My Blog, more viewers than bdo darts gets, not sponsored

Chat and Gossip About Professional and Ever More Farcical BDO Darts
Post Reply
User avatar
The Ginge Reaper
Posts: 26906
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 3:09 pm
Contact:

Re: My Blog, more viewers than bdo darts gets, not sponsored

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:03 pm

M H wrote:I think I'm missing something here
Not really. Dave made an extravagant claim last year and has failed to prove it, and has spent months ignoring my baiting on the subject, clearly until yesterday. Hes been permananently banned from TSoD for being a cunt hence why he has popped up here now.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

daveboygreen
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:41 am
Contact:

Re: My Blog, more viewers than bdo darts gets, not sponsored

Post by daveboygreen » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:21 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:03 pm
M H wrote:I think I'm missing something here
Not really. Dave made an extravagant claim last year and has failed to prove it, and has spent months ignoring my baiting on the subject, clearly until yesterday. Hes been permananently banned from TSoD for being a cunt hence why he has popped up here now.
No Ginge, You have spent months after being told in my last response to you on TSOD that I would not respond any further to any of your posts on there totally livid that I won't tell you how I managed to place a certain bet that won me a lot of money, Livid that you can't or couldn't get a similar bet at the level I was able to place mine at and as for failing to prove it...Well im sure that even you can work out that if I was to reveal details of it then I probably wouldn't be able to place similar bets in the future as being the snake and shit stirring grass that you are would more than likely go crying to the bookies.

User avatar
The Ginge Reaper
Posts: 26906
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 3:09 pm
Contact:

Re: My Blog, more viewers than bdo darts gets, not sponsored

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:36 pm

Erm i proved it right at the start of the F1 thread you silly sod.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

daveboygreen
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:41 am
Contact:

Re: My Blog, more viewers than bdo darts gets, not sponsored

Post by daveboygreen » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:35 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:36 pm
Erm i proved it right at the start of the F1 thread you silly sod.
Afraid not

daveboygreen
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:41 am
Contact:

Re: My Blog, more viewers than bdo darts gets, not sponsored

Post by daveboygreen » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:35 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:36 pm
Erm i proved it right at the start of the F1 thread you silly sod.
Afraid not

User avatar
The Ginge Reaper
Posts: 26906
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 3:09 pm
Contact:

Re: My Blog, more viewers than bdo darts gets, not sponsored

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:01 pm

Afraid i did.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

User avatar
PT13
Posts: 2641
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:14 pm
Contact:

Re: My Blog, more viewers than bdo darts gets, not sponsored

Post by PT13 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:39 am

Captain Hobo wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:02 am
Justin Credible 5/4

"I fucking despise Sky TV, and refused to ever pay for their service ever again."

Justin Credible 12/4

"There are lots of old matches I would love to see not available as far as I know on PDC TV, but if they were available on there, I would join PDC TV and view them there"
----------------------------

JC basically admitting he doesn't pay to watch his PDC darts, there. A bit rich to be saying this then, isn't it?

Justin Credible 12/4

"I hope the authorities get Darren Hawkers list of customers as well, and there was many judging by comments across multiple forums."

P.s. I am a subscriber to PDC.Tv and never bought a DVD from Basgooner
P.p.s. I would hope the police in the UK would have better things to do than chase down people who bought an illegally copied DVD
JC sees fit to mention my comments, I see, which clearly rattled him. JC acts like it's an outrage that darts fans should have access to all the rich history of darts matches, and whinges at the suggestion. I can completely understand why selling the copyright articles of others and showing them in public is illegal when the copyright holder already has it out on DVD. What I don't understand is when those matches are completely unavailable for the fans to see, and then they force the sellers to court. That's an abuse, in my eyes. Want an example of someone turning a blind eye? The BBC with Doctor Who in the 1980s and 1990s. Doctor Who fans were chasing pirate copies of stories all over the world, and the BBC tolerated it. The only reason that the BBC tolerated it was because those pirated stories weren't officially out on VHS at the time.

I know JC likes to whinge about "gay wrestling" as he calls it, but think of the WWE Network. You've got almost everything there going back decades for pro wrestling fans to access, WWF/WWE, WCW, ECW etc. Fans get a free month, and then a subscription fee for continued access. At least they are making the archive stuff available for the fans to see. If you want to stop pirate DVDs, then do something like the WWE Network with your sports, otherwise you're not really serious about stopping pirate DVDs, because the scarcity of the product's availability through official channels creates the pirate demand.

User avatar
M H
Site Admin
Posts: 74211
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:24 am
Contact:

Re: My Blog, more viewers than bdo darts gets, not sponsored

Post by M H » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:42 pm

PT13 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:39 am
Captain Hobo wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:02 am
Justin Credible 5/4

"I fucking despise Sky TV, and refused to ever pay for their service ever again."

Justin Credible 12/4

"There are lots of old matches I would love to see not available as far as I know on PDC TV, but if they were available on there, I would join PDC TV and view them there"
----------------------------

JC basically admitting he doesn't pay to watch his PDC darts, there. A bit rich to be saying this then, isn't it?

Justin Credible 12/4

"I hope the authorities get Darren Hawkers list of customers as well, and there was many judging by comments across multiple forums."

