Darts articles in the Media thread

Chat and Gossip About Professional and Ever More Farcical BDO Darts
Safc

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by Safc » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:23 pm

Only major i would change venue is Grand Prix.

Matchplay,Worlds,UK Open,Players Championship Finals and Grand Slam (Civic) are all fine where they are

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:14 pm

I think most agree that the Grand Prix needs a change of venue.
"Little scumbag" - Oche Balboa

Emulsfier

Post by Emulsfier » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:56 pm

Stick the Grand Prix in Scotland or Wales, and move it to the middle of May.

StevieBoy

Post by StevieBoy » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:53 pm

Emulsfier wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:56 pm
Stick the Grand Prix in Scotland or Wales, and move it to the middle of May.
Why Scotland or Wales?

Gidra

Post by Gidra » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:59 pm

Whats the problem with Grand prix in Ireland last few years?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP2u4wJcnS0

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:07 am

Gidra wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:59 pm
Whats the problem with Grand prix in Ireland last few years?
Atmosphere is a bit shite, though granted it's in the absolute arse end of Dublin and is a nightmare to get to. Still, I think everyone can agree that the Netherlands could do with hosting some genuinely major events
'Orns

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:16 pm

thegentle wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:38 pm

Some big ideas for the European Tour, tentatively planning 20 events all across Europe with a £6m total prize fund, though from this it sounds more like it's being thrown out there rather than them having any concrete plans so far
The PDC have been talking for years about the golf pro tour and emulating that approach. I admit I don't follow golf. But seems to me they want to have two pro tiers. One for the top players then a mixed pro to semi pro tier.Futher it seems that the ETs are what they are banking on to do the split, but they just haven't reached the number of events they needed in the ETs to do that.
I'm guessing the idea is to have enough ETs worth the payouts so tip players are inclined to do those and do less of the PCs. Not convinced that as of now is the way forward but it is the right thinking as the top players are playing a lot of events with no layoff. It really comes down to creating the right incentives for the top players as well as making sure the break thru players play enough but have some time off to develop as well. Tricky balancing act for everyone
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:04 am

Some mort shitstirring from the MEtro, following the article with Jim Williams...

https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/14/kyle-mck ... g-9952496/
‘I’ve qualified for the World Trophy, but nobody knows where it’s at,’ McKinstry continued. ‘I’ve text and rang [BDO chairman] Des Jacklin, but he won’t even reply to my calls or messages. ‘My manager’s onto me looking to book flights and hotels and I don’t even know where it is! We can’t book anything, it’s frustrating, we’ve lost the points from last year because it hasn’t been played. I’ve lost 28 points. ‘I’m not confident about it, I don’t think it is going to happen, to be quite honest, I don’t think the World Trophy is going to go ahead. ‘And if the World Trophy isn’t going to go ahead, which is one of the main ones which Des signed this contract for last year, the World Championship, the World Masters and the World Trophy, if the first one doesn’t go ahead, it makes you think about Lakeshite. Is Lakeshite going to go ahead? It makes you think. ‘I don’t think he’s lying, but if he could just tell the players involved and say it’s going to be in Manchester or wherever, or even near there, if you book to Manchester you’ll be safe enough. You don’t need to do a whole big speech, just tell the players because it’s not fair on them.’
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:06 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:04 am
Some mort shitstirring from the MEtro, following the article with Jim Williams...

https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/14/kyle-mck ... g-9952496/
‘I’ve qualified for the World Trophy, but nobody knows where it’s at,’ McKinstry continued. ‘I’ve text and rang [BDO chairman] Des Jacklin, but he won’t even reply to my calls or messages. ‘My manager’s onto me looking to book flights and hotels and I don’t even know where it is! We can’t book anything, it’s frustrating, we’ve lost the points from last year because it hasn’t been played. I’ve lost 28 points. ‘I’m not confident about it, I don’t think it is going to happen, to be quite honest, I don’t think the World Trophy is going to go ahead. ‘And if the World Trophy isn’t going to go ahead, which is one of the main ones which Des signed this contract for last year, the World Championship, the World Masters and the World Trophy, if the first one doesn’t go ahead, it makes you think about Lakeshite. Is Lakeshite going to go ahead? It makes you think. ‘I don’t think he’s lying, but if he could just tell the players involved and say it’s going to be in Manchester or wherever, or even near there, if you book to Manchester you’ll be safe enough. You don’t need to do a whole big speech, just tell the players because it’s not fair on them.’
How the fuck can Uncle Des even give the players a clue when he doesn't know where, when or even if an event is actually going to happen?
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

StevieBoy

Post by StevieBoy » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:20 pm

He could just make it up! lol

Fiss Plaps

Post by Fiss Plaps » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:43 pm

McKinstry & Williams have fallen straight back into mushroom mode following their failures to get Tour Cards, the latter embarrassingly so.

I wonder if Sunshine Radio's star threw that game against Osbourne at Q-School that eliminated him from contention.
2x 2019 Q-School Lucky Dip winner! About as valuable as the Lakeshite piss pot!

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:10 pm

Fiss Plaps wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:43 pm
McKinstry & Williams have fallen straight back into mushroom mode following their failures to get Tour Cards, the latter embarrassingly so.

I wonder if Sunshine Radio's star threw that game against Osbourne at Q-School that eliminated him from contention.
BeeDeeO Killed the (Sunshine) Radio Star
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops