The Thorn

Re: Tis the time for a new season

Post by The Thorn » Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:39 pm

daveboygreen wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:37 pm
Suspect Device wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:33 am
daveboygreen wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:29 am
Suspect Device wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:39 pm
daveboygreen wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:44 am

Few weeks ago...Virgin Tavern in Worcester...

14, 17, 13 darts and a 3-0 win

Was my first game in a round robin comp against Worcestershire county player Andy Pullen, 5 players in the group I got through in 2nd place winning 3 out of 4 matches, Won my last 8 match 4-3 then lost in the semis 4-1, Longer the night went on the worse I got to be fair, Was still struggling to be on my feet for so long throwing.
Top darts Dave! 14, 17, 13 in a 3-0 win equates to 102.48 or 34.16 per dart.

My best since my return to darts, mainly this year is a 2-0 win averaging in the 60's. Maybe we can meet up and you show me where I'm going wrong? Cheers, mate!
You are more than welcome to come and meet me at one of my practice venue's and I would be happy to teach you a lesson.
What kind of lesson? Is this where you teach others and what's your going rate? I'm interested 😁
A simple enough lesson...You turn up, I batter the fuck out of you on the dartboard and you end up lost for words on here and there is no charge.
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

Cooking with Sanchez

Post by Cooking with Sanchez » Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:40 pm

Starting to think SD is a dbg multiple.

Of course he will turn up as long as the averages aren’t recorded.
The Thorn wrote: Be honest Malt sometimes women deserve a slap or 2.

Suspect Device

Post by Suspect Device » Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:24 pm

Cooking with Sanchez wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:40 pm Starting to think SD is a dbg multiple.

The only multiple here is Dave's calculator when he scores 41 he times it by 3 to make it 123. In doing so constantly averages 100+ :lol:
Friday 19th May 2023 - Finally free of the bull shitting no mark of a dart player. :roll:

Suspect team: CT1 Filip Sebesta - Greg Ritchie - Jeroen Mioch - CT2 Sean Fisher - Charlie Martin - CT3 Owen Bates - CT4 Thibault Tricole

Suspect Device

Post by Suspect Device » Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:38 pm

daveboygreen wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:44 am

Few weeks ago...Virgin Tavern in Worcester...

14, 17, 13 darts and a 3-0 win

Was my first game in a round robin comp against Worcestershire county player Andy Pullen, 5 players in the group I got through in 2nd place winning 3 out of 4 matches, Won my last 8 match 4-3 then lost in the semis 4-1, Longer the night went on the worse I got to be fair, Was still struggling to be on my feet for so long throwing.

My best since my return to darts, mainly this year is a 2-0 win averaging in the 60's. Maybe we can meet up and you show me where I'm going wrong? Cheers, mate!
You are more than welcome to come and meet me at one of my practice venue's and I would be happy to teach you a lesson.
What kind of lesson? Is this where you teach others and what's your going rate? I'm interested 😁
A simple enough lesson...You turn up, I batter the fuck out of you on the dartboard and you end up lost for words on here and there is no charge.
Even Thorn would beat me in a non event. I don't know why I'd be lost for words though. I would post my admiration for such quality darts thrown. Out time will come when we meet in a tournament.

Until then you could have your very next tournament match filmed and post or link it here as you yourself said you regress the further you go in a tournament due to health issues.

I will look forward to watching your match as I'm sure others on the forum would. Stay sharp, stay focused and keep practicing.

P.S. I tapped you up to join me at Erdington last week but you were nowhere to be seen.

Cheers!
Friday 19th May 2023 - Finally free of the bull shitting no mark of a dart player. :roll:

Suspect team: CT1 Filip Sebesta - Greg Ritchie - Jeroen Mioch - CT2 Sean Fisher - Charlie Martin - CT3 Owen Bates - CT4 Thibault Tricole

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:07 pm

Suspect Device wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:38 pm

Even Thorn would beat me in a non event. I don't know why I'd be lost for words though. I would post my admiration for such quality darts thrown. Out time will come when we meet in a tournament.

Until then you could have your very next tournament match filmed and post or link it here as you yourself said you regress the further you go in a tournament due to health issues.

I will look forward to watching your match as I'm sure others on the forum would. Stay sharp, stay focused and keep practicing.

P.S. I tapped you up to join me at Erdington last week but you were nowhere to be seen.

Cheers!
No bottle...As I expected.

Given you don't work you must have a lot of time to kill, Im sure I could have moved work stuff around and made myself available one afternoon leaving you free in the evening to go play some ADC shite.

Cooking with Sanchez

Post by Cooking with Sanchez » Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:28 pm

Thirsty Device, there.

Suspect Device

Post by Suspect Device » Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:33 pm

daveboygreen wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:07 pm

Cheers!

