The Greatest Show on Rob's Earth 2019 (Dec 13 - Jan 1)

Chat and Gossip About Professional and Ever More Farcical BDO Darts
Post Reply
User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 19474
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

The Greatest Show on Rob's Earth 2019 (Dec 13 - Jan 1)

Post by Rogg » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:59 pm

eek. Worth its own thread. Still reading it.

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2018/06/04/reco ... ampionship
Last edited by Rogg on Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
sennafan24
Moderator
Posts: 8784
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Massive PDC Worlds Changes Announced - 96 players!

Post by sennafan24 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:18 pm

At first, I was a bit sceptical about this. Why tinker with a winning formula?

However, after reading the finer details, I think it could work out just fine.
"Little scumbag" - Oche Balboa

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 19474
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Massive PDC Worlds Changes Announced - 96 players!

Post by Rogg » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:18 pm

Mental twatter reaction to this. Gone quite potty.

So finally, the long awaited Ally Pally 2018/19 criteria, sponsored by cannibal:



Top 32 from PDC Order of Merit
Top 32 from ProTour Order of Merit


Plus 32:

Two PDPA Qualifiers
2018 PDC Asian Tour Top Four
2018 PDC Unicorn World Youth Champion
2018 PDC Unicorn Development Tour Order of Merit top two
2018 PDC Unicorn Challenge Tour Order of Merit winner
PDC Nordic & Baltic Top Two
EADC Champion
Oceanic Masters Champion
DPA Order of Merit Winner
DPNZ Qualifier
German Superleague Champion
Central Europe Qualifier
South Europe Qualifier
West Europe Qualifier
East Europe Qualifier
PDC China Qualifier
Tom Kirby Memorial Irish Matchplay Champion
North American Championship Winner
CDC Top Ranked American Player
CDC Top Ranked Canadian Player
PDJ Japanese Qualifier
African Qualifier
South American Qualifier
UK Ladies Qualifier
Rest of the World Ladies Qualifier
Indian Qualifier
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
Safc
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:36 pm
Location: North East
Contact:

Re: Massive PDC Worlds Changes Announced - 96 players!

Post by Safc » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:21 pm

Not sure about this how many Asian and and Aussie players can you have and still they shoe horn Devon Peterson in be interesting regarding to uk womens qualifier because the bdo lot if they play will be banned from Lakeshite i'm guessing.

User avatar
The Ginge Reaper
Posts: 25901
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 3:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Massive PDC Worlds Changes Announced - 96 players!

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:24 pm

Safc wrote:Not sure about this how many Asian and and Aussie players can you have and still they shoe horn Devon Peterson in be interesting regarding to uk womens qualifier because the bdo lot if they play will be banned from Lakeshite i'm guessing.
Dunno, may only apply to the mens Lakeshite draw.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

User avatar
Safc
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:36 pm
Location: North East
Contact:

Re: Massive PDC Worlds Changes Announced - 96 players!

Post by Safc » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:24 pm

11 spots to asian/Oceanic players seems a lot to me

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 19474
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Massive PDC Worlds Changes Announced - 96 players!

Post by Rogg » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:28 pm

sennafan24 wrote:At first, I was a bit sceptical about this. Why tinker with a winning formula?

However, after reading the finer details, I think it could work out just fine.
The *96* seems a bit of a shock, but it's hard to argue much against including the 32 'others' in the criteria above. I think that part is great. The Preliminary Round (RIP) had become a highlight of the event for me.

The Top 32 from the Pro Tour OoM is a big surprise, and hello Dimitri... means at least half the tour card holders will be at the Worlds from now on. The value of a card continues to spread further down the ladder.
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
sennafan24
Moderator
Posts: 8784
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Massive PDC Worlds Changes Announced - 96 players!

Post by sennafan24 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:36 pm

Rogg wrote:The Top 32 from the Pro Tour OoM is a big surprise, and hello Dimitri... means at least half the tour card holders will be at the Worlds from now on. The value of a card continues to spread further down the ladder.
Aye, good point.

