The Good Morning Thread - 12pm to 12am

General day to day stuff
M H
Site Admin

Re: Re: The Good Morning Thread

Post by M H » Mon May 27, 2013 5:27 pm

Mr Sheen wrote:
Justin Credible wrote:what type of field of work is this roughly you are in.?
clerical stuff ?
I've spent most of my working life in telecoms in one way or another, but have clerical, accounts, sales, complaint handling and retail experience so can apply for most white collar industries. Just finished a five week contract for samsung and need something urgently. Today's was for a call centre job - didnt really want it as it would stop me from getting to interviews for jobs I do want, but i need a job and am not so fussy.

Got an interview for another samsung contract on thursday and it's until january, giving me some security whilst I look for something more permanent. I'm the only candidate and it's with my boss' boss and she has said she will put as many good words in as she can. The manager in the store i have worked in on samsung's behalf has told me to write my own reference as well, so i'm hopeful.

Worked out that after tax and expenses, today's job will be 70 quid a month more for five days work than Samsung will be for three. The three days allows me to do other things lile mystery shopping and my chinese deliveries so I will be much better off, but cant afford to live on the extras without a main job.
Hope it all works out for you mate
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

D & B

Post by D & B » Mon May 27, 2013 5:31 pm

Mr Sheen wrote:
clerical stuff ?
I've spent most of my working life in telecoms in one way or another, but have clerical, accounts, sales, complaint handling and retail experience so can apply for most white collar industries. Just finished a five week contract for samsung and need something urgently. Today's was for a call centre job - didnt really want it as it would stop me from getting to interviews for jobs I do want, but i need a job and am not so fussy.

Got an interview for another samsung contract on thursday and it's until january, giving me some security whilst I look for something more permanent. I'm the only candidate and it's with my boss' boss and she has said she will put as many good words in as she can. The manager in the store i have worked in on samsung's behalf has told me to write my own reference as well, so i'm hopeful.

Worked out that after tax and expenses, today's job will be 70 quid a month more for five days work than Samsung will be for three. The three days allows me to do other things lile mystery shopping and my chinese deliveries so I will be much better off, but cant afford to live on the extras without a main job.
Huh??

M H
Site Admin

Re: The Good Morning Thread

Post by M H » Mon May 27, 2013 5:34 pm

Road testing and delivery of mail order brides mate!

Mr Sheen

Re: Re: Re: The Good Morning Thread

Post by Mr Sheen » Mon May 27, 2013 5:54 pm

D & B wrote:
Mr Sheen wrote:
clerical stuff ?

Huh??
I pick up a hundred quid or so a week doing chinese takeaway deliveries.

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Mon May 27, 2013 6:07 pm

D & B wrote:
Mr Sheen wrote:
clerical stuff ?

Huh??

Mr Sheen is an international trafficker ?

Mr Sheen

Re: Re: Re: The Good Morning Thread

Post by Mr Sheen » Mon May 27, 2013 6:14 pm

Justin Credible wrote:
D & B wrote:
Mr Sheen wrote:
clerical stuff ?

Huh??

Mr Sheen is an international trafficker ?
Haha. My brother almost was.

He had a regular trip to France and, under their laws, he couldnt drive his truck there on a Sunday. So he would drive to Dover, cross on the ferry and park up in Calais truck park overnight, drive to the factory, pick up or deliver the load then come home.

One night in Calais a load of potential illegals broke into his trailer expecting him to drive back to England the next morning. So he knows they're there and calmly just goes about his business on the Monday, stops for a break after a couple of hours, waits til they get out then drives off, leaving them somewhere in the middle of France!

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Mon May 27, 2013 6:19 pm

GARY

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Mon May 27, 2013 6:23 pm

Justin Credible wrote:GARY
Ha ha, I remember that one

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Mon May 27, 2013 6:25 pm

M H wrote:
Justin Credible wrote:GARY
Ha ha, I remember that one

I remember my brothers kept that up for weeks after when calling my name, also having a gary of something is having a go at something, not sure if it is the same in the UK.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Mon May 27, 2013 6:27 pm

After your insult fest over the past few years "Having a Gary" means something entirely different over here mate!

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Mon May 27, 2013 6:47 pm

is the term "have a gary of it" used in the UK ?

gazman

Post by gazman » Mon May 27, 2013 7:00 pm

Is this a term of endearment?

Mr Sheen

Post by Mr Sheen » Mon May 27, 2013 7:02 pm

I've only heard it in the context of having a shitter of a day.

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Mon May 27, 2013 7:03 pm

no it means having a go of something, you mate turns up on his new kawasaki and you tell him gis a gary of it.
or your buddy is on the playstation and you grab the control of him and say give us a gary of that.

very popular here in cork, then again so is a lot of weird shit

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Tue May 28, 2013 7:03 am

a good morning to all ye working class cunts and proud members of the plastic population

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Tue May 28, 2013 7:10 am

Morning all, pissing it down here!

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Tue May 28, 2013 8:13 am

a little cold but the sun has come out now and looks like i will see a great day, through the fuckin window

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Tue May 28, 2013 8:16 am

Got about 20 yards up the street with Ruby and the lead went tight, I looked down and she'd turned around facing home!

D & B

Post by D & B » Tue May 28, 2013 8:51 am

Miserable here too.

Back to work as well!

gazman

Post by gazman » Tue May 28, 2013 8:53 am

Pissing it down and I've got the bloody week off work. Think the plan is to hit the cinema later to see "Epic".