Premier League Darts 2017

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Justin Credible

Re: Premier League Darts 2017

Post by Justin Credible » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:46 pm

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:56 pm

Reyes for the PL ;)
WDF4LIFE

If you want to shine like the sun, first you have to burn like it

BeppeBergomi

Post by BeppeBergomi » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:26 pm

The Thorn wrote:
Surreys finest wrote:I still think form against the top players should play a factor in the selection process. Anyway out of last years lineup we can make some assumptions

Van Gerwen In
Anderson In
Wright In
Taylor In
Wade almost certainly in
Lewis In
Barney In
Thornton out
Chizzy In
Smith Needs two more wins in this I reckon

So probably two places up for grabs.
Totally agree with this, and I can't think of anyone other than Mensur and Klaasen currently to fill them 2 places. The players who could, would need some highly unlikely wins to do so.
Mensur's game yesterday won't do his cause any good... Klaasen Yes he's a candidate. Smith and van de Pas I won't exclude neither for now...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:27 pm

Mike Smith had an awful year, much worse than 2015. Think he would get battered week in week out again if he got the invite.
WDF4LIFE

Robert Ross

Post by Robert Ross » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:30 pm

The Thorn wrote:Mike Smith had an awful year, much worse than 2015. Think he would get battered week in week out again if he got the invite.
If it's good enough for mrs Thornton, it's good enough for Smith.

Surreys finest

Post by Surreys finest » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:44 pm

The Thorn wrote:Mike Smith had an awful year, much worse than 2015. Think he would get battered week in week out again if he got the invite.
I agree with you there. Smith is seemingly just recovering some form and confidence. Another tough few months against the very best would put that at some risk. If Huybrechts has a decent comp then at least he is a year further on in his comeback.
"John Walton trying out Q school is like a vicar trying gangsta rap"

BeppeBergomi

Post by BeppeBergomi » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:50 pm

Surreys finest wrote:
I agree with you there. Smith is seemingly just recovering some form and confidence. Another tough few months against the very best would put that at some risk. If Huybrechts has a decent comp then at least he is a year further on in his comeback.
Have to agree with you on the Belgian, guys. Huybrechts is another contender and as a Gary Anderson fan I usually don't like it when Gary plays Kim as he always give Gary a hard time...

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:40 pm

Taylor was way off the mark against Painter. If Kim beats him in the next round, it probably earns him a PL place.
WDF4LIFE

BeppeBergomi

Post by BeppeBergomi » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:50 pm

Before facing THE POWER, Kim has to stave off the wurstel und kraut eater der Maximiser.....

Robert Ross

Post by Robert Ross » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:46 pm

BeppeBergomi wrote:
Surreys finest wrote:
Have to agree with you on the Belgian, guys. Huybrechts is another contender and as a Gary Anderson fan I usually don't like it when Gary plays Kim as he always give Gary a hard on...

You jealous?

BeppeBergomi

Post by BeppeBergomi » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:03 pm

Bob Ross wrote:
BeppeBergomi wrote:
Surreys finest wrote:
Have to agree with you on the Belgian, guys. Huybrechts is another contender and as a Gary Anderson fan I usually don't like it when Gary plays Kim as he always give Gary a hard on...

You jealous?
It's way too easy editing posts...

Robert Ross

Post by Robert Ross » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:07 pm

BeppeBergomi wrote:
Bob Ross wrote:
BeppeBergomi wrote:
Surreys finest wrote:

You jealous?
It's way too easy editing posts...

Agreed. It's just that I'm a lazy retard, not capable of making original contributions.

Jobber

Post by Jobber » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:25 pm

Shout to the MENSUR fans.

lolz.

Just another no mark floor player.

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:30 pm

Jobber wrote:Shout to the MENSUR fans.

lolz.

you should know by now there are simpletons out there who think because some floor jobber or one weekend wonder on a euro tour has a great weekend and is suddenly PL material.

They always come a cropper in the worlds and if they still manage to make it through the worlds and get to the PL they will fold in the PL like webster, smith, huybrechts etc.

The reality is the PL is the sort of comp and envirnoment that realistically only suits a mere few in the PDC.

Say what you like about wade, krusty etc but they are used to that pressure, along with taylor, lewis, gando, mvg, barney.
that is why I think the PL should go back to 8 players

Jobber

Post by Jobber » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:34 pm

Justin Credible wrote:
Jobber wrote:Shout to the MENSUR fans.

lolz.

you should know by now there are simpletons out there who think because some floor jobber or one weekend wonder on a euro tour has a great weekend and is suddenly PL material.

They always come a cropper in the worlds and if they still manage to make it through the worlds and get to the PL they will fold in the PL like webster, smith, huybrechts etc.

The reality is the PL is the sort of comp and envirnoment that realistically only suits a mere few in the PDC.

Say what you like about wade, krusty etc but they are used to that pressure, along with taylor, lewis, gando, mvg, barney.
that is why I think the PL should go back to 8 players
imo the PL/WSOD darts lot are so, so far in front of the rest it's going to take an incredible player to break into it and hold his own.

Ian White, Mensur etc make a fortune on the floor and totally bomb in big games. Sometimes it isn't even big game that they bomb in.

Don't even start me on Mensur's throw. That shit is downright embarrassing.

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:38 pm

I agree, the floor scene can only get you so far before you are fully exposed in the proper majors over a distance.

Barney and Lewis are lazy cunts, wade a moody prick, Krusty has a questionable bottle, Taylor on the slide, Gando erratic but all a league above the others

Kimmy

Post by Kimmy » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:01 pm

MvG
Ando
Fatpot
Feel
Barney
Krusty
Chizzy
Wade
Jelle
Van De Pas

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:23 pm

Kim Jong-Un wrote:MvG
Ando
Fatpot
Feel
Barney
Krusty
Chizzy
Wade
Jelle
Van De Pas
Decent call, even though I think 4 Dutchmen might be one too many in there, but it does seem like a possible lineup.
WDF4LIFE

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:23 pm

Ando
Fatpot
Feel
Barney
Krusty
Chizzy
Wade
Jelle
Van De Pas
I like it

BeppeBergomi

Post by BeppeBergomi » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:48 pm

The Thorn wrote:
Ando
Fatpot
Feel
Barney
Krusty
Chizzy
Wade
Jelle
Van De Pas
Decent call, even though I think 4 Dutchmen might be one too many in there, but it does seem like a possible lineup.
I agree with the Thorn... 4 Dutchmen might be a bit too much....