Premier League 2020

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
SuperSwede

Re: Premier League 2020

Post by SuperSwede » Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:34 am

M H wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:57 pm
SuperSwede wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:38 am Sherrock will be a contender I would say almost certainly, they won't let his opportunity pass. Think opening with Aberdeen (Hendo) likely indicates they had already decided to do contenders again anyway but if they hadn't Sherrock's win will have clinched it.
Please get a grip mate. As of now she's won one game at Ally Pally, are all the first round winners worth a place?
No, but even if she had lost to Mensur she would have been worth a place to Sky and sponsors. Just business sense and an opportunity that can't be passed over.
Michael "Bully Boy" Smith REIGNING Shanghai Darts Master

SuperSwede

Post by SuperSwede » Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:41 am

SuperSwede wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:34 am
SuperSwede wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:38 am Sherrock will be a contender I would say almost certainly, they won't let his opportunity pass. Think opening with Aberdeen (Hendo) likely indicates they had already decided to do contenders again anyway but if they hadn't Sherrock's win will have clinched it.
Please get a grip mate. As of now she's won one game at Ally Pally, are all the first round winners worth a place?
No, but even if she had lost to Mensur she would have been worth a place to Sky and sponsors. Just business sense and an opportunity that can't be passed over.
And to add, she is going to be worth A FORTUNE to the PDC and their sponsors now, they are going to do everything in their power for her to be seen everywhere and anywhere under the PDC umbrella, if you think they are just going to let her slope back off to being seen and heard (or not seen and unheard lol) as a BDO player you are very naive.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:31 pm

SuperSwede wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:41 am
And to add, she is going to be worth A FORTUNE to the PDC and their sponsors now, they are going to do everything in their power for her to be seen everywhere and anywhere under the PDC umbrella, if you think they are just going to let her slope back off to being seen and heard (or not seen and unheard lol) as a BDO player you are very naive.
She's as much chance of getting in the PL as I have, unless she wins this outright of course
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:39 pm

M H wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:31 pm
She's as much chance of getting in the PL as I have, unless she wins this outright of course
I was on about contenders mate. I could easily see her being one.
WDF4LIFE

If you want to shine like the sun, first you have to burn like it

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:26 pm

Wade wouldn't be disappointed If he was left on of this.
Neither would anyone else

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:30 pm

Randall wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:26 pm Wade wouldn't be disappointed If he was left on of this.
Neither would anyone else
I think this loss confirms it, he's out. The 10 pretty much done if there's no huge upset in the next weeks
WDF4LIFE

BeppeBergomi

Post by BeppeBergomi » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:51 pm

Wade has admitted that he wasn't going to be chosen....

Aitobs

Post by Aitobs » Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:44 am

Definite

Michael Van Gerwen
Rob Cross
Gerwyn Price
Peter Wright
Daryl Gurney
Gary Anderson

Likely

Nathan Aspinall
Michael Smith

Possible

Dave Chisnall
Adrian Lewis
Ian White
Glen Durrant
Mensur Suljovic
Simon Whitlock

Emulsfier

Post by Emulsfier » Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:50 am

I would bet everything i own that MVG Cross GAndo Price Snakeshite Gurney Smith Aspinall and Nice but dim all get picked. Just remains to be seen in anyone can turn over Glenda for the last spot.

SuperSwede

Post by SuperSwede » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:25 am

M H wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:31 pm
I said contender. She's worth too much to them now to not be a contender and for the same reasons she's probably worth too much to them to even consider putting her in it as a regular as her getting thrashed every week would damage the "fairytale" too much before it can be fully milked.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:45 am

