European Darts Trophy Schedule

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
QSM

Re: European Darts Trophy Schedule

Post by QSM » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:46 pm

jrwfsl147 wrote:It actually only holds up for the UK Open qualies... he lost to Kellett in the one Part won (UK Masters?). Just noticed it when I was checking Wright's record in looking to bet him vs Osborne, who seems to be getting worse.

Anyway, I'm not best pleased that my second least favourite (behind Hamilton) just beat my second favourite (behind Part). It's weird, I like Part for his match toughness and general ballsiness at the tough moments, plus the way he carries himself with class like a champion should, while Nicholson winds Taylor up hilariously and you can see how much it means to him. Strange how some people like players for the same reasons others hate them.

In fairness, I would never be wanker enough to say anything negative or disrespectful about someone who lost in that fashion- guy must be utterly gutted after having such a good week. Guess there's some trolls out there though with no respect.
In seriousness though, Nicholson not really is one of my favorites, but at least he offers something 'different' compared to the likes of Ovens, Wayne Jones, Osborne etc...

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:50 pm

jrwfsl147 wrote:Looks like Aldo Montoya has a new front runner for Knob of the Week anyway... never mind the 5 other wins including wins over MVG, Lloyd and Webster. That is unless Martin Adams or Fitzmaurice do something drastic like go out for a meal or something...

another precious wall flower who has a problem.
Run along whingebag,

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:52 pm

QSM wrote:
jrwfsl147 wrote:It actually only holds up for the UK Open qualies... he lost to Kellett in the one Part won (UK Masters?). Just noticed it when I was checking Wright's record in looking to bet him vs Osborne, who seems to be getting worse.

Anyway, I'm not best pleased that my second least favourite (behind Hamilton) just beat my second favourite (behind Part). It's weird, I like Part for his match toughness and general ballsiness at the tough moments, plus the way he carries himself with class like a champion should, while Nicholson winds Taylor up hilariously and you can see how much it means to him. Strange how some people like players for the same reasons others hate them.

In fairness, I would never be wanker enough to say anything negative or disrespectful about someone who lost in that fashion- guy must be utterly gutted after having such a good week. Guess there's some trolls out there though with no respect.
In seriousness though, Nicholson not really is one of my favorites, but at least he offers something 'different' compared to the likes of Ovens, Wayne Jones, Osborne etc...

til he starts crying on twitter again.

a simple spastic that thinks he is cool trying to hang out with wrestlers, give it the big mouth but bottle it when it comes to it, sits on the sit like a moron giving the character but whines if anyone has a pop at him.

skweezit

Post by skweezit » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:57 pm

I like nicholson. I've watched him. he's got talent.

Fake Wade's Official Sunday Account

Post by Fake Wade's Official Sunday Account » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:58 pm

I like Ovens, he's so boring it's funny. That match with Hopp at the WCs was in the category of "so bad it's good".

I really should clear something up re PJ Polaco. I don't have a problem with you, nor am I interested in an argument. I've read your blog from time to time and there's some funny, if repetitive, stuff on there (does Les Wallace always have do be described as an alcoholic cross-dresser any time he's mentioned, which is again far too often for someone who has done nothing in darts in recent memory).

It's when your comments get onto being nasty and malicious which make me take issue. One of your KOTWs had Andy Hamilton as a knob because he took umbridge with Jelle "Jailbait" Klaasen's shenanigans when he was so friendly with Taylor. There's a big difference between the two incidents, and while I don't like Taylor and think he's a bad sportsman, the "Feel" stuff is more tongue-in-cheek.

What you said about PN is out of order, and that's why I accused you of trolling. You also claimed he was badly out of form, which as I said earlier isn't true and wasn't before this week.
Dropping down to the minor leagues every Sunday to give my take on all things forumland.

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:59 pm

skweezit wrote:I like nicholson. I've watched him. he's got talent.

has he as much as his mouth maintains he has ?

bottling it like he did there is one of the reasons why he is NOT in the premier league

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:01 pm

jrwfsl147 wrote:I like Ovens, he's so boring it's funny. That match with Hopp at the WCs was in the category of "so bad it's good".

