The Darts Forum - Darts Chat

{darts forum}

{Darts chat}

It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:02 am



Reply to topic  [ 5013 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 247, 248, 249, 250, 251  Next
 Cannibals - the most retarded forum comments ever thread... 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Posts: 16361
sennafan24 wrote:
"New and exciting content"

"BDO"

Do they not notice the contradiction?

Maybe they've bought a sitcom or something.

_________________
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops


Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:26 pm
Profile Send private message
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:49 am
Posts: 2923
Rogg wrote:
sennafan24 wrote:
"New and exciting content"

"BDO"

Do they not notice the contradiction?

Maybe they've bought a sitcom or something.


Whatever happened to the BDO


Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:27 pm
Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Posts: 16361
StevieBoy wrote:
Rogg wrote:
sennafan24 wrote:
"New and exciting content"

"BDO"

Do they not notice the contradiction?

Maybe they've bought a sitcom or something.


Whatever happened to the BDO

Stockport wonderkids Tony and Darryl are determined not to find out the WDF World Cup results, only to discover that England didn't even send a team.

_________________
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops


Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:36 pm
Profile Send private message
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:00 pm
Posts: 7936
:lol:

_________________
"Little scumbag" - Oche Balboa


Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:07 pm
Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 3:09 pm
Posts: 25104
Very good :D

_________________
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016


Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:08 pm
Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:07 pm
Posts: 1433
Some idiot replying on one of Burton's tweets: https://twitter.com/adamcolemancunn/sta ... 3499672577

"The bdo was far superior to the pdc till 2006 and all darts fans know that"


Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:23 pm
Profile Send private message
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:49 am
Posts: 2923
Rogg wrote:
StevieBoy wrote:
Rogg wrote:
sennafan24 wrote:
"New and exciting content"

"BDO"

Do they not notice the contradiction?

Maybe they've bought a sitcom or something.


Whatever happened to the BDO

Stockport wonderkids Tony and Darryl are determined not to find out the WDF World Cup results, only to discover that England didn't even send a team.


:lol: :lol:


Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:16 am
Profile Send private message
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Posts: 68904
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Fiss Plaps wrote:
Some idiot replying on one of Burton's tweets: https://twitter.com/adamcolemancunn/sta ... 3499672577

"The bdo was far superior to the pdc till 2006 and all darts fans know that"


Didn't know chemical fandarts was on Twitter.


Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:42 am
Profile Send private message
Online
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:24 am
Posts: 72221
The BDO was far better in 2006 and closer to the PDC than it is now without doubt. Whether it was better at all is open to discussion but it has to be remembered the PDC train was only leaving the sidings at that time

_________________
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life


Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:43 pm
Profile Send private message WWW
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:00 pm
Posts: 7936
Father Rout wrote:
The BDO was far better in 2006 and closer to the PDC than it is now without doubt. Whether it was better at all is open to discussion but it has to be remembered the PDC train was only leaving the sidings at that time

2005: The codes were about even. The PDC had the best player in Taylor, but the BDO had more depth.

2006: RVB switched to the PDC. This gave the PDC the edge because they had the two best players in the world, and a reasonable enough supporting cast.

2007: MVG, Klassen, and King switched to the PDC. Also, Wade and Lewis emerged as top players. This gave the PDC the depth that they needed. By the time Gando and Webster switched in 2009, the PDC had a near-monopoly on the top players.

Lakeshite was the decline from 2006 onward. But it was respectable enough up until around 2010/2011. That's when it really hit the skids. Lakeshite 2013 in particular was fucking dreadful.

_________________
"Little scumbag" - Oche Balboa


Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:58 pm
Profile Send private message
Online
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:24 am
Posts: 72221
sennafan24 wrote:
Father Rout wrote:
The BDO was far better in 2006 and closer to the PDC than it is now without doubt. Whether it was better at all is open to discussion but it has to be remembered the PDC train was only leaving the sidings at that time

2005: The codes were about even. The PDC had the best player in Taylor, but the BDO had more depth.

2006: RVB switched to the PDC. This gave the PDC the edge because they had the two best players in the world, and a reasonable enough supporting cast.

2007: MVG, Klassen, and King switched to the PDC. Also, Wade and Lewis emerged as top players. This gave the PDC the depth that they needed. By the time Gando and Webster switched in 2009, the PDC had a near-monopoly on the top players.

Lakeshite was the decline from 2006 onward. But it was respectable enough up until around 2010/2011. That's when it really hit the skids. Lakeshite 2013 in particular was fucking dreadful.


The early days the PDC had Taylor and Priestly but look at the round robin world's, was dire. There was a slow progression but wasn't instant superiority as some would have us believe

_________________
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life


Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:38 pm
Profile Send private message WWW
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:00 pm
Posts: 7936
Father Rout wrote:
The early days the PDC had Taylor and Priestly but look at the round robin world's, was dire. There was a slow progression but wasn't instant superiority as some would have us believe

I only started watching PDC darts when my parents got SKY in 1999. The early years of the PDC are a bit of a mystery to me.

The one thing I do believe is that Taylor was the best player from the mid-1990s onward. Having the best player greatly benefited the PDC. I don't think many would argue that the BDO had more depth in the late 90s.

_________________
"Little scumbag" - Oche Balboa


Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:11 pm
Profile Send private message
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:00 pm
Posts: 7936
Cited on TSOD. I presume it originated from Facebook:

Quote:
Steve Egerton
Tommy Thompson is there a stream planned for friday mate ?

Tommy Thompson
yes streamed friday from 2.30pm

Steve Egerton
Thank god thought id miss the start of my favourite event to watch.
Cheers mate


Fucking hell.

_________________
"Little scumbag" - Oche Balboa


Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:17 pm
Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:41 am
Posts: 4653
Location: Tipping cows in fields Elysian
What shower of shit is this weekend?

_________________
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation


Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:18 pm
Profile Send private message

Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:20 pm
Posts: 1148
cannibal wrote:
What shower of shit is this weekend?


The Six Nations. #england #pride #davidbeckham


Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:12 am
Profile Send private message
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:00 pm
Posts: 7936
I know it was said last weekend about the EDO.

But fucking hell, what a stupid weekend to pay a channel to show a darts event. They are going up against the World Cup, Live Boxing on BT and CH5, F1, Test Cricket, and probably more.

_________________
"Little scumbag" - Oche Balboa


Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:11 am
Profile Send private message
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Posts: 68904
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
How can that genuinely be anyone's favourite event?
One legged, low quality, pointless, crap.


Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:30 am
Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 3:09 pm
Posts: 25104
sennafan24 wrote:
I know it was said last weekend about the EDO.

But fucking hell, what a stupid weekend to pay a channel to show a darts event. They are going up against the World Cup, Live Boxing on BT and CH5, F1, Test Cricket, and probably more.
And directly against an England game on the Sunday this time.

_________________
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016


Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:41 am
Profile Send private message

Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:07 pm
Posts: 1536
That batch of whiny complaints about TSOD's supposed anti-BDO bias that was posted on one of the Fanatics FB groups is pretty hilarious. Will anyone among TSOD's brass now realize how idiotic it has been to try to cater to those people (for "balance" reasons, don'tchaknow) for the last few years? Not likely, I guess.


Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:29 am
Profile Send private message
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:00 pm
Posts: 7936
Zeyes wrote:
That batch of whiny complaints about TSOD's supposed anti-BDO bias that was posted on one of the Fanatics FB groups is pretty hilarious. Will anyone among TSOD's brass now realize how idiotic it has been to try to cater to those people (for "balance" reasons, don'tchaknow) for the last few years? Not likely, I guess.

"thedartsforum.com is TSOD x100" - Oche Balboa

_________________
"Little scumbag" - Oche Balboa


Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:41 am
Profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 5013 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 247, 248, 249, 250, 251  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 21 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware.