The BDO Appreciation Society - Sponsored by Zeyes

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Rogg

Re: The BDO Appreciation Society - Sponsored by Zeyes

Post by Rogg » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:25 am

Our old pal Dobbers. Bless everyone as usual for spitting up every sordid aspect onto social media. The gift.

not a girl

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:38 am

Just beautiful.

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:14 pm

Tony Martin talking about players suing for breach of contract over on TSOD if the BDO doesn't put on Lakeside 2019 with the same prize funds as 2018...what? Good luck proving that you've incurred any financial damages by being made to stay with the BDO this year, especially the female players. Not to mention that the players are unlikely to get any money out of the BDO even if they do win a judgement.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:12 pm

Zeyes wrote:Tony Martin talking about players suing for breach of contract over on TSOD if the BDO doesn't put on Lakeshite 2019 with the same prize funds as 2018...what? Good luck proving that you've incurred any financial damages by being made to stay with the BDO this year, especially the female players. Not to mention that the players are unlikely to get any money out of the BDO even if they do win a judgement.
If the players have it in writing that prize funds won't decrease they have a solid case. This however only applies to the players qualifying for Lakeside and can only be brought after the event when individual losses can be quantified.

The next part of the equation is BDO reserves which are still substantive and could cover the losses should a successful case be brought against them. That said I very much doubt any player will risk their own money on a case of this nature, I doubt many have the money in the first place so this just won't happen.

BDO forever, eh Glen!
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:19 pm

Father Rout wrote:
Zeyes wrote:Tony Martin talking about players suing for breach of contract over on TSOD if the BDO doesn't put on Lakeshite 2019 with the same prize funds as 2018...what? Good luck proving that you've incurred any financial damages by being made to stay with the BDO this year, especially the female players. Not to mention that the players are unlikely to get any money out of the BDO even if they do win a judgement.
If the players have it in writing that prize funds won't decrease they have a solid case. This however only applies to the players qualifying for Lakeshite and can only be brought after the event when individual losses can be quantified.

The next part of the equation is BDO reserves which are still substantive and could cover the losses should a successful case be brought against them. That said I very much doubt any player will risk their own money on a case of this nature, I doubt many have the money in the first place so this just won't happen.

BDO forever, eh Glen!
He didn't specify how long forever would be.
Suspect he thought longer than 8 months though.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:35 pm

Only 6 ProTour qualifiers at the Matchplay were older than 35 and I'm damned if I want to start encouraging the elderly now but I do think Durrrrrr should reconsider properly. His life, but do think.

This is not quite the BDO that Finton and O'Sheep committed to (rofl). Remember how much of a shitshambles the BDO seemed back then and they had two tournaments on the BBC!
not a girl

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:47 pm

Rogg wrote:Only 6 ProTour qualifiers at the Matchplay were older than 35 and I'm damned if I want to start encouraging the elderly now but I do think Durrrrrr should reconsider properly. His life, but do think.

This is not quite the BDO that Finton and O'Sheep committed to (rofl). Remember how much of a shitshambles the BDO seemed back then and they had two tournaments on the BBC!
I still think Duzza is far better off where he is and remind you again of his comment here. "I'd be swallowed up in the PDC". That was before he won his first BDO major, nothing has changed

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:02 pm

Father Rout wrote:
Rogg wrote:Only 6 ProTour qualifiers at the Matchplay were older than 35 and I'm damned if I want to start encouraging the elderly now but I do think Durrrrrr should reconsider properly. His life, but do think.

I still think Duzza is far better off where he is and remind you again of his comment here. "I'd be swallowed up in the PDC". That was before he won his first BDO major, nothing has changed
He might have changed his mind, actually. Having crossed the winning line so many times since, something could have shifted in his mind.
not a girl

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:11 pm

Rogg wrote:
Father Rout wrote:

He might have changed his mind, actually. Having crossed the winning line so many times since, something could have shifted in his mind.
"BDO Forever" only a few months ago doesn't or didn't suggest something could have shifted mate, was a business decision as was Adams mopping up.

How would Duzza take the Pro Tour where there's at least thirty players equal or better than him. He'd be back to shitting dog time

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:26 pm

Well he could have changed him mind about getting swallowed up in the PDC and still not switched. For those lacking ambition it is possible to do both.

And quite, I'm still looking for reasons why he's likely to do better than Bunting. I think Bunting has done nicely btw.
not a girl

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:29 pm

Has anyone called it the Bo Derek Organisation yet?
not a girl

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:58 pm

Rogg wrote:Has anyone called it the Bo Derek Organisation yet?
Been called a lot worse

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:59 pm

Randall wrote:
Rogg wrote:Has anyone called it the Bo Derek Organisation yet?
Been called a lot worse
The last word is the funny bit
not a girl

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:00 pm

Turkeys voting for Christmas comes to mind.

Mabbsy

Post by Mabbsy » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:55 pm

Everyone needs to calm down and relax, after all its a new era now folks :lol:

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:07 pm

Mabbsy wrote:Everyone needs to calm down and relax, after all its a new era now folks :lol:
Not dogs?

Tommo

Post by Tommo » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:58 pm

Aaron Gratton Doesn't matter, BDO will be dead soon anyway. The state of the organisation is a laughing stock, and that's coming from someone who has stuck up for the BDO.
They're all here!

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:07 pm

What's this about Uncle Des squirting money at some Spaniards to save a ranking event? On the BDO site.

Seems it has barely any entrants? One of whom wouldn't happen to be Bo, by any chance...
not a girl

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:22 pm

Rogg wrote:What's this about Uncle Des squirting money at some Spaniards to save a ranking event? On the BDO site.

Seems it has barely any entrants? One of whom wouldn't happen to be Bo, by any chance...
Dipping into the reserves already, excellent.
Hope he ran this past the financial director :lol:

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:40 pm

Randall wrote:
Rogg wrote:What's this about Uncle Des squirting money at some Spaniards to save a ranking event? On the BDO site.

Dipping into the reserves already, excellent.
Hope he ran this past the financial director :lol:
Penny by penny, my friend. We have played the long game expertly.
not a girl