I really should clear something up re PJ Polaco. I don't have a problem with you, nor am I interested in an argument. I've read your blog from time to time and there's some funny, if repetitive, stuff on there (does Les Wallace always have do be described as an alcoholic cross-dresser any time he's mentioned, which is again far too often for someone who has done nothing in darts in recent memory).

It's when your comments get onto being nasty and malicious which make me take issue. One of your KOTWs had Andy Hamilton as a knob because he took umbridge with Jelle "Jailbait" Klaasen's shenanigans when he was so friendly with Taylor. There's a big difference between the two incidents, and while I don't like Taylor and think he's a bad sportsman, the "Feel" stuff is more tongue-in-cheek.

What you said about PN is out of order, and that's why I accused you of trolling. You also claimed he was badly out of form, which as I said earlier isn't true and wasn't before this week.

so what happened to this player that all the sheep were calling for iunclusion in the PL ?

I rremember saying he was not good ehough then and still stand by that,
As mentioned in my previous post he is a good player but nowhere near as good as he thinks he is or as good as his mouth would have us believe.

Far too petty and whiny when it comes to criticism and when it mattered today bottled it

skweezit

Post by skweezit » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:06 pm

Justin Credible wrote:
skweezit wrote:I like nicholson. I've watched him. he's got talent.

has he as much as his mouth maintains he has ?
he's got a motormouth . big deal.
bottling it like he did there is one of the reasons why he is NOT in the premier league
lost his nerve because he missed some outs in the finals is an example? pshaw.
he was not high enough in the rankings to be in the PL.
he dresses nice. take that!

gotta go to darts. later...gators

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:11 pm

I can accept missing the doubles in the last leg can happen with anyone, but look at nicholson for the last year.

He is above robert Thornton, yet Thornton won the UK Open, players championships and is performing better..pl aside.Thornton is moving up.
Nicholson seems to be going the opposite direction and his final spot today has stemmed that for the time being.

When you consider Wayne jones, Gary Anderson, Mervyn King and others are all just as bad and going the same direction it could have been worse bor nicholson.

Post by Fake Wade's Official Sunday Account » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:13 pm

I don't automatically like the best players. I'd have him in the PL still, he's borderline top 10 and offers more than Newton and Anderson at the minute. I'd have him in over Hamilton but that's only personal preference. When Newton beat Anderson last week you could have heard a pin drop, it was the quietest I've ever heard a PL crowd. Nicholson gets a reaction and if he ups his game just a little bit he'd be top 10.

I admit he let himself down a few times, particularly the Huybrechts match at the 2012 WC. I think he got carried away with being a heel against Taylor and now he probably regrets it. Look at the class he carried himself with after losing to Thornton in that epic match at the World Championships.

I think Bristow's a wanker so I don't blame just him for that stuff. I found some of it funny.

Darts would be poorer without Nicholson, even if he's a top 20 player folks love to hate.
Dropping down to the minor leagues every Sunday to give my take on all things forumland.

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:20 pm

sticking someone in the PL just cos he got character is not good enough, if you lack the talent you will get hammered, look at how webster was not ready.

As for ando he is atrocious on doubles but if he had a half decent checkout rat there is no way nicholson would be in his league,Wes has as much charm as a bucket of piss but there is no denying his ability, nicholson has ability but not as much in my opinion.
I think Pipe is a better player than nicholson but dont want him in the PL either.
Nicholson sitting on a stage with his legs crossed giving a salute before getting beaten and whining on twitter is not PL criteria whichever way people want to dress that up.
I also accept not every player will have character and some players are boring , but the main criteria for the PL should be ability first and then character which is a bonus.

Post by Fake Wade's Official Sunday Account » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:29 pm

I would have agreed with you back in the days of 8 players, but less so now there's 10.

Fact is Anderson is missing his doubles, so there's no point in saying he'd batter Nicholson if he did (6-3 PN head to head as well).

