The WDF Discussion Thread

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Randall
Site Admin

Re: WDF Announcement of New Ranking Criteria (So Long BDO?/Randall is a senile old tosser)

Post by Randall » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:11 am

whereisman wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:20 pm
Randall wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:15 pm
oche balboa wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:03 pm Its over for the BDO......WDF is where its at but they need to get announcing
Announcing the announcement of an announcement?
Which is several weeks late presumably?
Like the prize money

whereisman

Re: WDF Announcement of New Ranking Criteria (So Long BDO?/Randall is a senile old tosser)

Post by whereisman » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:55 am

Randall wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:11 am
whereisman wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:20 pm
Randall wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:15 pm
oche balboa wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:03 pm Its over for the BDO......WDF is where its at but they need to get announcing
Announcing the announcement of an announcement?
Which is several weeks late presumably?
Like the prize money
Sometimes that doesn't arrive at all...

Fiss Plaps

Post by Fiss Plaps » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:13 pm

Twitter's darts stats nerds have got their teeth into the WDF ranking table, and well..

Oh dear.
2020 World Grand Prix Lucky Dip winner!
2x 2019 Q-School Lucky Dip winner!

Both as valuable as the Lakeside piss pot!

Greipel

Post by Greipel » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:37 pm

Fiss Plaps wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:13 pm Twitter's darts stats nerds have got their teeth into the WDF ranking table, and well..

Oh dear.
It's an amateur organization tbf.

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:43 pm

Greipel wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:37 pm
Fiss Plaps wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:13 pm Twitter's darts stats nerds have got their teeth into the WDF ranking table, and well..

Oh dear.
Judging by what they've done with Oliver Ferenc, I could imagine they'll make the same mistake with plenty of Hungarians lol. Anyway, it's an amateur organisation, but that's down to the players, it doesn't mean they can't be just as well-run as the PDC minus the cash

Fiss Plaps

Post by Fiss Plaps » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:44 pm

Oh dear.
That doesn't excuse mistakes like that though.

SuperSwede

Post by SuperSwede » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:46 pm

Oh dear.
There's a window of opportunity though and with the plans or at least intentions they have they should have their shit together better than this.
Michael "Bully Boy" Smith REIGNING Shanghai Darts Master

Pigpen

Post by Pigpen » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:49 pm

Now that's the correct way to get extra names to put in a draw. :p

SuperSwede

Post by SuperSwede » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:24 am

In a LiveDarts interview Mason said "the WDF will be re-negotiating the Eurosport deal"

I guess the prizemoney fiasco, the poor production and the no longer being recognised by the WDF would be more than enough grounds for Eurosport to terminate the deal with the BDO?

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:28 pm

thegentle wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:43 pm Judging by what they've done with Oliver Ferenc, I could imagine they'll make the same mistake with plenty of Hungarians lol.
Probably lots of Asian players too, if they actually get more than a couple of ranking tournaments in the area again.

whereisman

Post by whereisman » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:56 pm

Looks like we'll still have some hilarity even if the BDO goes down judging by that ranking table.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:11 pm

SuperSwede wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:24 am In a LiveDarts interview Mason said "the WDF will be re-negotiating the Eurosport deal"

I guess the prizemoney fiasco, the poor production and the no longer being recognised by the WDF would be more than enough grounds for Eurosport to terminate the deal with the BDO?
Could you provide a link to that interview. That certainly is interesting if that is the case. Not an easy thing to do unless this is a trigger clause or buyout arrangement which I suspect there is. But that means someone our Both parties are going to be taking a loss.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

Fiss Plaps

Post by Fiss Plaps » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:31 pm

cannibal wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:11 pm
SuperSwede wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:24 am In a LiveDarts interview Mason said "the WDF will be re-negotiating the Eurosport deal"

Could you provide a link to that interview. That certainly is interesting if that is the case. Not an easy thing to do unless this is a trigger clause or buyout arrangement which I suspect there is. But that means someone our Both parties are going to be taking a loss.

I've not watched it myself so I don't know where exactly he says it.

SuperSwede

Post by SuperSwede » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:53 am

Fiss Plaps wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:31 pm
cannibal wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:11 pm

I've not watched it myself so I don't know where exactly he says it.
It was relatively early if I remember right, a throwaway remark neither elaborated on it. Then later in the video alluded to "we're in the know but can't say too much but it's looking good" when discussing the WDF plans.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:36 am

Fiss Plaps wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:44 pm

[tweet]

Oh dear.
That was a polite response! Bloody hell Greipel. That someone operates at an amateur level isn't a licence to do something badly.

Like the whole money thing. "We don't have the PDC's budget" was one of Pauly's favourite justifications for any number of laughable errors that a goldfish could have been trained to avoid.
not a girl

Greipel

Post by Greipel » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:16 am

Rogg wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:36 am
Fiss Plaps wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:44 pm

[tweet]

Oh dear.
That was a polite response! Bloody hell Greipel. That someone operates at an amateur level isn't a licence to do something badly.

Like the whole money thing. "We don't have the PDC's budget" was one of Pauly's favourite justifications for any number of laughable errors that a goldfish could have been trained to avoid.
Irony, mate.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:24 pm

Thanks for the link on that mason interview. Wouldn't be surprised if Eurosport tried to sever the BDO deal early. I believe I said that when this was announced.

If Mason is correct in that eurosport want to renegotiate the deal and do it with the WDF. Then eurosport will find the WDF no better in delivering a quality product. Neither org has the money or the players. WDF will make the events a wider representation of its members. That means less spots for better players and more places for who flung do from far away is stan. This includes the ladies. Fully expect the standard to take a flaming crash.

WDF for years have sat on their asses and they think they can jump in and right the ship? By what, tinkering with ranking point system. And flogging off the BDO. WDF obvious choice to fill the void but it is one thing to be next in line but what is the point if you cant do the job. And even worse your only plan is a rough outline written on a cocktail napkin.
We Desire Information.

oche balboa

Post by oche balboa » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:21 pm

cannibal wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:24 pm Thanks for the link on that mason interview. Wouldn't be surprised if Eurosport tried to sever the BDO deal early. I believe I said that when this was announced.

If Mason is correct in that eurosport want to renegotiate the deal and do it with the WDF. Then eurosport will find the WDF no better in delivering a quality product. Neither org has the money or the players. WDF will make the events a wider representation of its members. That means less spots for better players and more places for who flung do from far away is stan. This includes the ladies. Fully expect the standard to take a flaming crash.

WDF for years have sat on their asses and they think they can jump in and right the ship? By what, tinkering with ranking point system. And flogging off the BDO. WDF obvious choice to fill the void but it is one thing to be next in line but what is the point if you cant do the job. And even worse your only plan is a rough outline written on a cocktail napkin.
WDF (If backed by the PDC) will offer better productions. Yes the players arent going to be the same standard but we all know its Semi-Pro/Amateur/Recreational Darts.
The Thorn wrote: ↑Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:39 pm
Rather top myself than watch 1 minute of this shite

Thorn about Modus Super Series in 2021 - He now is an avid fan

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:22 pm

Where is this idea coming from that the PDC is going to financially back the WDF? Hearn said they would give advice. Don't recall him saying they would give money.
We Desire Information.

oche balboa

Post by oche balboa » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:45 pm

cannibal wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:22 pm Where is this idea coming from that the PDC is going to financially back the WDF? Hearn said they would give advice. Don't recall him saying they would give money.
Where did i mention money?
The Thorn wrote: ↑Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:39 pm
Rather top myself than watch 1 minute of this shite

Thorn about Modus Super Series in 2021 - He now is an avid fan