DBG's career: Q School 2023?

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO

Will DBG attend Q School?

Yes
30%
No
31%
Fucks it gotta do with you?
39%

Total votes: 61

SolidSCB

Re: DBG Q School Sweepstakes 2020/Road to Q School

Post by SolidSCB » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:48 pm

FUCKS IT GOTTA DO WITH YOU?
U
C
K
S

I
T

G
O
T
T
A

D
O

W
I
T
H

Y
O
U
?

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:49 pm

SolidSCB wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:31 pm I love how by his own admission, he wasn't interested in actually beating everyone he played in that comp the other day.

A winner's mentality that will serve him incredibly well in the PDC.
Of course I was interested in beating everyone, My point was that my aim was to qualify for the finals not to win money on the day.

You would only have to go as far as ask anyone who was there as to how well I played all day, Played Paul Meyer (I think his name is) in the last 16 and that game went right to the last leg, Both of us were fighting like fuck to win every leg and it was an inspired 132 (bull,bull D16) finish from myself that was the difference maker with Paul sat on 20.

I don't mind admitting that i fucked up in the semi final being 3-1 up then losing 6-4 but again was trying to give it everything to win, One of the biggest problems for me all day was trying to block out all the noise around where I was playing in the last 16 and last 8 matches, First match I won and had a 160 finish to break throw in the 2nd leg and that got the blood pumping and I pushed on to win 5-0 against an extremely high scoring player, Also had a 120 and 106 finish in that match, After that game though and the field thinned out a bit there was a lot of noise from 2 groups of players, One trying to sort a side plate comp out and the other a load of pissed foreign twats who were disrespectful to the venue and decided to sit with their drinks on the pool tables behind the boards and my semi final match the noise had gone and atmosphere was a bit different, I had the mindset of being 100% focused and blocking everything out and suppose with nothing to block out in the semi's I took my foot off the gas a bit.

Cooking with Sanchez

Post by Cooking with Sanchez » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:54 pm

:lol:
The Thorn wrote: Be honest Malt sometimes women deserve a slap or 2.

ILAD

Post by ILAD » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:55 pm

daveboygreen wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:49 pm
SolidSCB wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:31 pm I love how by his own admission, he wasn't interested in actually beating everyone he played in that comp the other day.

Of course I was interested in beating everyone, My point was that my aim was to qualify for the finals not to win money on the day.

You would only have to go as far as ask anyone who was there as to how well I played all day, Played Paul Meyer (I think his name is) in the last 16 and that game went right to the last leg, Both of us were fighting like fuck to win every leg and it was an inspired 132 (bull,bull D16) finish from myself that was the difference maker with Paul sat on 20.

I don't mind admitting that i fucked up in the semi final being 3-1 up then losing 6-4 but again was trying to give it everything to win, One of the biggest problems for me all day was trying to block out all the noise around where I was playing in the last 16 and last 8 matches, First match I won and had a 160 finish to break throw in the 2nd leg and that got the blood pumping and I pushed on to win 5-0 against an extremely high scoring player, Also had a 120 and 106 finish in that match, After that game though and the field thinned out a bit there was a lot of noise from 2 groups of players, One trying to sort a side plate comp out and the other a load of pissed foreign twats who were disrespectful to the venue and decided to sit with their drinks on the pool tables behind the boards and my semi final match the noise had gone and atmosphere was a bit different, I had the mindset of being 100% focused and blocking everything out and suppose with nothing to block out in the semi's I took my foot off the gas a bit.
World class, get to Q school fast.

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:58 pm

Bull bull 32! Fucking hell
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

Sprocket501

Post by Sprocket501 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:59 pm

daveboygreen wrote:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:00 pm

ILAD wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:55 pm
daveboygreen wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:49 pm

World class, get to Q school fast.

That's the whole aim and reason why im putting more and more effort and practice in week on week, I honestly couldn't give a shit what some on here think about me as a player or the level im capable of playing at but I know im playing well when players that play County A and are winning opens say to my Mrs that they hope they don't run into me early on in comps I don't really have to worry, My problem now is keeping my form for longer in comps, Im drifting off a bit after 3-4 matches and need to sort that bit out.

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:01 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:58 pm Bull bull 32! Fucking hell ImageImage
I wouldn't expect someone that can't even properly chalk let alone play the game to have any understanding of that or how vital it was.

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:03 pm

Suppose it had to exist first.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Mabbsy

Post by Mabbsy » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:05 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:03 pm Suppose it had to exist first.
The bull, bull bit always does :roll:

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:05 pm

Tell ya what Ginge...Since you think you have a right to know everything and everything that comes out of my trap is bullshit and also your fond of asking people on social media things...Why not message Paul Meyer on Facebook and ask him for yourself.

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:06 pm

Pay up the £150 first, you are in no position to be making demands.

Cooking with Sanchez

Post by Cooking with Sanchez » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:07 pm

Mabbsy wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:05 pm
The bull, bull bit always does :roll:
Took a shit after that iirc.
The Thorn wrote: Be honest Malt sometimes women deserve a slap or 2.

ILAD

Post by ILAD » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:07 pm

daveboygreen wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:05 pm
Tell ya what Ginge...Since you think you have a right to know everything and everything that comes out of my trap is bullshit and also your fond of asking people on social media things...Why not messagePaul Meyer on Facebook and ask him for yourself.
I’m sure he’ll join here shortly Dave to tell us all about it.

