Darts articles in the Media thread

Chat and Gossip About Professional and Ever More Farcical BDO Darts
Post Reply
User avatar
The Thorn
Posts: 9387
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:36 pm
Contact:

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by The Thorn » Thu May 02, 2019 4:14 pm

"I could go ride in speedway with Nicolai Klindt or Chris Holder but that does not make me as good as them," said Mitchell.
No you couldn't, you fat bastard. You couldn't even climb on a speedway bike let alone ride it.

User avatar
thegentle
Posts: 4446
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:52 am
Location: The city of the 120 finish
Contact:

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by thegentle » Thu May 02, 2019 5:26 pm

Rogg wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 4:11 pm
Scott Mitchell on Rafael van der Vaart. I don't think I can achieve an opinion on this.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport ... h-to-darts
...
"I could go ride in speedway with Nicolai Klindt or Chris Holder but that does not make me as good as them," said Mitchell.

"It sounds very negative but in darts you need to be able to do it yourself – there is no other person to do it for you.

"Only time will tell but I wish him luck and hope he does well.

"I am sure he can do it because if he didn't feel he could perform and do something, I don't think he would enter.

"To compete in a world ranking tournament is not like going to your local pub, up the Dog and Duck, entering a tournament of four pints of beer for the winner.

"We are talking about an international ranked event and he must be able to play, otherwise he would not be going to Denmark."
#dartsforall
'Orns

User avatar
Fiss Plaps
Posts: 4724
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:07 pm
Location: Quadruple 20
Contact:

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by Fiss Plaps » Thu May 02, 2019 6:05 pm

Rogg wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 4:11 pm
Scott Mitchell on Rafael van der Vaart. I don't think I can achieve an opinion on this.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport ... h-to-darts
...
"I could go ride in speedway with Nicolai Klindt or Chris Holder but that does not make me as good as them," said Mitchell.

"It sounds very negative but in darts you need to be able to do it yourself – there is no other person to do it for you.

"Only time will tell but I wish him luck and hope he does well.

"I am sure he can do it because if he didn't feel he could perform and do something, I don't think he would enter.

"To compete in a world ranking tournament is not like going to your local pub, up the Dog and Duck, entering a tournament of four pints of beer for the winner.

"We are talking about an international ranked event and he must be able to play, otherwise he would not be going to Denmark."
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Big Jobbo's pissed-up Prague video where?
2x 2019 Q-School Lucky Dip winner! About as valuable as the Lakeshite piss pot!

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 22894
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by Rogg » Sat May 04, 2019 12:28 pm

Fiss Plaps wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 6:05 pm
Rogg wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 4:11 pm
Scott Mitchell on Rafael van der Vaart. I don't think I can achieve an opinion on this.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport ... h-to-darts
...
"I could go ride in speedway with Nicolai Klindt or Chris Holder but that does not make me as good as them," said Mitchell.

"It sounds very negative but in darts you need to be able to do it yourself – there is no other person to do it for you.

"Only time will tell but I wish him luck and hope he does well.

"I am sure he can do it because if he didn't feel he could perform and do something, I don't think he would enter.

"To compete in a world ranking tournament is not like going to your local pub, up the Dog and Duck, entering a tournament of four pints of beer for the winner.

"We are talking about an international ranked event and he must be able to play, otherwise he would not be going to Denmark."
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Big Jobbo's pissed-up Prague video where?
I feel that this does the job. This was the BBC's final Lakeshite, I can't imagine why. Tbf the deranged farmer is probably right that you wouldn't do this in your local pub.

Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 22894
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by Rogg » Sun May 05, 2019 11:59 am

thegentle wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 5:26 pm
Rogg wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 4:11 pm
Scott Mitchell on Rafael van der Vaart. I don't think I can achieve an opinion on this.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport ... h-to-darts
...
"I could go ride in speedway with Nicolai Klindt or Chris Holder but that does not make me as good as them," said Mitchell.

"It sounds very negative but in darts you need to be able to do it yourself – there is no other person to do it for you.

"Only time will tell but I wish him luck and hope he does well.

"I am sure he can do it because if he didn't feel he could perform and do something, I don't think he would enter.

"To compete in a world ranking tournament is not like going to your local pub, up the Dog and Duck, entering a tournament of four pints of beer for the winner.

"We are talking about an international ranked event and he must be able to play, otherwise he would not be going to Denmark."
#dartsforall
Rather revealing that he didn't go in his favoured direction of sucking up to sportspeople and instead decided to be a pompous arse about it all. The preposterous diva doesn't want them on his own patch, clearly.
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
cannibal
Posts: 5685
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:41 am
Location: Tipping cows in fields Elysian
Contact:

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by cannibal » Wed May 08, 2019 7:02 pm

where to fucking start on this fat useless fuck Mitchell and his opinion. Have we gotten so soft on this forum that quality criticism of this fat fucking heifer humper gets away with such little slagging on his stupidity?

