Darts articles in the Media thread

Chat and Gossip About Professional and Ever More Farcical BDO Darts
Post Reply
User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 86663
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by Randall » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:24 am

Steve wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:22 am
Martin Adams would finish the BDO off within 12 months
Quicker than turner and hammond can hit d1 then
Image

whereisman
Posts: 725
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by whereisman » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:06 pm

Randall wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:24 am
Quicker than turner and hammond can hit d1 then
Be fair to Turner, she nearly hit it first dart... of the match.

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 86663
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by Randall » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:13 pm

whereisman wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:06 pm
Randall wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:24 am
Quicker than turner and hammond can hit d1 then
Be fair to Turner, she nearly hit it first dart... of the match.
:lol:
Image


User avatar
Tommo
Posts: 7812
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:01 am
Location: East Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by Tommo » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:32 pm

They're all here!

User avatar
Aitobs
Posts: 196
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:40 pm
Contact:

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by Aitobs » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:21 pm

Devon Petersen and Jelle Klaasen are competing in a sponsored competitive weight loss challenge for the Make-A-Wish foundation. They're aiming to raise £10,000. Entrants will donate £10 and predict how much weight either Devon or Jelle will lose between now and the World Matchplay in July- whoever comes closest will win signed shirts, darts, and 2 tickets to the World Matchplay.

This is an interesting one because neither Petersen or Klaasen are really overweight anyway. Would have been better if they could have roped in Michael Smith, Adrian Lewis or Andy 'The Pieman' Smith to take part!

whereisman
Posts: 725
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by whereisman » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:39 pm

Aitobs wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:21 pm
Devon Petersen and Jelle Klaasen are competing in a sponsored competitive weight loss challenge for the Make-A-Wish foundation. They're aiming to raise £10,000. Entrants will donate £10 and predict how much weight either Devon or Jelle will lose between now and the World Matchplay in July- whoever comes closest will win signed shirts, darts, and 2 tickets to the World Matchplay.

This is an interesting one because neither Petersen or Klaasen are really overweight anyway. Would have been better if they could have roped in Michael Smith, Adrian Lewis or Andy 'The Pieman' Smith to take part!
Isn't make a wish to do with kids? Klaasen probably not the best pick in that case...

User avatar
trainer
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by trainer » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:47 pm

whereisman wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:39 pm
Aitobs wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:21 pm
Devon Petersen and Jelle Klaasen are competing in a sponsored competitive weight loss challenge for the Make-A-Wish foundation. They're aiming to raise £10,000. Entrants will donate £10 and predict how much weight either Devon or Jelle will lose between now and the World Matchplay in July- whoever comes closest will win signed shirts, darts, and 2 tickets to the World Matchplay.

This is an interesting one because neither Petersen or Klaasen are really overweight anyway. Would have been better if they could have roped in Michael Smith, Adrian Lewis or Andy 'The Pieman' Smith to take part!
Isn't make a wish to do with kids? Klaasen probably not the best pick in that case...
Make a wish? Bet Klaasen wishes he neve sent a picture of his erect cock to that kid!

TheShadows
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:59 pm
Contact:

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by TheShadows » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:28 pm

Aitobs wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:21 pm
Devon Petersen and Jelle Klaasen are competing in a sponsored competitive weight loss challenge for the Make-A-Wish foundation. They're aiming to raise £10,000. Entrants will donate £10 and predict how much weight either Devon or Jelle will lose between now and the World Matchplay in July- whoever comes closest will win signed shirts, darts, and 2 tickets to the World Matchplay.

This is an interesting one because neither Petersen or Klaasen are really overweight anyway. Would have been better if they could have roped in Michael Smith, Adrian Lewis or Andy 'The Pieman' Smith to take part!
Get Mr Ben in to it, he probably loses more weight after a dump than these two will combined.

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 29111
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by Rogg » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:15 pm

This is worth a read. Good old Martijn. Let's get him a tour card.


Martijn Kleermaker insists ‘fool’ Des Jacklin must resign as BDO chairman after prize money mess

https://metro.co.uk/2020/01/15/martijn- ... -12065361/
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 86663
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by Randall » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:18 pm

I like the cut of his jib
Image

User avatar
The Ginge Reaper
Posts: 28599
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 3:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:19 pm

Ooft, that is lovely.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

Zeyes
Posts: 2998
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by Zeyes » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:35 pm

Is that the first time an active tour player has dared to bring up the ridiculousness of the shared DesPaula Facebook account being used for official correspondence?

User avatar
The Ginge Reaper
Posts: 28599
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 3:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:36 pm

Zeyes wrote:Is that the first time an active tour player has dared to bring up the ridiculousness of the shared DesPaula Facebook account being used for official correspondence?
As far as I know, yes. He has clearly had enough, fair play to him.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

User avatar
SuperSwede
Posts: 763
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:03 am
Contact:

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by SuperSwede » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:19 am

The Dutch are always great value, if they think something they usually say it, good stuff.

User avatar
tungsten tossers
Posts: 2811
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:09 pm
Location: Surrey
Contact:

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by tungsten tossers » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:28 am

The Ginge Reaper wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:36 pm
Zeyes wrote:Is that the first time an active tour player has dared to bring up the ridiculousness of the shared DesPaula Facebook account being used for official correspondence?
As far as I know, yes. He has clearly had enough, fair play to him.
Great stuff, it is a shame that a few of the bigger named Uk players haven't come out and said the same.
I really hope he gets his tour card now, but if not, at least we know Des will avoid him like the plague for as long as he remains in charge

Zeyes
Posts: 2998
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by Zeyes » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:33 am

I'd bet Kleermaker would do the Challenge Tour and Euro Tour quals full-time if he doesn't get a card, and just play a handful of WDF opens on the continent to supplement that without actually chasing ranking points. He already skipped the Masters last year and he's clearly not expecting much in the way of future BDO "majors".

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 29111
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by Rogg » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:30 pm

"Jez Jacklin"... and other errors.
"Jez"


Dearth of sponsorship income prompts huge fall in BDO World darts prize money


https://www.sportbusiness.com/news/lack ... ize-money/
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
DartJack Horseman
Posts: 1321
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:53 pm
Location: Eastern Block
Contact:

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by DartJack Horseman » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:56 pm

What? When?
PDC chairman Barry Hearn recently revealed that he had been unsuccessful with a £2m takeover offer for the BDO.
Of this I knew:
Hearn also failed with a £1m takeover bid in 2009.

User avatar
The Ginge Reaper
Posts: 28599
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 3:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:58 pm

DartJack Horseman wrote:
What? When?
PDC chairman Barry Hearn recently revealed that he had been unsuccessful with a £2m takeover offer for the BDO.
Of this I knew:
Hearn also failed with a £1m takeover bid in 2009.
Think it included an extra million to share amongst the countries, didnt it?
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

Post Reply
Users browsing this forum: ILAD and 4 guests