The Darts Forum - Darts Chat

{darts forum}

{Darts chat}

It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Cannibal Cuts 

cannibal wrote:
why yes, thank you. Almost forgot I was a cunt, then your helpful reminder further jogged my memory that I am beyond just a cunt, I am
a Fat American Cunt.

Dont be so harsh om yourself, your are a fat shit cunt from The Jewnited States of Dumbfuckinstan, what makes it worse for you, you are on the same continents as the Skweezit, the shit cunts shit cunt

Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:04 pm
Profile Send private message

Somewhere in Southern Calli, in some garage was a raggedy haired pimple faced little fucking skate rat who happened to be a damn good guitar player who liked to play big fuzzy riffs. He had some friends who also liked to play fuzzy rock and play it like punk fiends. I imagine they loaded their gear in some old custom van lined with shaggy carpet loaded with resin and reeks of weed from the 1960's, and just drove across southern Calli playing anywhere and everywhere perfecting the sound of Punk meets Stoner Rock that is Fu Manchu...Roll on 33 plus years and about a dozen albums and thousands of gigs the sound of Fu Manchu remains the same. And that is a good thing because they deliver with consistent quality and no fucking compromise. When you do the one thing you do as good as these guys you don't change it unless your a moron.

So no surprise that the 13th studio album of Fu Manchu "Clone of the Universe" delivers up the goods of stoner rock just like they did on every other album...but wait you cunts there is a surprise after about 22 minutes of the usual Fu Manchu, one runs smack up against a big wall of sound that runs 18 minutes "Il Mostro Atomico". And another little surprise Alex Lifeson adds to the Fu Manchu guitars. Talk about opposites attracting, but it works and man does it ever. Good to hear Fu Manchu stretching themselves by doing something different and thank to fuck it worked.

Overall this is a fine piece of work but not on par with say "King of the Road" yet still worth a listen because it is just good stuff

Full album with track listing, enjoy

Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:41 pm

3 months have slipped by since I last added anything to this thread. Proof positive of how useless I am. To my credit I have listened to over 200 new albums since then. Plus my 2 year concerted effort to listen to the entire discography of Deep Purple, Ten Years After, and Foghat. This includes bootlegs and all the remastered stuff. Believe it or not in dart terms that is a maximum, i.e. 180 albums. Yes I know, who gives a fuck?

Well along the way I took the time to spin the first solo album of Myles Kennedy; front man of Alter Bridge. The album "Year of the Tiger" whose title track is tribute to his father and his passing. I must confess I read a bunch of reviews on this album before listening to it. Typically I don't like to do this as it taints the first listening experience and leads me to listen for what others have heard instead of taking the first listen as a doe eyed virgin. The price I paid for this mistake was disappointment as I thought this was going to be a bluesy folk album, which I don't think it is at all. After a few listens thru and erasing from my mind of the bullshit bias I let others instill in me, I really liked this album.

It was nice to hear Myles take a chance and stretch himself into a genre that he certainly isn't known for. Lets be clear the genre is clearly Americana and the arrangements and choice of instrumentation on this work clearly put it smack dab in the middle of this genre. The use of various stringed instruments from acoustic guitar, mandolin, steel guitar and banjo all played by Myles; create an atmosphere and tone the allows his singing to be displayed at the front. And it works because the lyricism and his excellent singing are placed right where it should be. I found myself connecting with the songs on this album as his life journey is somewhat similar to my own growing up in a very religious home and its dogma but allowing ones self to mature and question yet still attempting to grasp to ones faith in a way that one can wrap their own head around in the actual world we live in. Of course others may take away something completely different and that is the beauty of art as it lends itself to individual interpretation.

Their isn't any incredibly great crafty or intriguing musicianship here but what is here is pleasantly enjoyable and familiar. It fits, it works for what he is trying to do. After a few listens thru I got it and appreciated this album even more. Over all this is a nice consistent album, a stinker or two but that is relative to the whole context of the quality of this album. According to Myles own admission it took him years to get the courage to put himself out there in a solo venture on these topics and in this style. My only negative thing I can say to Myles is, you cunt why did you make us wait so long for such a pleasant listening experience.

End of the day gave me an appreciation for Myles Kennedy as a singer and musician that I didn't have before and I found myself going back and enjoying some of Alter Bridge's work that I really never paid much attention to.

youtube playlist for this album. I really like the song "Haunted By Design" think it demonstrates the crap above that I was talking about.

Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3