Stran

Post by Stran » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:13 pm

You should have concentrated on winning the tournament so you could pay up on your bet

Great darts though although I fear you may struggle if you get a tour card and then go on to make the premier league as its slightly more noisy than some foreigners in rileys .

TopLad180

Post by TopLad180 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:13 pm

Hi Dave, quick question. I've got the genuine unbiased review of the final off the Facebook page for Riley's Worcester. Please indulge the copy and paste.

"Ian took a 3-2 lead early on but then Ricky pulled it back and went ahead 4-3 with a great double 12. Ian pulled off a 140 out the gate in leg 7 to take advantage early but Ricky was not denied and hit a clutch 140 of his own midway through to yet a double tops for Ian secures it at 4-4.

All day it felt like Ricky couldn’t miss triple 19 and he went there early in leg 8. Could he keep momentum going his way? Not if Ian has anything to say about it. He hits 100 twice in a row to leave 96 with 3 darts he comes up short with the last leaving 8 and Ricky to snatch the game 5-4 Ricky.

Leg 9 was a scrappy affair with the highest score coming from Ian with 95 until Rocky hits 100 to move closer. 3 darts lates he is left with 91 whilst Ian looks for 3-2 to tie. Ian wouldn’t be denied and he draws level with a clutch double.

Final leg Rickys throw knocks 60 and Ian responds with a 140. After 3 sets Ian is left I. The lead with 170 with Ricky needing 256. A big 3 darts for Ian as he hits 59 to be left with 111 and Ricky looking at 115 after hitting 60. Ian steps you and leaves himself with Tops. Ricky responds with the same being needed. Then the first darts hits 20 but Ian doesn’t miss double 10 and there you have it. A terrific 6-5 win for Ian."

You'll notice that at no point does anyone come close to performing how you apparently did in the preliminary rounds. Nobody hits a 180, one of the legs feature a sole ton as the only three figure visit and at one point back to back tons are treated as a point to brag about. Really, it's the kind of bang average but respectable darts you'd expect from the lad with the 233rd highest average on the PDC Challenge Tour in 2019. Boring, but at least honest, and fair play to them.

However, fresh off averaging 130 in a prelim a few weeks ago and the back to back 12 darters of last week, you've pipped someone with a 132 checkout with them waiting on match dart, and then produced three ton plus finishes in 5 legs in the next match (something which happened once in 48 group matches at the Grand Slam). Things which the best players in the world manage once in a blue moon, a local league player (who is yet to win a title) is producing in every game. Could you account for these discrepancies?

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:14 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:06 pm Pay up the £150 first, you are in no position to be making demands.
I couldn't give a shit if you messaged him or not, Your claiming its bullshit...Ive gave you the source to go to for proof...What more could you ask for?

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:19 pm

TopLad180 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:13 pm Hi Dave, quick question. I've got the genuine unbiased review of the final off the Facebook page for Riley's Worcester. Please indulge the copy and paste.

"Ian took a 3-2 lead early on but then Ricky pulled it back and went ahead 4-3 with a great double 12. Ian pulled off a 140 out the gate in leg 7 to take advantage early but Ricky was not denied and hit a clutch 140 of his own midway through to yet a double tops for Ian secures it at 4-4.

All day it felt like Ricky couldn’t miss triple 19 and he went there early in leg 8. Could he keep momentum going his way? Not if Ian has anything to say about it. He hits 100 twice in a row to leave 96 with 3 darts he comes up short with the last leaving 8 and Ricky to snatch the game 5-4 Ricky.

Leg 9 was a scrappy affair with the highest score coming from Ian with 95 until Rocky hits 100 to move closer. 3 darts lates he is left with 91 whilst Ian looks for 3-2 to tie. Ian wouldn’t be denied and he draws level with a clutch double.

Final leg Rickys throw knocks 60 and Ian responds with a 140. After 3 sets Ian is left I. The lead with 170 with Ricky needing 256. A big 3 darts for Ian as he hits 59 to be left with 111 and Ricky looking at 115 after hitting 60. Ian steps you and leaves himself with Tops. Ricky responds with the same being needed. Then the first darts hits 20 but Ian doesn’t miss double 10 and there you have it. A terrific 6-5 win for Ian."

You'll notice that at no point does anyone come close to performing how you apparently did in the preliminary rounds. Nobody hits a 180, one of the legs feature a sole ton as the only three figure visit and at one point back to back tons are treated as a point to brag about. Really, it's the kind of bang average but respectable darts you'd expect from the lad with the 233rd highest average on the PDC Challenge Tour in 2019. Boring, but at least honest, and fair play to them.

However, fresh off averaging 130 in a prelim a few weeks ago and the back to back 12 darters of last week, you've pipped someone with a 132 checkout with them waiting on match dart, and then produced three ton plus finishes in 5 legs in the next match (something which happened once in 48 group matches at the Grand Slam). Things which the best players in the world manage once in a blue moon, a local league player (who is yet to win a title) is producing in every game. Could you account for these discrepancies?
I believe Ginge asked the manager at Rileys while he was watching and filming some of the final if I had hit any back to back 12's and his reply was 'Only on Thursday'

Like ive said to Ginge...Don't believe me then ask the players ive played, Your forgetting that a couple of years back I beat Mark Walsh in a great match, Destroyed Nigel Heydon and also Wolverhampton Open a couple of years back done a number from 2-0 down to bash Matt Padgett....There in itself are 3 players that already according to everyone on here I should get nowhere near.

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:20 pm

Erm nope, wasnt me who asked that. Try again.

Sprocket501

Post by Sprocket501 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:21 pm

Matt Padgett damnit!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk