Boxing

Life would be boring without it!
HalloweenJack

Re: Boxing

Post by HalloweenJack » Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:54 am

It would be somewhat of a surprise if Chisora actually won a round in this fight.
‘For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and everyone who humbles himself will be exalted’

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:46 pm

Will probably watch this in the pub tonight. Not excited for it at all though, Fury has acted a right cunt since he beat Whyte, gone off him big time

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:58 pm

TheMalteseDart wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:46 pm Will probably watch this in the pub tonight. Not excited for it at all though, Fury has acted a right cunt since he beat Whyte, gone off him big time
I would take what Fury says with a pinch of salt, he says one thing one minute then the complete opposite the next time, it’s part of his charm. In fact he reminds me very much of Thorn.
‘For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and everyone who humbles himself will be exalted’

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:59 pm

No interest in this
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:00 pm

HalloweenJack wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:58 pm
TheMalteseDart wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:46 pm Will probably watch this in the pub tonight. Not excited for it at all though, Fury has acted a right cunt since he beat Whyte, gone off him big time
I would take what Fury says with a pinch of salt, he says one thing one minute then the complete opposite the next time, it’s part of his charm. In fact he reminds me very much of Thorn.
+1
HalloweenJack wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:25 am I will debate with anybody on here without becoming indignant and self righteous. I certainly never get angry.

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:13 pm

HalloweenJack wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:58 pm
He's been like that always though and i've always enjoyed it. Just not really enjoyed his behaviour in recent months, especially surrounding the whole Joshua v Fury fight. Think he spouted a lot of shite and made it difficult for Joshua and his team. Joshua kept agreeing to the terms and Fury just continued to backtrack

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:15 pm

TheMalteseDart wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:13 pm He's been like that always though and i've always enjoyed it. Just not really enjoyed his behaviour in recent months, especially surrounding the whole Joshua v Fury fight. Think he spouted a lot of shite and made it difficult for Joshua and his team. Joshua kept agreeing to the terms and Fury just continued to backtrack
Eh?

Joshua's team clearly didn't want to take the bout.
HalloweenJack wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:25 am I will debate with anybody on here without becoming indignant and self righteous. I certainly never get angry.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:16 pm

With all due respect Malt I never had you down as a boxing expert

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:22 pm

sennafan24 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:15 pm
TheMalteseDart wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:13 pm He's been like that always though and i've always enjoyed it. Just not really enjoyed his behaviour in recent months, especially surrounding the whole Joshua v Fury fight. Think he spouted a lot of shite and made it difficult for Joshua and his team. Joshua kept agreeing to the terms and Fury just continued to backtrack
Eh?

This 100%

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:22 pm

The Thorn wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:16 pm With all due respect Malt I never had you down as a boxing expert
Why's that? Im not an 'expert' but it's a sport i enjoy. Football, darts, boxing/mma is what i'd order it. Used to always sit up till like 4am watching the UFC and super boxing fights in America but i just cba to stay up late anymore and don't like watching the fights when its not live so not watched as many fights as i'd like to this year

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:26 pm

TheMalteseDart wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:22 pm
The Thorn wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:16 pm With all due respect Malt I never had you down as a boxing expert
Why's that? Im not an 'expert' but it's a sport i enjoy. Football, darts, boxing/mma is what i'd order it. Used to always sit up till like 4am watching the UFC and super boxing fights in America but i just cba to stay up late anymore and don't like watching the fights when its not live so not watched as many fights as i'd like to this year
Idk I just said it for post count

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:26 pm

HalloweenJack wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:22 pm
Eh?

This 100%
Okay well, forgetting what the teams wanted, because there's so much bullshit that goes on which the fighters have no say in. Joshua did want the fight, was happy to accept worser terms etc. I felt at the time Fury was making it really difficult or near on impossible for a deal to be struck. He's been a complete nob about anybody who raises reasonable questions about the Chisora fight as well

https://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/story/_/i ... ight-dec-3

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/boxing/2022 ... ie%20Hearn.

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:30 pm

TheMalteseDart wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:26 pm Okay well, forgetting what the teams wanted, because there's so much bullshit that goes on which the fighters have no say in. Joshua did want the fight, was happy to accept worser terms etc. I felt at the time Fury was making it really difficult or near on impossible for a deal to be struck. He's been a complete nob about anybody who raises reasonable questions about the Chisora fight as well

Hearn has implied that a reason Joshua's camp walked away from the bout was because Joshua grew tired of Fury' behaviour on social media. If true, then Joshua should have known better. Fury was, and always has been, a wind up merchant.

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:43 pm

I personally think AJ did want the fight, however I don’t believe his team did. AJ is Eddie Hearns cash cow and after 2 straight losses going in against Fury would be a very bad idea. Where does he go after that? Wilder? Another probable loss. AJs best bet would be to fight Whyte who after his somewhat fortunate decision last week clearly seems on the slide. I can’t abide Eddie Hearn but he has done a fantastic job of marketing AJ to the casual boxing fan. When you get the likes of Bellew and to a lesser extent Haye making out AJ to be something he is not, some people lap it up. The sad thing is, with careful matchmaking from Hearn, I can see AJ being a world champion ( belt holder) again due to the fragmentation of the belts after an undisputed fight.

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:54 pm

TheMalteseDart wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:26 pm
HalloweenJack wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:22 pm
Eh?

This 100%
Okay well, forgetting what the teams wanted, because there's so much bullshit that goes on which the fighters have no say in. Joshua did want the fight, was happy to accept worser terms etc. I felt at the time Fury was making it really difficult or near on impossible for a deal to be struck. He's been a complete nob about anybody who raises reasonable questions about the Chisora fight as well

I’m a big Fury fan but I admit he has been a bit prickly regarding the Chisora fight. I do think he is entitled to an ‘easy’ fight though. Ali had several in his career. From a money perspective though, Chisora is at least a name in the U.K. whereas he could have fought someone like Michael Hunter and many people would go WHO? Fury is apparently getting a guaranteed $25 million before the PPV. Why would he not take an easy fight for that money?
Don’t forget Usyk said he wouldn’t be ready for December and Fury wanted a fight before the year was out. I’m hoping that in 2023 we see Fury v Usyk who are imo the best 2 fighters in the heavyweight division.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:55 pm

My prediction is Fury will win but only on points

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:57 pm

George Warren has said that Joshua wasn't happy with Queensberry having the final say on things. Perhaps that was Joshua directly, perhaps it was members of his team, who knows? Warren claims they tried to bring a mediator in to settle the dispute. After that, communication pretty much broke down between the two parties. Later in a IFL interview, Hearn hinted that Joshua walked away because of Fury's comments on social media. Regardless, it's clear that Joshua's camp didn't want to take the bout.

That said, I sadly agree with HJ that Joshua could well regain a version of the world title in the near future. I also agree that he'll beat Whyte next year. I don't think Whyte was that good in his "prime".

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:58 pm

Frampton having a pop at Shane Mcguigan there. What a surprise 🤣
Good to see Lennox on the show albeit via Toronto.

Good recovery from Dubois.

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:18 pm

Fucking hell he is sponsored by Onlyfans
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:20 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:Fucking hell he is sponsored by Onlyfans ImageImageImage
Someone explain to Randall what Onlyfans is.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016