Stupid swede is ready to crown her queen of England ffs. Calm down swede. She won two matches so far. Look at the number of players who have won two or three matches that went fucking no where, where shit before they got to ally pally had a few good rounds and disappeared. Jamie Lewis, Mark Walsh, Andy Hamilton, Kirk Shepherd, the list is long. Fallon is having a good run but she would make no dent in the tour, none of the ladies would. they just aren't good enough no matter how excited you get and jizz yourself. Fallon's marketability is only going to live for a month or two. By the middle of spring everyone will have forgotten her as she won't have won a tour card and she will be mired somewhere at the bottom of the challenge tour. She will be playing plenty of BDO shit unless she wins at O2 and or if they have another BDO world title in 2021.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

SuperSwede

Post by SuperSwede » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:57 am

cannibal wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:45 am Stupid swede is ready to crown her queen of England ffs. Calm down swede. She won two matches so far. Look at the number of players who have won two or three matches that went fucking no where, where shit before they got to ally pally had a few good rounds and disappeared. Jamie Lewis, Mark Walsh, Andy Hamilton, Kirk Shepherd, the list is long. Fallon is having a good run but she would make no dent in the tour, none of the ladies would. they just aren't good enough no matter how excited you get and jizz yourself. Fallon's marketability is only going to live for a month or two. By the middle of spring everyone will have forgotten her as she won't have won a tour card and she will be mired somewhere at the bottom of the challenge tour. She will be playing plenty of BDO shit unless she wins at O2 and or if they have another BDO world title in 2021.
I'm not saying she's good enough, I would make her a very long shot to even get a card at Q school, probably less than 5%. There are probably 300 men better than her (not even sure she's the best female player)

Nah she'll make enough from this and be in way more demand for higher earning exhibitions i'd say she might play as few as 5 non tv BDO tournaments in 2020.

SuperSwede

Post by SuperSwede » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:00 am

BeppeBergomi wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:51 pm Wade has admitted that he wasn't going to be chosen....
No Wade is going to improve Thursday nights a lot.

I kind of hope Gurney smashes Duzza now so he doesn't get in either. I like him but his pace is a bit ploddy for the PL ideally.

BeppeBergomi

Post by BeppeBergomi » Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:27 am

SuperSwede wrote:
BeppeBergomi wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:51 pm Wade has admitted that he wasn't going to be chosen....
No Wade is going to improve Thursday nights a lot.

I kind of hope Gurney smashes Duzza now so he doesn't get in either. I like him but his pace is a bit ploddy for the PL ideally.
Don't worry. Duzza will be in this time around.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Safc

Post by Safc » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:46 am

If Hearn sticks with the contenders and puts a load of shit in he can fuck right off

BeppeBergomi

Post by BeppeBergomi » Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:49 pm

Safc wrote:If Hearn sticks with the contenders and puts a load of shit in he can fuck right off
It depends who is a load of shit for you.

If there are contenders, then Fallon is in for sure.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:04 pm

Can see them doing the contenders again. Top 5 as it is are in for certain. Wright and Aspinall will be in as well. The rest will make their case during the world champs.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

Captain Hobo

Post by Captain Hobo » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:32 pm

I don't think they will pick 9 players so they can do the Contenders the same way as this year.

I think they have to go back to 10 players, and work the contenders into the 2nd half. The problem with that is if the contenders only play against each other, the games will be pretty meaningless. They could make it a mini league of 4-5 contenders playing each other as the 5th game each night, with maybe some World Series places for those that perform best.
"The United States will be the first nation to land an astronaut on Nars"

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:35 pm

Someone suggested here (maybe Ginge?) there could be a knockout contender tournament in the 2nd half. 7 nights is perfect for 4 QFs, 2 SFs and the final. I really like that actually. I don't think a PL plave should be up for the winner but World Series places is an excellent idea.
WDF4LIFE

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:04 pm

The Thorn wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:35 pm Someone suggested here (maybe Ginge?) there could be a knockout contender tournament in the 2nd half. 7 nights is perfect for 4 QFs, 2 SFs and the final. I really like that actually. I don't think a PL plave should be up for the winner but World Series places is an excellent idea.
Sounds like a good idea to me