super series. The strange world of the darts merry-go-round.
At the end of the day they are 2 very good players and they will have some success whichever organisation they decide to play for.
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

Deadshot

Post by Deadshot » Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:59 am

Not like warty to be a bitter, deluded turncoat is it

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:27 pm

Deadshot wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:59 am

He has matured and now he is happy in PDC
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

Suspect Device

Post by Suspect Device » Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:34 pm

The Thorn wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:27 pm
Deadshot wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:59 am

He has matured and now he is happy in PDC
Hahaha Utter bollocks / good fishing. He'll be back in no time licking Wolfie's hole and getting pissed with his wdf mates. Could see him in seniors or even modus.