Darts articles in the Media thread

Chat and Gossip About Professional and Ever More Farcical BDO Darts
Post Reply
User avatar
M H
Site Admin
Posts: 74204
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:24 am
Contact:

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by M H » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:16 pm

Possible loads to be honest Bob Anderson was good if it's still here
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 77888
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by Randall » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:22 pm

Father Rout wrote:Possible loads to be honest Bob Anderson was good if it's still here
Found it
Image

User avatar
M H
Site Admin
Posts: 74204
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:24 am
Contact:

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by M H » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:25 pm

Randall wrote:
Father Rout wrote:Possible loads to be honest Bob Anderson was good if it's still here
Found it
Snap mate
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 77888
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by Randall » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:26 pm

Don't see any others
If you remember specific names I've missed would be easier to search that way.
Image

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 23409
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by Rogg » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:17 pm

A numbers game: Kirk Bevins on an obsession with numbers, life as a darts referee and conquering Countdown

https://sportsgazette.co.uk/a-numbers-g ... countdown/
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
Fiss Plaps
Posts: 4928
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:07 pm
Location: Quadruple 20
Contact:

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by Fiss Plaps » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:29 pm

An interview with Dazzler: https://www.live-darts.com/category/dar ... -20180917/
"The BDO has been going downhill for the last few years," Fitton told Live Darts.

"What the new Chairman has done is open the gates for more people to enter the tournaments. It's got to be a positive but no matter what he does, he'll have his fans and his haters, that's the problem with the BDO system."

"It's difficult in the BDO system, you're playing on different dartboards, different formats and throws. You could be playing in Holland or Belgium and have to wait until the person on the board next to you has thrown before you can throw, it's a cramped system. It makes things totally different and a lot harder."

"In the PDC, there's plenty of room, you can swing a cat."
Is anyone really surprised?
2x 2019 Q-School Lucky Dip winner! About as valuable as the Lakeshite piss pot!

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 77888
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by Randall » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:02 am

Yet despite all that room he wasn't anywhere close to good enough.
What a tool
Image

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 23409
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by Rogg » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:36 am

Fiss Plaps wrote:An interview with Dazzler: https://www.live-darts.com/category/dar ... -20180917/
"The BDO has been going downhill for the last few years," Fitton told Live Darts.

"What the new Chairman has done is open the gates for more people to enter the tournaments. It's got to be a positive but no matter what he does, he'll have his fans and his haters, that's the problem with the BDO system."

"It's difficult in the BDO system, you're playing on different dartboards, different formats and throws. You could be playing in Holland or Belgium and have to wait until the person on the board next to you has thrown before you can throw, it's a cramped system. It makes things totally different and a lot harder."

"In the PDC, there's plenty of room, you can swing a cat."
Is anyone really surprised?
Oh dear. Funny remembering how pompous he was about darts codes in his prime. All gone now. Time to be a bit quiet I think.
2007: "I have been in talks about signing up for the PDC, there is an offer on the table. But I've now told them what I want so it's just a case of them coming back to me again."
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 77888
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by Randall » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:46 am

Delusions of grandeur.
Image

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 23409
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by Rogg » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:49 am

Randall wrote:Delusions of adequacy.
Fixed.
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 77888
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by Randall » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:54 am

Amazed he is happy with more competition.
He's already proved he can't cope with pdc jobbers at q school.
Image

User avatar
M H
Site Admin
Posts: 74204
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:24 am
Contact:

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by M H » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:13 pm

Sounds like a lot of bitterness and self inflicted. Had he switched ten years back he would have earned a decent crust without ever troubling the top ten
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 77888
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by Randall » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:19 pm

Father Rout wrote:Sounds like a lot of bitterness and self inflicted. Had he switched ten years back he would have earned a decent crust without ever troubling the top ten
Doubt he would have made the top 32.
Image

Zeyes
Posts: 2767
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by Zeyes » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:37 pm

Was a different time. Plenty of worse players made the top 32 back then. I mean, surely Fitton wasn't any worse than, say, Co Stompé? He was the #17 seed at the last Worlds before the tour card system came in.

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 77888
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by Randall » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:01 pm

Zeyes wrote:Was a different time. Plenty of worse players made the top 32 back then. I mean, surely Fitton wasn't any worse than, say, Co Stompé? He was the #17 seed at the last Worlds before the tour card system came in.
Stompe was a lot better player than he got credit for.
Image

User avatar
cannibal
Posts: 5824
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:41 am
Location: Tipping cows in fields Elysian
Contact:

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by cannibal » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:02 pm

Rogg wrote:2007: "I have been in talks about signing up for the PDC, there is an offer on the table. But I've now told them what I want so it's just a case of them coming back to me again."
This is the entitled attitude. Gimme gimme gimme. Real competitors put themselves in the situation to play the best, push their abilities to excel. Knowing that winning at the highest level will bring in the dosh.

Not for fat fucking Fitton it is all about what code gives him the opportunity to grope himself and pay him for it. The only thing worse is phantom begging for a tour card to be dispensed to him because he has no desire to put out effort or take any risk.

Dart players lazy fucks think they should get invitations just because of who they are and what they did a dogs age ago.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

User avatar
The Thorn
Posts: 9657
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:36 pm
Contact:

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by The Thorn » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:41 pm

https://news.paddypower.com/darts/2018/ ... 3godz0ICqg
MVG: Daryl Gurney is not a tough opponent. I don’t think he’s good enough for the top eight in the world.
I know if I play good, it’s high unlikely that the rest beat me.
Wow. What a fucking wanker.

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 77888
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by Randall » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:46 pm

The Thorn wrote:https://news.paddypower.com/darts/2018/ ... 3godz0ICqg
MVG: Daryl Gurney is not a tough opponent. I don’t think he’s good enough for the top eight in the world.
I know if I play good, it’s high unlikely that the rest beat me.
Wow. What a fucking wanker.
Both statements are probably true.
Taylor said the same about gurney.
Image

User avatar
Potter's Lake
Posts: 1627
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:49 pm
Contact:

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by Potter's Lake » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:09 am

He's right but there's some serious deflection going on.
Image

User avatar
cannibal
Posts: 5824
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:41 am
Location: Tipping cows in fields Elysian
Contact:

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by cannibal » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:46 pm

The Thorn wrote:https://news.paddypower.com/darts/2018/ ... 3godz0ICqg
MVG: Daryl Gurney is not a tough opponent. I don’t think he’s good enough for the top eight in the world.
I know if I play good, it’s high unlikely that the rest beat me.
Wow. What a fucking wanker.
lol I love it, he isn't saying anything really we don't already know. I like straight talking MvG. Couldn't stand that pussy Taylor and his patronizing "cracking little player". I like trash talking when a player backs it up; if you don't back it up keep your pie hole shut. I rate this trash talking from MvG as on the mild side.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

Post Reply
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 16 guests