The difference between Newton and Thornton and Nicholson quality wise isn't great, save PN struggling to cross the winning line recently. I don't think he's on the downturn either, in the immediate future he's got a bit of floor money to defend but realistically he'll hang about the teens in the Order of Merit. I remember him losing all his form about this time last year because of a wrist injury but his results haven't been bad in the last six months.

Nicholson seems to be a very consistent player- it's always a low to mid 90s average which is very difficult to beat consistently for anyone but the top players, and even then he's proven he has the game to beat anyone.

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:36 pm

again I could point out many instances when nicholson was averaging far far less than the 90 averages you speak off.

i recall a couple of euro events prior to xmas when he performed miserably and averages of low 70 were common, and i screen saved a few at the time and posted them on here, it was also the time he kicked off on twitter at criticism towards him.

Other than this weekend I am struggling to recall anything of note he has done in months, and for a player ranked around 13th thats pretty poor.
if ando, jones etc were not doing just as bad he slide would have been even quicker, he just happens to be doing slightly better than those who are also heading the wrong direction

Post by Fake Wade's Official Sunday Account » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:44 pm

Well fair enough, to be honest I don't check the avs for the smaller comps, and it's hard to know how seriously the players are taking them. Look at Hamilton- always a latter stage player on TV, hasn't won a tournament since 2007. I'm sure he's had patches of bad form, like after he won his major he hardly won a match for a year. Darts database have him 32 ranked for the recent year for PDC and BDO, which seems alright considering the injuries.

It's criminal that these 20 grand events aren't streamed though.

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:52 pm

my belief on averages is simple.

Mensur won with a 75 this weekend in an early round, a poor sigh or just a case of both players having an off day, as later mensur put in 3 solid performances, hence provibg his 75 was just one of those days.

Its when a player does sub standard averages on more than one occasion it dont inspire confidence in the player.
Look at colin osborne, who would back him to win a match lately ?
The game he did win he fell over the line against someone who was equally as poor.
Yes players with sometimes higher averages do win but you can bet any player who averages a 100 and lost on a few occasions would be a clear favorite over a guy like osborne who falls over the line with a mid 70 average when they meet.

so in that aspect the poor averages nicholson was throwing for a few floor events led me to believe he was indeed struggling, his form sliding and he was ansd is not the player he thinks he is.
Yes i would prefer him to Pipe in the PL but not sure he has the ability of that level at the moment or the mental strength

Post by Fake Wade's Official Sunday Account » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:58 pm

Fair enough, at least things seem to be looking up for him based on 2013's form and consistently decent averages.

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:05 am

his was a double away from moving above thornton, anderson and painter in the OoM, not sure how the runner spot places him though.
so many players are in freefall making room for those surging up.

Ovens, Jones, Anderson all going the wrong direction, even adrian lewis, while Thornton, MVG and a lot of those further down are making strides forward.Painters win kept him in the players championship kept him reasonably placed and when that comes off he will be in trouble, Merv king another in freefall, so anyone like John Part who took the recent other 20k cheque who gets a run going is in great position to move well ahead

I see huge changes of the guard in the coming year

Post by Fake Wade's Official Sunday Account » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:13 am

Part had a very good 2011, and an awful 2012, so he'd still be doing well to maintain his position.

Of course it only takes one decent run on TV for the teens players to stay there.

QSM

Post by QSM » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:18 am

Huybrechts is a cert for making the top-16 somewhere down the line this year. Is defending absolutely nothing bar a QF in European and the Worlds. Also Wright and Dolan have a decent shot at it. Terry Jenkins will almost surely drop out of it, and I fear it could be the beginning of the end for him.

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:09 pm

Previous Position Current Position Name Nationality Prize Money
1 1 Taylor, Phil England £757,500
3 2 van Gerwen, Michael Netherlands £349,500
2 3 Lewis, Adrian England £349,300
4 4 Wade, James England £337,500
5 5 Whitlock, Simon Australia £271,400
6 6 Hamilton, Andy England £245,500
7 7 Newton, Wesley England £245,400
8 8 van Barneveld, Raymond Netherlands £193,600