World series 2017

Threads Worth Preserving
darts1000

World series 2017

Post by darts1000 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:36 am

Barry Hearns has said that the world series events will have a different setup this year.
Up and coming players will get the chance to build more experience.
What do you think? Will there be less local players? Will the top 12 play? Or the top 16?

sennafan24

Re: World series 2017

Post by sennafan24 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:30 am

Players who were under consideration for P.L wildcards, but just missed out, will be included according to Hearn. Therefore, I expect the likes of BVDP, Bully Smith and Gurney to be featured.
HalloweenJack wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:09 pm
Randall wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:05 pm Dulla has never faced anything like Taylor in top gear.
Maybe he could have dragged Taylor down, we will never know.

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:33 am

Will probably just be a case of having the static 8 players plus 2 different ones at each event, along with 6 local players.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

BeppeBergomi

Post by BeppeBergomi » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:06 pm

Any idea of the final dates of where will these happen?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:23 pm

Can't see Taylor travelling?

Noisycrowds

Post by Noisycrowds » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:27 pm

The General wrote:Can't see Taylor grovelling?

nah thats just for people like sprocket

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:16 pm

The General wrote:Can't see Taylor travelling?
I wouldn't be surprised if he misses a few of these. It won't be the ones in Asia tho. Market for target in asia is extremely important. Besides he is a deity in Asia darting circles and pretty popular in Australia so I can see him doing these just to get his ego stroked and pick up some cash. Can see him skipping Dubai and possibly USA as it does fall kind of close to the Matchplay, a title Philth still cares about.

Then again who knows if he wins something he may feel rejuvenated and play more than he is planning now. I think not winning a major in over 2 years hurts.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

boringboringtables

Post by boringboringtables » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:19 pm

Taylor will play in every event he is invited to. They should change the euro champ qualifying criteria to

skweezit

Post by skweezit » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:55 pm

I speculate that except for Dubai, the elite core will shrink from 8 to about 4, 5, 6 (?) and vary at different sites.
they will issue wildcards of pdc "others" to add to the reduced number of the elite that went to them all last year, so that there is still at least of 50% of pdc stars versus the locals.

this may also affect the wsod grand finals qualification.

BeppeBergomi

Post by BeppeBergomi » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:21 am

cannibal wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if he misses a few of these. It won't be the ones in Asia tho. Market for target in asia is extremely important. Besides he is a deity in Asia darting circles and pretty popular in Australia so I can see him doing these just to get his ego stroked and pick up some cash. Can see him skipping Dubai and possibly USA as it does fall kind of close to the Matchplay, a title Philth still cares about.

Then again who knows if he wins something he may feel rejuvenated and play more than he is planning now. I think not winning a major in over 2 years hurts.
I'd imagine that we'll see Phil in Vegas, the two Australian Rounds and the Tokyo ones for sure... Maybe he'll skip China and Auckland....

skweezit

Post by skweezit » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:55 pm

BeppeBergomi wrote:
cannibal wrote:

I'd imagine that we'll see Phil in Vegas, the two Australian Rounds and the Tokyo ones for sure... Maybe he'll skip China and Auckland....

I thought they weren't going to Japan this year?
Taylor has been officially announced as going to the Vegas one, along with Ganderson and van gerwen.

BeppeBergomi

Post by BeppeBergomi » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:43 pm

skweezit wrote:
BeppeBergomi wrote:
cannibal wrote:

Taylor has been officially announced as going to the Vegas one, along with Ganderson and van gerwen.
Oh really? Where are they going to then?

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:43 pm

BeppeBergomi wrote:
skweezit wrote:
BeppeBergomi wrote:
cannibal wrote:

Oh really? Where are they going to then?

Same places as last year, just replace Tokyo for Las Vegas.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:06 pm

woah they really are mixing up the World Series picks this year. Max Hopp for Vegas!

This is translated...

Hopp gets wild card for Las Vegas

The German number one receives a wildcard from the PDC for the World Series event in Las Vegas.

This is at least the sport1. "I would like to thank Barry Hearn and the PDC for giving me this great opportunity," said the 20-year-old against the TV channel.

The event in Las Vegas will take place from 13th to 15th July, with eight top players and a wildcard.
http://www.spox.com/de/sport/mehrsport/ ... 6iV5i3QZ5w
not a girl

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:24 pm

Wasn't it gonna be the 8 PDC players against the 8 American qualifiers? So is Hopp one of the 8, or an additional wildcard, as the article suggests?

I won't even ask why did he get a wildcard, which makes fuckall sense.
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:26 pm

That link leads to a dead page now, well at least I think its a dead page as its all in German.

I assume only the top 7 are going, plus Hopp.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:30 pm

The Thorn wrote:Wasn't it gonna be the 8 PDC players against the 8 American qualifiers? So is Hopp one of the 8, or an additional wildcard, as the article suggests?

I won't even ask why did he get a wildcard, which makes fuckall sense.
Hopp will be one of the 8 PDC players, I think.

Baz said when he announced the PL line-up that they'd be mixing up the World Series picks. Gurney and Benito got a mention so they'll probably turn up in one of the WS events too.
not a girl

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:34 pm

Maybe it's just a small favor to the North American guys, anyone who draws Hopp will have a chance to win a game at least.
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:47 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:That link leads to a dead page now, well at least I think its a dead page as its all in German.

I assume only the top 7 are going, plus Hopp.
Not sure what happened to that. It's here:

http://www.spox.com/de/sport/mehrsport/ ... t-pdc.html
not a girl

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:00 pm

The Thorn wrote:Maybe it's just a small favor to the North American guys, anyone who draws Hopp will have a chance to win a game at least.
That could be an advantage and I think it's good that they're now using these exhibitions for the development of their own players, as well as worldwide markets. People often complain that it's the same faces every time. This year will be something different.

This was my PL idea -- having a pack of core players and one 'guest' wildcard each week to mix it up and to give different players a taste of the experience. Hopp would have been my wildcard for Berlin next year. An international flavour to the wildcard picks makes sense here - it is the World Series.
not a girl