Theoretically, would it be possible for the likes of Sherrock and Aston to enter the UK Ladies Qualifier?
"Little scumbag" - Oche Balboa

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 19474
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Massive PDC Worlds Changes Announced - 96 players!

Post by Rogg » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:38 pm

Safc wrote:11 spots to asian/Oceanic players seems a lot to me
Asia is quite large and takes a fair bit of representing tbf.
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 19474
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Massive PDC Worlds Changes Announced - 96 players!

Post by Rogg » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:41 pm

sennafan24 wrote:Theoretically, would it be possible for the likes of Sherrock and Aston to enter the UK Ladies Qualifier?
The lady mushrooms. It's a great question. I suspect this news will have sent quite few people into a bit of a spin...
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 19474
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Massive PDC Worlds Changes Announced - 96 players!

Post by Rogg » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:42 pm

An extra 6 sessions tho. What about Christmas? #whataboutchristmas

90,000 tickets ffs. Hopefully the printers will offer discount on the posters.
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
The Ginge Reaper
Posts: 25901
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 3:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Massive PDC Worlds Changes Announced - 96 players!

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:45 pm

The milkmen of north London will have to work their butts off.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

User avatar
Safc
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:36 pm
Location: North East
Contact:

Re: Massive PDC Worlds Changes Announced - 96 players!

Post by Safc » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:46 pm

will be something like this
Plus 32:

Two PDPA Qualifiers BRENDAN DOLAN & PETER JACQUES
2018 PDC Asian Tour Top Four SEIGO ASADA,ROYDEN LAM,HARUKI MURAMATSU & LOURENCE ILAGAN
2018 PDC Unicorn World Youth Champion already in so Replaced by make up rule to get PAUL LIM in
2018 PDC Unicorn Development Tour Order of Merit top two TED EVETTS & NATHAN RAFFERTY
2018 PDC Unicorn Challenge Tour Order of Merit winner MICHAEL BARNARD
PDC Nordic & Baltic Top Two KIM VILJANEN & DARIUS LABANAUSKAS
EADC Champion ALEXANDER ORESHKIN
Oceanic Masters Champion BERNIE SMITH
DPA Order of Merit Winner LOZ RYDER
DPNZ Qualifier WARREN PARRY
German Superleague Champion KEVIN MUNCH
Central Europe Qualifier A RODRIGUEZ BROTHER
South Europe Qualifier JOSE JUSTICIA
West Europe Qualifier MARIO ROBBE
East Europe Qualifier KRYZTOF RATAKSKI
PDC China Qualifier ZONG
Tom Kirby Memorial Irish Matchplay Champion WILLIAM O"CONNOR
North American Championship Winner DARIN YOUNG
CDC Top Ranked American Player LARRY BUTLER
CDC Top Ranked Canadian Player JEFF SMITH
PDJ Japanese Qualifier YUKI YAMADA
African Qualifier DEVON PETERSON
South American Qualifier DIOGO POTELA
UK Ladies Qualifier RACHEL BROOKES
Rest of the World Ladies Qualifier MOMO ZHOU
Indian Qualifier AMIT GILITWALA

User avatar
tungsten tossers
Posts: 1743
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:09 pm
Location: Surrey
Contact:

Re: Massive PDC Worlds Changes Announced - 96 players!

Post by tungsten tossers » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:48 pm

Rogg wrote:
Safc wrote:11 spots to asian/Oceanic players seems a lot to me
Asia is quite large and takes a fair bit of representing tbf.
It is also where the PDC is promoting darts big time so it makes sense for TV coverage out there

User avatar
thegentle
Posts: 2298
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:52 am
Location: The city of the 120 finish
Contact:

Re: Massive PDC Worlds Changes Announced - 96 players!

Post by thegentle » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:49 pm

Rogg wrote:Mental twatter reaction to this. Gone quite potty.

