World Masters 2018 & Piss Palace Play-Offs

Chat and Gossip About Professional and Ever More Farcical BDO Darts
Post Reply
User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 23409
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

World Masters 2018 & Piss Palace Play-Offs

Post by Rogg » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:17 pm

Five days in Bridlington then. Lovely.


Oct 3: World Prolol Play-Offs
Oct 4-7: Winmau World Masters
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 77888
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: World Masters 2018 & Piss Palace Play-Offs

Post by Randall » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:19 pm

Have you been to Bridlington?!
Image

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 23409
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: World Masters 2018 & Piss Palace Play-Offs

Post by Rogg » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:20 pm

For the first time since probably MVG won it I can remember the reigning Masters champ.
One of the classic oh dears.

Image
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 23409
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: World Masters 2018 & Piss Palace Play-Offs

Post by Rogg » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:22 pm

Randall wrote:Have you been to Bridlington?!
I have! But not for the darts, tragically. I seem to remember it raining. A lot.
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 77888
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: World Masters 2018 & Piss Palace Play-Offs

Post by Randall » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:27 pm

Rogg wrote:For the first time since probably MVG won it I can remember the reigning Masters champ.
One of the classic oh dears.

Image
Forgot that glorious outcome last year
Image

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 77888
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: World Masters 2018 & Piss Palace Play-Offs

Post by Randall » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:27 pm

Rogg wrote:
Randall wrote:Have you been to Bridlington?!
I have! But not for the darts, tragically. I seem to remember it raining. A lot.
Perfect for the bdo.
An absolute dump.
Image

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 23409
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: World Masters 2018 & Piss Palace Play-Offs

Post by Rogg » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:14 pm

Nice stable broadcast history, according to wiki. What the hell are Wire TV and L!VE TV...
1974–1988 ITV
1989–1990 Not Broadcast
1991–1992 Sky Sports
1993–1994 Wire TV
1995 L!VE TV
1996–2000 Eurosport
2001–2010 BBC
2011–2012 ESPN
2013–2015 Eurosport
2016 Premier Sports
2017- Eurosport
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
Safc
Posts: 1327
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:36 pm
Location: North East
Contact:

Re: World Masters 2018 & Piss Palace Play-Offs

Post by Safc » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:18 pm

Randall wrote:
Rogg wrote:
Randall wrote:Have you been to Bridlington?!
I have! But not for the darts, tragically. I seem to remember it raining. A lot.
Perfect for the bdo.
An absolute dump.
Its no Scarborough Bridlington is a palace compared to there

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 77888
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: World Masters 2018 & Piss Palace Play-Offs

Post by Randall » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:19 pm

Safc wrote:
Randall wrote:
Rogg wrote:
Randall wrote:Have you been to Bridlington?!
I have! But not for the darts, tragically. I seem to remember it raining. A lot.
Perfect for the bdo.
An absolute dump.
Its no Scarborough Bridlington is a palace compared to there
I don't mind Scarborough to be fair.
Image

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 23409
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: World Masters 2018 & Piss Palace Play-Offs

Post by Rogg » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:20 pm

This was the last time the BBC showed it... upsetting reading.


Image
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
Kimmy
Posts: 8619
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:08 pm
Location: Quietly invading South Korea
Contact:

Re: World Masters 2018 & Piss Palace Play-Offs

Post by Kimmy » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:20 pm

Surprised the bdo haven't hosted an event in Skegness yet.

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 77888
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: World Masters 2018 & Piss Palace Play-Offs

Post by Randall » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:21 pm

Kimmy wrote:Surprised the bdo haven't hosted an event in Skegness yet.
Spent many a day in skeg!
Image

User avatar
Kimmy
Posts: 8619
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:08 pm
Location: Quietly invading South Korea
Contact:

Re: World Masters 2018 & Piss Palace Play-Offs

Post by Kimmy » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:22 pm

Randall wrote:
Kimmy wrote:Surprised the bdo haven't hosted an event in Skegness yet.
Spent many a day in skeg!
I have spent a week there, on two separate occasions, sadly.

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 77888
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: World Masters 2018 & Piss Palace Play-Offs

Post by Randall » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:25 pm

Kimmy wrote:
Randall wrote:
Kimmy wrote:Surprised the bdo haven't hosted an event in Skegness yet.
Spent many a day in skeg!
I have spent a week there, on two separate occasions, sadly.
Ok, it's a dump, but as seaside towns go, it does exactly what it says on the tin.
Image

User avatar
Safc
Posts: 1327
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:36 pm
Location: North East
Contact:

Re: World Masters 2018 & Piss Palace Play-Offs

Post by Safc » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:26 pm

Whitby is the best on the Yorkshire coast still kept clean and tidy

User avatar
Kimmy
Posts: 8619
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:08 pm
Location: Quietly invading South Korea
Contact:

Re: World Masters 2018 & Piss Palace Play-Offs

Post by Kimmy » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:26 pm

Randall wrote:
Kimmy wrote:
Randall wrote:
Kimmy wrote:Surprised the bdo haven't hosted an event in Skegness yet.
Spent many a day in skeg!
I have spent a week there, on two separate occasions, sadly.
Ok, it's a dump, but as seaside towns go, it does exactly what it says on the tin.
I prefer Great Yarmouth, as a massive dump that is quite good fun.

User avatar
Safc
Posts: 1327
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:36 pm
Location: North East
Contact:

Re: World Masters 2018 & Piss Palace Play-Offs

Post by Safc » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:28 pm

Kimmy wrote:
Randall wrote:
Kimmy wrote:
Randall wrote:
Kimmy wrote:Surprised the bdo haven't hosted an event in Skegness yet.
Spent many a day in skeg!
I have spent a week there, on two separate occasions, sadly.
Ok, it's a dump, but as seaside towns go, it does exactly what it says on the tin.
I prefer Great Yarmouth, as a massive dump that is quite good fun.
Was there in june stayed at the vauxhall holiday park was canny to be fair

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 77888
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: World Masters 2018 & Piss Palace Play-Offs

Post by Randall » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:31 pm

Safc wrote:Whitby is the best on the Yorkshire coast still kept clean and tidy
Don't mind Whitby or Filey.
Robin hood's bay as well.
Image

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 77888
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: World Masters 2018 & Piss Palace Play-Offs

Post by Randall » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:32 pm

Kimmy wrote:
Randall wrote:
Kimmy wrote:
Randall wrote:
Kimmy wrote:Surprised the bdo haven't hosted an event in Skegness yet.
Spent many a day in skeg!
I have spent a week there, on two separate occasions, sadly.
Ok, it's a dump, but as seaside towns go, it does exactly what it says on the tin.
I prefer Great Yarmouth, as a massive dump that is quite good fun.
Remember the god awful waxworks museum?
Image

User avatar
M H
Site Admin
Posts: 74204
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:24 am
Contact:

Re: World Masters 2018 & Piss Palace Play-Offs

Post by M H » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:33 pm

Three weeks away and no TV.....
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

Post Reply
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Safc and 14 guests