On the issue of it isn't like speedway. Of course it is not as in speedway you have to show some proficiency to be included on a team. It isn't like darts where you can plunk your quid down and be in the draw of any event sanctioned by the BDO (excluding 3 "majors"). The fact that any useless pub crawling scum who can throw a dart can show up and put his quid down proves they aren't "professional" events. They are events that so called "Pro" players compete in against hundreds of amateurs.

On the issue of VDVaart's ability proven because he entered; see the previous point any useless fuck can show up and plunk his quid down to enter. It has nothing to do with ability. International event, local event whatever it is; are actually pretty similiar. You have the dosh and desire to play you can. So the only thing that really distinguishes these events is how many matches you have to play and the regional variance in talent. I am sure that there are some local events in the dog and duck that are loaded with talent given where they are in the UK. Denmark lets be honest isn't a hot bed of darting talent. The only thing that makes it worth while is the fact that a bunch of second tier players show up on mass to participate because it offer some shitty BDO points that can be cashed into play in some "major" events no one knows where the fuck they are going to be played. Because every year or two it is a rat scatter to find a sponsor and a TV deal. And Mitchell and the retard journalist label this "professional"?

This is just more proof that mushrooms are absolutely deluded in their thinking of how important the BDO code is or what it actually is. In reality is is a massive piss up tour for anyone that wants to give it a go and puts their money down to enter. A glorified dog and duck comp, that just happens to have a few hundred more useless cunts that either are weekend warrior shit or BDO travel club mental midgets that don't have the balls to compete against the best in a true system for professionals and aspiring professionals. i.e. BDO is by ever definition an amateur circuit.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

User avatar
Safc
Posts: 1168
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:36 pm
Location: North East
Contact:

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by Safc » Wed May 08, 2019 8:30 pm

cannibal wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:02 pm
where to fucking start on this fat useless fuck Mitchell and his opinion. Have we gotten so soft on this forum that quality criticism of this fat fucking heifer humper gets away with such little slagging on his stupidity?

On the issue of it isn't like speedway. Of course it is not as in speedway you have to show some proficiency to be included on a team. It isn't like darts where you can plunk your quid down and be in the draw of any event sanctioned by the BDO (excluding 3 "majors"). The fact that any useless pub crawling scum who can throw a dart can show up and put his quid down proves they aren't "professional" events. They are events that so called "Pro" players compete in against hundreds of amateurs.

On the issue of VDVaart's ability proven because he entered; see the previous point any useless fuck can show up and plunk his quid down to enter. It has nothing to do with ability. International event, local event whatever it is; are actually pretty similiar. You have the dosh and desire to play you can. So the only thing that really distinguishes these events is how many matches you have to play and the regional variance in talent. I am sure that there are some local events in the dog and duck that are loaded with talent given where they are in the UK. Denmark lets be honest isn't a hot bed of darting talent. The only thing that makes it worth while is the fact that a bunch of second tier players show up on mass to participate because it offer some shitty BDO points that can be cashed into play in some "major" events no one knows where the fuck they are going to be played. Because every year or two it is a rat scatter to find a sponsor and a TV deal. And Mitchell and the retard journalist label this "professional"?

This is just more proof that mushrooms are absolutely deluded in their thinking of how important the BDO code is or what it actually is. In reality is is a massive piss up tour for anyone that wants to give it a go and puts their money down to enter. A glorified dog and duck comp, that just happens to have a few hundred more useless cunts that either are weekend warrior shit or BDO travel club mental midgets that don't have the balls to compete against the best in a true system for professionals and aspiring professionals. i.e. BDO is by ever definition an amateur circuit.
Spot on

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 22894
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by Rogg » Wed May 15, 2019 2:17 pm

It's a long one, by someone who appears to be an American.


Darts for Darts’ Sake
How a pub game became the second-biggest televised sport in England … and maybe soon America

https://www.theringer.com/sports/2019/5 ... orporation
At his office in Essex, Hearn surveyed the more than 100 countries where darts is now shown on one device or another. “This world’s changing too fucking fast for an old man like me,” he said.

“I doubt that,” I said politely.

“I doubt that, as well,” Hearn said. “I’m just saying it to hear you say it.”
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
Tommo
Posts: 7039
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:01 am
Location: East Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by Tommo » Thu May 23, 2019 2:00 pm

They're all here!

Post Reply
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests