2019 Worlds - Averages

Chat and Gossip About Professional and Ever More Farcical BDO Darts
User avatar
thegentle
Posts: 3974
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:52 am
Location: The city of the 120 finish
Contact:

Re: 2019 Worlds - Averages

Post by thegentle » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:33 pm

Rogg wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:10 pm
Kwarters.

(103.03) Gary Anderson 5-2 Dave Chisnall (96.54)
(103.00) Michael Smith 5-1 Luke Humphries (94.18)
(101.12) Michael van Gerwen 5-1 Ryan Joyce (88.35)

(99.72) Nathan Aspinall 5-1 Brendan Dolan (93.87)


Average of the averages: 97.48
That sounds about average for the quarters, right? All four winners at or around the 100 mark and only one of the losers standing out as well below par
'Orns

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 22397
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: 2019 Worlds - Averages

Post by Rogg » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:42 pm

thegentle wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:33 pm
Rogg wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:10 pm
Kwarters.

(103.03) Gary Anderson 5-2 Dave Chisnall (96.54)
(103.00) Michael Smith 5-1 Luke Humphries (94.18)
(101.12) Michael van Gerwen 5-1 Ryan Joyce (88.35)

(99.72) Nathan Aspinall 5-1 Brendan Dolan (93.87)


Average of the averages: 97.48
That sounds about average for the quarters, right? All four winners at or around the 100 mark and only one of the losers standing out as well below par
That description is a very good summary of last year's quarters too, as it goes (below). Cannibal posted stats for previous years up thread.
2018 QF
(102.91) Michael van Gerwen 5-4 Raymond van Barneveld (98.76)
(102.02) Phil Taylor 5-3 Gary Anderson (98.68)
(101.26) Jamie Lewis 5-0 Darren Webster (91.85)
(97.13) Rob Cross 5-4 Dimitri Van den Bergh (98.60)
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
cannibal
Posts: 5601
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:41 am
Location: Tipping cows in fields Elysian
Contact:

Re: 2019 Worlds - Averages

Post by cannibal » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:01 pm

Would say the 2018 had the better standard avg wise as it looks like more legs played with a better standard. Would have to do the calculation to be sure but I would bet my left nut on it. Better viewing by far as those matches also included the names, played it close at a good standard. Add in a few new names that throw at a good pace and the whole cross affair. Way better than this year I think. With one exception, Lil' Webster the one that fucked it all up but thankfully he went down in straight sets (And he thought he should be in the PL, little twat should fuck off to soft tip).
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

User avatar
tungsten tossers
Posts: 2047
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:09 pm
Location: Surrey
Contact:

Re: 2019 Worlds - Averages

Post by tungsten tossers » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:22 pm

cannibal wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:01 pm
Would say the 2018 had the better standard avg wise as it looks like more legs played with a better standard. Would have to do the calculation to be sure but I would bet my left nut on it. Better viewing by far as those matches also included the names, played it close at a good standard. Add in a few new names that throw at a good pace and the whole cross affair. Way better than this year I think. With one exception, Lil' Webster the one that fucked it all up but thankfully he went down in straight sets (And he thought he should be in the PL, little twat should fuck off to soft tip).
It's a shame that none of the quarters were closer games, not one game reaching eight sets.
The seeds crashing out so early didn't help as you would have expected the likes of crusty, gurney, price and wade to put up a better fight in the QF than the likes of Joyce and Luke.
I suppose last year we had the cross v smith cross v dimitri and the epic v MvG to enjoy, whereas this year those types of games are sadly lacking.
We have three enjoyable to watch players still in the tournament, so I hope that the semi's tonight are quality games.
For a new format, the tournament hasn't been too bad, just a bit of a shame that so many seeds went so early,
I haven't seen the total 180 stats that sky normally put on the screen this year but with the expansion, I would think that it would be higher than last year. It will be interesting to see the total legs played v last year

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 22397
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: 2019 Worlds - Averages

Post by Rogg » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:59 am

Semis.
(105.22) Michael Smith 6-3 Nathan Aspinall (100.53)
(104.76) Michael van Gerwen 6-1 Gary Anderson (97.98)

Average of the averages: 102.12


Not bad. Looking at the MVG-v-RVB high lunacy on 2017 semi-final night. 114 v 109, good god. Immortality.
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 22397
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: 2019 Worlds - Averages

Post by Rogg » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:34 am

Thanks to @TheRedBit180

Image
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 22397
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: 2019 Worlds - Averages

Post by Rogg » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:47 am

According to oche, who rarely gives the source. Maybe it's him.
The 2019 tournament average - including the new Round of 96 - slots in between 2013 and 2014, possibly surprisingly.

Tournament Average: 92.05

2018: 94.50
2017: 94.46
2016: 93.39
2015: 93.47
2014: 92.53
2013: 91.95
2012: 91.62
2011: 91.40
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 22397
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: 2019 Worlds - Averages

Post by Rogg » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:25 pm

Rogg wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:34 am
Image
and the piss palace stats if anyone's interested, thanks again to TheRedBit180:

Image
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 76637
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: 2019 Worlds - Averages

Post by Randall » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:27 pm

The pdc 1st round average was virtually the same as the overall piss palace average?
Image

User avatar
Fiss Plaps
Posts: 4379
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:07 pm
Location: Quadruple 20
Contact:

Re: 2019 Worlds - Averages

Post by Fiss Plaps » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:29 pm

Randall wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:27 pm
The pdc 1st round average was virtually the same as the overall piss palace average?
Another damning indictment on the "World Pro".
2x 2019 Q-School Lucky Dip winner! About as valuable as the Lakeshite piss pot!

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 76637
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: 2019 Worlds - Averages

Post by Randall » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:31 pm

Fiss Plaps wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:29 pm
Randall wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:27 pm
The pdc 1st round average was virtually the same as the overall piss palace average?
Another damning indictment on the "World Pro".
Speaks volumes
Image

Post Reply
Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], cannibal, Gidra, Malanax and 15 guests