So finally, the long awaited Ally Pally 2018/19 criteria, sponsored by cannibal:



Top 32 from PDC Order of Merit
Top 32 from ProTour Order of Merit


Plus 32:

Two PDPA Qualifiers
2018 PDC Asian Tour Top Four
2018 PDC Unicorn World Youth Champion
2018 PDC Unicorn Development Tour Order of Merit top two
2018 PDC Unicorn Challenge Tour Order of Merit winner
PDC Nordic & Baltic Top Two
EADC Champion
Oceanic Masters Champion
DPA Order of Merit Winner
DPNZ Qualifier
German Superleague Champion
Central Europe Qualifier
South Europe Qualifier
West Europe Qualifier
East Europe Qualifier
PDC China Qualifier
Tom Kirby Memorial Irish Matchplay Champion
North American Championship Winner
CDC Top Ranked American Player
CDC Top Ranked Canadian Player
PDJ Japanese Qualifier
African Qualifier
South American Qualifier
UK Ladies Qualifier
Rest of the World Ladies Qualifier
Indian Qualifier
Well, at least they've gone and announced it in good time, if the likes of Peterson and Smith can't make it through, it's their own fault (I guess Rata is more or less there already now). As has been alluded to, there are few of those spots I outright disagree with, but as an overall package it might take a bit of the shine off of it.
如果你爱飞镖,站起来!

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 19474
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Massive PDC Worlds Changes Announced - 96 players!

Post by Rogg » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:51 pm

This happily confirms that Burton is alright. Doubling the Pro Tour spots clearly will bring plenty of wonderful news but a fair bit of awful news.


Weekly Dartscast @WeeklyDartscast
Here's the tentative Ally Pally qualification tables, courtesy of the on hiatus @bsd987. Alan Tabern, Paul Nicholson, Wayne Jones, and Kirk Shepherd in line to get back after long absences.

Image
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
Safc
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:36 pm
Location: North East
Contact:

Re: Massive PDC Worlds Changes Announced - 96 players!

Post by Safc » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:53 pm

I agree at least they have announced it nice and early but there is going to be some right shit in round 1

User avatar
Safc
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:36 pm
Location: North East
Contact:

Re: Massive PDC Worlds Changes Announced - 96 players!

Post by Safc » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:58 pm

Rogg wrote:This happily confirms that Burton is alright. Doubling the Pro Tour spots clearly will bring plenty of wonderful news but a fair bit of awful news.


Weekly Dartscast @WeeklyDartscast
Here's the tentative Ally Pally qualification tables, courtesy of the on hiatus @bsd987. Alan Tabern, Paul Nicholson, Wayne Jones, and Kirk Shepherd in line to get back after long absences.

Image
Barnard v Oreshkin
Jones v Parry
Dolan v A women

you can see it now

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 19474
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Massive PDC Worlds Changes Announced - 96 players!

Post by Rogg » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:58 pm

Safc wrote:Not sure about this how many Asian and and Aussie players can you have and still they shoe horn Devon Peterson in
Africa will have a knockout qualifier, so they are not shoehorning Devon into it this time. Big plans these, seems they're finally getting to grips with everything.
knockout events to be held in China, Japan, India, Africa, New Zealand, South America, Germany, Ireland and four qualifiers across Europe
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
Safc
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:36 pm
Location: North East
Contact:

Re: Massive PDC Worlds Changes Announced - 96 players!

Post by Safc » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:02 pm

Rogg wrote:
Safc wrote:Not sure about this how many Asian and and Aussie players can you have and still they shoe horn Devon Peterson in
Africa will have a knockout qualifier, so they are not shoehorning Devon into it this time. Big plans these, seems they're finally getting to grips with everything.
knockout events to be held in China, Japan, India, Africa, New Zealand, South America, Germany, Ireland and four qualifiers across Europe

I agree it great for the global game and it means more darts to watch wonder if the first round format is best of 3 or 5

Post Reply
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], bojeru, Google [Bot], Malanax, Pigpen, shy witness, skweezit, TedGod, The Thorn, thegentle and 36 guests