Given you don't work you must have a lot of time to kill, Im sure I could have moved work stuff around and made myself available one afternoon leaving you free in the evening to go play some ADC shite.
About the filming bit...you seem to have missed it out.

Mabbsy

Post by Mabbsy » Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:03 am

Cooking with Sanchez wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:40 pm Starting to think SD is a dbg multiple.

+1

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:31 am

Suspect Device wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:33 pm

Cheers!

You can bring someone with you to record some footage of me destroying you but I hear you are a bit short on friends or anyone that likes you at all.

I have clips on my personal facebook page of games ive played that are available to see for my FRIENDS.....This obviously excludes yourself from being able to watch them.

Suspect Device

Post by Suspect Device » Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:10 pm

daveboygreen wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:31 am

Cheers!

You can bring someone with you to record some footage of me destroying you but I hear you are a bit short on friends or anyone that likes you at all.

I have clips on my personal facebook page of games ive played that are available to see for my FRIENDS.....This obviously excludes yourself from being able to watch them.
You're still not grasping my 62+ running average won't beat any half decent player let alone a quality player like yourself. I've never had a problem with anyone getting mouthy about playing me or saying I'm
running scared.

What I do say is that day will come when drawn against each other in a tournament. Then it's "game on." All it now requires is you to post the comps you're playing in (like I've done.) If it's a multi board set up I'll most likely attend. If it's played on a stage even better.

You didn't mention on here you were playing in a comp then weeks later you post about it with your 102+ average in a 3-0 win. I don't doubt you, though not sure others on here believe you.

Share the info DBG, when's your next comp?

Cheers, mate! :twisted:

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:13 pm

Suspect Device wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:10 pm
daveboygreen wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:31 am

Cheers!

You're still not grasping my 62+ running average won't beat any half decent player let alone a quality player like yourself. I've never had a problem with anyone getting mouthy about playing me or saying I'm
running scared.

What I do say is that day will come when drawn against each other in a tournament. Then it's "game on." All it now requires is you to post the comps you're playing in (like I've done.) If it's a multi board set up I'll most likely attend. If it's played on a stage even better.

You didn't mention on here you were playing in a comp then weeks later you post about it with your 102+ average in a 3-0 win. I don't doubt you, though not sure others on here believe you.

Share the info DBG, when's your next comp?

Cheers, mate! :twisted:
The comps at The Virgin tend to be a bit last minute when the Wednesday league have a free week but they don't close it off to just league players and allow players like me who are local and do not play in the league to play in them, The last one was advertised on the day and only 6 people turned up, The one before that which I played in had 20 turn up so its not exactly what I would call a proper comp...Just a bit of practice now and then when they put them on.

As for my next comp...Really not sure, At the moment I tend to decide the day before if I am going to anything so nothing concrete at the moment.

Cooking with Sanchez

Post by Cooking with Sanchez » Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:53 pm

Chatting away to himself.

Suspect Device

Post by Suspect Device » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:46 pm

Cooking with Sanchez wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:53 pm Chatting away to himself.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A full house of laughter just for you Sanchez :mrgreen:

If I actually did do that myself, by using a vpn obviously, I'd totally lose my mind instead of just losing it half the time.I

Me n dave would be like 2 blokes at the bar harping back in time 20/30 years ago. "When I was good..... "

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:26 pm

DBG. Do you not see the adc events as good practice opportunities? Seem to have enough solid players and a lot of group stage events for it to be worth someone of your standards time

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:51 pm

TheMalteseDart wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:26 pm DBG. Do you not see the adc events as good practice opportunities? Seem to have enough solid players and a lot of group stage events for it to be worth someone of your standards time
They could be but its not something that is top of my list of priorities right now, I remember seeing something on Facebook a while back that the landlord of one of the venues I used to play regular in was something to do with running our region so I did at the time think perhaps some events would be almost on my doorstep but we will see.

Im certainly not at the moment contemplating chasing points for things around the country.

Cooking with Sanchez

Post by Cooking with Sanchez » Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:04 am

Sure you’ll be in the seniors in a couple of years.

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:06 am

Cooking with Sanchez wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:04 am Sure you’ll be in the seniors in a couple of years.
While for me to go yet for that...

Every fucking time I post on here you reply instantly...Its quite sad really aint it Little fat lonely Liam.

Cooking with Sanchez

Post by Cooking with Sanchez » Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:21 am

Dry your eyes, mate.

Captain Hobo

Post by Captain Hobo » Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:24 am

daveboygreen wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:06 am
Cooking with Sanchez wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:04 am Sure you’ll be in the seniors in a couple of years.
5 years?
"The United States will be the first nation to land an astronaut on Nars"

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:23 pm

Captain Hobo wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:24 am
daveboygreen wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:06 am
5 years?