PDC Women's Series & Slam Qualifier (16-18 Oct)

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Potter's Lake

Re: PDC Women's Series & Slam Qualifier (16-18 Oct)

Post by Potter's Lake » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:50 pm

Potter's Lake wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:07 am
The Thorn wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:48 am And even then, there's the question whether women can actually succeed at the highest level at all. Are there differences between the sexes? I don't think we have a definitive answer, but I strongly believe men have some form of advantage when it comes to darts.
This was Steve Davis talking about snooker, but it works for darts too.
Davis thinks women lack "that single minded determination in something that must be said is a complete waste of time - trying to put snooker balls into pockets with a pointed stick.

"Men are ideally suited to doing something as absolutely irrelevant in life as that," he said. "They're the ones who have train sets in the loft. They have stamp collections to die for. Right? These are stupid things to do with your life. As is trying to practise eight hours a day to get to World Championship level.

"So therefore I think we are also the idiots of the species as well. The male of the species has got a single-minded, obsessional type of brain that I don't think so many females have."
Was bumping this because of the Steve Davis quote, but there's some actual relevant stuff in the last couple of pages.