Darts articles in the Media thread

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
mcgrave

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by mcgrave » Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:12 am

Use Google Translate my friends, spicy details about Kim, World Cup debacle, Mike and Dimi etc..

https://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20240226_97330328

https://www.hln.be/darts/ik-maak-u-kapo ... ~a49edb87/

Kim even punched Mike outside the Barnsley Metrodome..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn 2201123G met Tapatalk

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:45 am

KIM HUYBRECHTS RECEIVES HEFTY FINE FROM DISCIPLINARY COMMITTEE AFTER AGGRESSIVE AND INAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOR TOWARD COMPATRIOTS

https://dartsnews.com/pdc/kim-huybrecht ... ompatriots

ChrisW

Post by ChrisW » Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:54 am

This is the video mentioned.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:43 pm

"I threw well this time, but it just fell against me" - Wesley Plaisier reacts to disappointment of Q-School

https://dartsnews.com/pdc/i-threw-well- ... f-q-school
not a girl

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:02 pm

Rogg wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:43 pm "I threw well this time, but it just fell against me" - Wesley Plaisier reacts to disappointment of Q-School

https://dartsnews.com/pdc/i-threw-well- ... f-q-school
"Well thrown darts"
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:14 am

Jamaica is set to become the epicentre of darts in Latin America and the Caribbean between July 19 and 27, when the Montego Bay Convention Centre hosts the Professional Darts Corporation (PDC) qualifier, which will be staged alongside the Caribbean Cup Darts Championship.

https://jamaica-star.com/article/sports ... -pdc-darts
not a girl

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:25 am

They plucked the Fallon line for headline clicks. Jermy covers a few topics here. His goal this year is to win a Players Championship.

''It's not easy to play against a lady" - Jermaine Wattimena reflects on dramatic World Darts Championship win over Fallon Sherrock

https://dartsnews.com/pdc/its-not-easy- ... n-sherrock
not a girl

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:16 pm

Laugh it up Vincenzo. Seems like Co Stompe has accumulated a surprising number of enemies, incidentally.

"IT'S ALL A BIT CHILDISH ANYWAY, BUT I THINK IT'S PRETTY FUNNY" - VINCENT VAN DER VOORT ON ROW IN BELGIAN CAMP

https://dartsnews.com/pdc/its-all-a-bit ... lgian-camp
not a girl

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:25 pm

Rogg wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:16 pm Laugh it up Vincenzo. Seems like Co Stompe has accumulated a surprising number of enemies, incidentally.

"IT'S ALL A BIT CHILDISH ANYWAY, BUT I THINK IT'S PRETTY FUNNY" - VINCENT VAN DER VOORT ON ROW IN BELGIAN CAMP

Makes me like Co even more :)

I wonder what Headshaker's issue was with him?

oche balboa wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:58 am Would be a cold day in hell before you two have a disagreement. I thought you was the same person. perhaps you are brothers

Who knows....

Who cares.....

oche balboa

Post by oche balboa » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:36 pm

I've heard a story about Co Stompe
The Thorn wrote: ↑Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:39 pm
Rather top myself than watch 1 minute of this shite

Thorn about Modus Super Series in 2021 - He now is an avid fan

Brainbox

Post by Brainbox » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:39 pm

I saw Co Stompe at a Sainsbury's in Crawley yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a prick and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Dairy Milks in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical inferference,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
Vile man.

Greipel

Post by Greipel » Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:35 pm

Brainbox, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.

Brainbox

Post by Brainbox » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:41 pm

Greipel

Post by Greipel » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:32 pm

Brainbox, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.

ChrisW

Post by ChrisW » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:12 pm

https://dartsnews.com/pdc/you-have-to-b ... -and-darts

"Yes, of course. It's just the same in billiards, but because we had world-class players there that was hushed up. That was not a pub sport and darts was. I can't stand that. In darts there is drinking, but it is controlled. I even advised an ex-topper to drink quietly while training. If you don't and you go to a tournament on the weekend where everyone is drinking, you are at a serious disadvantage. Nobody says you have to be ladder-sat at the oche, you choose how far you go in that,'' concludes the three-time Belgian champion.

Brainbox

Post by Brainbox » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:32 pm

ChrisW wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:12 pm https://dartsnews.com/pdc/you-have-to-b ... -and-darts

"Yes, of course. It's just the same in billiards, but because we had world-class players there that was hushed up. That was not a pub sport and darts was. I can't stand that. In darts there is drinking, but it is controlled. I even advised an ex-topper to drink quietly while training. If you don't and you go to a tournament on the weekend where everyone is drinking, you are at a serious disadvantage. Nobody says you have to be ladder-sat at the oche, you choose how far you go in that,'' concludes the three-time Belgian champion.
This post encourages alcoholism. Post reported.

PT13

Post by PT13 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:18 pm

sennafan24 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:25 pm
Rogg wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:16 pm Laugh it up Vincenzo. Seems like Co Stompe has accumulated a surprising number of enemies, incidentally.

Makes me like Co even more :)

I wonder what Headshaker's issue was with him?

Co Stompe has a less serious sense of humour compared to a lot of Dutch players. Raymond van Barneveld, and even more so Vincent van der Voort, can really sulk when things go wrong. A lot of Dutch are notorious for falling out over silly things, and it's the old Calvinist culture of "always be true to yourself" as well as the sense of destiny mindset that Barney always seems to have during big events of his career.

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:24 pm

PT13 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:18 pm Co Stompe has a less serious sense of humour compared to a lot of Dutch players. Raymond van Barneveld, and even more so Vincent van der Voort, can really sulk when things go wrong. A lot of Dutch are notorious for falling out over silly things, and it's the old Calvinist culture of "always be true to yourself" as well as the sense of destiny mindset that Barney always seems to have during big events of his career.
Stompe and Barney were close friends at one point IIRC.

So I assume their friendship had peaks and troughs.
oche balboa wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:58 am Would be a cold day in hell before you two have a disagreement. I thought you was the same person. perhaps you are brothers

Who knows....

Who cares.....

PT13

Post by PT13 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:41 pm

sennafan24 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:24 pm
PT13 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:18 pm Co Stompe has a less serious sense of humour compared to a lot of Dutch players. Raymond van Barneveld, and even more so Vincent van der Voort, can really sulk when things go wrong. A lot of Dutch are notorious for falling out over silly things, and it's the old Calvinist culture of "always be true to yourself" as well as the sense of destiny mindset that Barney always seems to have during big events of his career.
Stompe and Barney were close friends at one point IIRC.

So I assume their friendship had peaks and troughs.
+1. Vincent seems to dislike Co a lot more. Barney might sulk for a period, but then he's usually fine. Barney did have a long term rivalry with Fordham, which Fordham detailed in his autobiography, but most players have a good or a hot-cold thing with Barney. A lot of players are just baffled by Barney's odd sulky attitude at times on the oche, where he didn't seem to be enjoying playing darts even. I think I understand Barney's attitude, which is admittedly very complex. Barney plays to be the best and to win the biggest tournaments, and he has seldom done that from 2008 onwards (only 2 TV events won from 2008 onwards, i.e. the 2012 Grand Slam and the 2014 Premier League), yet Barney also has that Calvinist sense of destiny, so he believes that by playing on he will inevitably get some more big moments in his career and the ultimate would be another World Championship.

Vincent said the early 2000s was when Barney and Co didn't get on. That's when Barney wasn't winning Embassy titles at Lakeside, so he would be sensitive to certain senses of humour.

Brainbox

Post by Brainbox » Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:49 pm

Isn't Barney doing chocolate milk adverts now?