BDO statement re: PDC player restrictions

Chat and Gossip About Professional and Ever More Farcical BDO Darts
User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 23409
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

BDO statement re: PDC player restrictions

Post by Rogg » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:09 pm

http://www.bdodarts.com/rulesupdate18.php

The BDO is set to remove all restrictions on PDC Tour Card holders as previously and currently placed upon them.

In a complete and radical U-turn, the new BDO Chairman/CEO Derek Jacklin and the current BDO Board of Directors have passed a resolution to remove the historic restrictions as placed on PDC players.

Mr Jacklin’s fresh approach is indicative of his declared intent to overhaul the current system and make positive changes for the better from within the organisation.

These changes will also demonstrate that players will no longer face any penalties relating to entry and participation at the PDC Q-School.

RULE 4.00 WILL NOW READ AS FOLLOWS

4.00 ELIGIBILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN QUALIFYING EVENTS

4.01 Conditions of participation in Qualifying Events

In order to participate in a Qualifying Event, a player;

a. Must be a member of the BDO or another member darts body of the World Darts Federation a list of which may be found at: Full and Associate Member BDO Darts Bodies

b. Must not be serving a period of ineligibility imposed by the BDO, the World Darts Federation or any member darts body of the World Darts Federation.

This decision will also serve to ensure that any women looking to enter the upcoming qualifiers into the Ladies Play Offs in the PDC World Championship will be free to participate without affecting their position within the BDO system and would take with them the BDO’s best wishes for success.

Mr Jacklin feels that this is now ‘the right time’ to implement these changes, putting further emphasis on the BDO’s ‘Darts For All’ ethos.

The new rule change will be applied equally across the Men’s and Ladies game and will come into effect on 1st October 2018.


Derek Jacklin
Chairman / CEO BDO
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 23409
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: BDO statement re: PDC player restrictions

Post by Rogg » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:11 pm

This decision will also serve to ensure that any women looking to enter the upcoming qualifiers into the Ladies Play Offs in the PDC World Championship will be free to participate without affecting their position within the BDO system and would take with them the BDO’s best wishes for success.
Bloody hell! Well done Uncle Des.
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
M H
Site Admin
Posts: 74204
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:24 am
Contact:

Re: BDO statement re: PDC player restrictions

Post by M H » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:17 pm

Rogg wrote:http://www.bdodarts.com/rulesupdate18.php

The BDO is set to remove all restrictions on PDC Tour Card holders as previously and currently placed upon them.

In a complete and radical U-turn, the new BDO Chairman/CEO Derek Jacklin and the current BDO Board of Directors have passed a resolution to remove the historic restrictions as placed on PDC players.


Mr Jacklin’s fresh approach is indicative of his declared intent to overhaul the current system and make positive changes for the better from within the organisation.

These changes will also demonstrate that players will no longer face any penalties relating to entry and participation at the PDC Q-School.

RULE 4.00 WILL NOW READ AS FOLLOWS

4.00 ELIGIBILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN QUALIFYING EVENTS

4.01 Conditions of participation in Qualifying Events

In order to participate in a Qualifying Event, a player;

a. Must be a member of the BDO or another member darts body of the World Darts Federation a list of which may be found at: Full and Associate Member BDO Darts Bodies

b. Must not be serving a period of ineligibility imposed by the BDO, the World Darts Federation or any member darts body of the World Darts Federation.

This decision will also serve to ensure that any women looking to enter the upcoming qualifiers into the Ladies Play Offs in the PDC World Championship will be free to participate without affecting their position within the BDO system and would take with them the BDO’s best wishes for success.

Mr Jacklin feels that this is now ‘the right time’ to implement these changes, putting further emphasis on the BDO’s ‘Darts For All’ ethos.

The new rule change will be applied equally across the Men’s and Ladies game and will come into effect on 1st October 2018.


Derek Jacklin
Chairman / CEO BDO
This may be the go ahead for the women to have a pop at Ally Pally and anyone having a pop at Q School but look at the third highlighted part.

PDC Tour Card Holders don't qualify for secondary WDF membership, unless of course Tour Card holder can now apply for membership of the BDO and have dual nationality so to speak.

My feeling is Bo will be doing Milton Keynes
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 77888
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: BDO statement re: PDC player restrictions

Post by Randall » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:38 pm

The horse has bolted, a decade ago.
Trying to ring fence the paddock now makes zero sense.
Even des has realised.
Image

User avatar
Fiss Plaps
Posts: 4928
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:07 pm
Location: Quadruple 20
Contact:

Re: BDO statement re: PDC player restrictions

Post by Fiss Plaps » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:40 pm

Good Lord, I didn't expect that.

I bet Fitton will be pissed off at this ruling coming seven months after he was dead to the BDO.

Absolutely no excuse for the BDO loyalists to not try Q-School now.
2x 2019 Q-School Lucky Dip winner! About as valuable as the Lakeshite piss pot!

Zeyes
Posts: 2767
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:07 pm
Contact:

Re: BDO statement re: PDC player restrictions

Post by Zeyes » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:55 pm

Father Rout wrote:PDC Tour Card Holders don't qualify for secondary WDF membership, unless of course Tour Card holder can now apply for membership of the BDO and have dual nationality so to speak.
The WDF scrapped all restrictions on PDC players a few years ago.

Zeyes
Posts: 2767
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:07 pm
Contact:

Re: BDO statement re: PDC player restrictions

Post by Zeyes » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:00 pm

I do wonder how long it's going to be until some mid-ranked tour card holder enters and wins a reasonably high-profile BDO tournament such as the British Open next season, and what the reactions are going to be. That said, if the Lakeshite falls apart the usual "they're stealing ranking points opportunities from our system's players" complaint will be obsolete anyway...

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 23409
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: BDO statement re: PDC player restrictions

Post by Rogg » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:11 pm

Fiss Plaps wrote:Good Lord, I didn't expect that.

I bet Fitton will be pissed off at this ruling coming seven months after he was dead to the BDO.

Absolutely no excuse for the BDO loyalists to not try Q-School now.
As though the Finton tragedy needed another act.

And yes, reasons for not doing Q-School (and the munter qualifiers) will need a bit of revising. They're free as birds now. Well apart from the one who made Jim Williams nail him to the cage.
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 23409
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: BDO statement re: PDC player restrictions

Post by Rogg » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:19 pm

lorraine winstanley @lorraine180
Congratulations @BDOdarts and thankyou for not penalising the ladies for entering the @OfficialPDC WC qualifier

thedartsforum @darts_forum
So Bo Selecta is doing MK, what a surprise! #darts #bdo


Seems we have a cynic in our midst!
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 23409
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: BDO statement re: PDC player restrictions

Post by Rogg » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:26 pm

Adam Sherlock @SherlockDarts
@BarryHearn What do you think of this turn around by the BDO? I hope this makes the game stronger and both sides prosper.

Barry Hearn @BarryHearn
Common sense at last.
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
Fiss Plaps
Posts: 4928
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:07 pm
Location: Quadruple 20
Contact:

Re: BDO statement re: PDC player restrictions

Post by Fiss Plaps » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:51 pm

I guess this means the "if you get to Lakeshite semis you have to play next year" contract bollocks is null and void now as well, right?
2x 2019 Q-School Lucky Dip winner! About as valuable as the Lakeshite piss pot!

User avatar
M H
Site Admin
Posts: 74204
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:24 am
Contact:

Re: BDO statement re: PDC player restrictions

Post by M H » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:16 pm

Rogg wrote:lorraine winstanley @lorraine180
Congratulations @BDOdarts and thankyou for not penalising the ladies for entering the @OfficialPDC WC qualifier

thedartsforum @darts_forum
So Bo Selecta is doing MK, what a surprise! #darts #bdo


Seems we have a cynic in our midst!
Wait and see mate
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 23409
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: BDO statement re: PDC player restrictions

Post by Rogg » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:55 pm

Fiss Plaps wrote:I guess this means the "if you get to Lakeshite semis you have to play next year" contract bollocks is null and void now as well, right?
I guess so, if the spirit of this statement is genuine. Half the time you couldn't tell if players were trying to get knocked out early on purpose or if they were just absolutely useless. Hello Geert. As for Glen...
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 23409
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: BDO statement re: PDC player restrictions

Post by Rogg » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:11 pm

conner kerr @GOAB767 2h
Thoughts on bdo news mace, last act on a sinking ship?

Chris Mason @Chris180Mason
More commercial suicide, if they think this is a viable solution to not banning women from competing in the PDC qualifiers it shows their even more inept.
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
cannibal
Posts: 5824
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:41 am
Location: Tipping cows in fields Elysian
Contact:

Re: BDO statement re: PDC player restrictions

Post by cannibal » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:43 pm

Does the PDC still have the rule in place that tour card holders can't appear on stream or TV of other events unless they have prior permission?
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

User avatar
skweezit
Moderator
Posts: 29555
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 4:39 am
Contact:

Re: BDO statement re: PDC player restrictions

Post by skweezit » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:24 pm

good move and about time.

sounds like pdc players are also free to enter any bdo tournaments too come October.
what's the catch, beyond the couple dollars singles entry fee surcharge?

Zeyes
Posts: 2767
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:07 pm
Contact:

Re: BDO statement re: PDC player restrictions

Post by Zeyes » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:24 pm

cannibal wrote:Does the PDC still have the rule in place that tour card holders can't appear on stream or TV of other events unless they have prior permission?
Pretty sure they do. I still think they should just turn it into a requirement that the player must wear a PDC badge or something when appearing on other promoters' streams.

User avatar
Grazer
Posts: 2793
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 6:59 pm
Contact:

Re: BDO statement re: PDC player restrictions

Post by Grazer » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:00 am

Given that the BDO stream stage games now (I know EDO they do) I dont see too many PDC players entering because of the contract they have

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
Image

PubChucker
Posts: 117
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:29 am
Contact:

Re: BDO statement re: PDC player restrictions

Post by PubChucker » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:27 am

Fiss Plaps wrote:I guess this means the "if you get to Lakeshite semis you have to play next year" contract bollocks is null and void now as well, right?
The cynic in me says this move by the BDO has been made because they can't hold up their end of said contracts.

User avatar
cannibal
Posts: 5824
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:41 am
Location: Tipping cows in fields Elysian
Contact:

Re: BDO statement re: PDC player restrictions

Post by cannibal » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:58 am

How many PDC players would even be members of the BDO or an affiliate that would allow them entry under the new rule? Don't see the change having any effect on PDC players. This is all about letting BDO players have a go at Ally Pally and Q school.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

Post Reply
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Tommo and 20 guests