P.s. I am a subscriber to PDC.Tv and never bought a DVD from Basgooner
P.p.s. I would hope the police in the UK would have better things to do than chase down people who bought an illegally copied DVD
JC sees fit to mention my comments, I see, which clearly rattled him. JC acts like it's an outrage that darts fans should have access to all the rich history of darts matches, and whinges at the suggestion. I can completely understand why selling the copyright articles of others and showing them in public is illegal when the copyright holder already has it out on DVD. What I don't understand is when those matches are completely unavailable for the fans to see, and then they force the sellers to court. That's an abuse, in my eyes. Want an example of someone turning a blind eye? The BBC with Doctor Who in the 1980s and 1990s. Doctor Who fans were chasing pirate copies of stories all over the world, and the BBC tolerated it. The only reason that the BBC tolerated it was because those pirated stories weren't officially out on VHS at the time.

I know JC likes to whinge about "gay wrestling" as he calls it, but think of the WWE Network. You've got almost everything there going back decades for pro wrestling fans to access, WWF/WWE, WCW, ECW etc. Fans get a free month, and then a subscription fee for continued access. At least they are making the archive stuff available for the fans to see. If you want to stop pirate DVDs, then do something like the WWE Network with your sports, otherwise you're not really serious about stopping pirate DVDs, because the scarcity of the product's availability through official channels creates the pirate demand.
For the record I don't give a flying fuck if someone is selling dodgy DVD's, apart from the gangs funding organised crime with the DVD's sold in pubs.

Where Basgooner was totally stupid is/was putting the huge target on his back by blatant advertising on forums and across the web. Fucking idiot.

As for the content it matters not as to whether it's available through an official source or not, the law is the law and that's the bottom line. Should a copyright holder choose to enforce it there's nothing to argue about
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

oche balboa
Posts: 2396
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:52 pm
Contact:

Re: My Blog, more viewers than bdo darts gets, not sponsored

Post by oche balboa » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:08 pm

PDC should have a massive archive section for all their matches

User avatar
PT13
Posts: 2641
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:14 pm
Contact:

Re: My Blog, more viewers than bdo darts gets, not sponsored

Post by PT13 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:45 pm

M H wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:42 pm
PT13 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:39 am
Captain Hobo wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:02 am
Justin Credible 5/4

"I fucking despise Sky TV, and refused to ever pay for their service ever again."

Justin Credible 12/4

"There are lots of old matches I would love to see not available as far as I know on PDC TV, but if they were available on there, I would join PDC TV and view them there"
----------------------------

JC basically admitting he doesn't pay to watch his PDC darts, there. A bit rich to be saying this then, isn't it?

Justin Credible 12/4

"I hope the authorities get Darren Hawkers list of customers as well, and there was many judging by comments across multiple forums."

P.s. I am a subscriber to PDC.Tv and never bought a DVD from Basgooner
P.p.s. I would hope the police in the UK would have better things to do than chase down people who bought an illegally copied DVD
JC sees fit to mention my comments, I see, which clearly rattled him. JC acts like it's an outrage that darts fans should have access to all the rich history of darts matches, and whinges at the suggestion. I can completely understand why selling the copyright articles of others and showing them in public is illegal when the copyright holder already has it out on DVD. What I don't understand is when those matches are completely unavailable for the fans to see, and then they force the sellers to court. That's an abuse, in my eyes. Want an example of someone turning a blind eye? The BBC with Doctor Who in the 1980s and 1990s. Doctor Who fans were chasing pirate copies of stories all over the world, and the BBC tolerated it. The only reason that the BBC tolerated it was because those pirated stories weren't officially out on VHS at the time.

I know JC likes to whinge about "gay wrestling" as he calls it, but think of the WWE Network. You've got almost everything there going back decades for pro wrestling fans to access, WWF/WWE, WCW, ECW etc. Fans get a free month, and then a subscription fee for continued access. At least they are making the archive stuff available for the fans to see. If you want to stop pirate DVDs, then do something like the WWE Network with your sports, otherwise you're not really serious about stopping pirate DVDs, because the scarcity of the product's availability through official channels creates the pirate demand.
For the record I don't give a flying fuck if someone is selling dodgy DVD's, apart from the gangs funding organised crime with the DVD's sold in pubs.

Where Basgooner was totally stupid is/was putting the huge target on his back by blatant advertising on forums and across the web. Fucking idiot.

As for the content it matters not as to whether it's available through an official source or not, the law is the law and that's the bottom line. Should a copyright holder choose to enforce it there's nothing to argue about
To be honest, I thought he had an agreement with Sky, ITV, BBC anyway, considering the advertizing. I didn't think they were bothered that their archive stuff, which they were never going to officially release to the public, was being sold by a third party to big darts fans for their viewing pleasure. Why would they? There's no financial loss there if you're not going to release it and have no intention of ever releasing it, and fans viewing such events and matches can only enhance darts' profile. This is also a very different situation to selling a pirate copy of a new film for a few quid before its official release, or releasing your own pirate copies of something when that something is already available through official channels.
oche balboa wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:08 pm
PDC should have a massive archive section for all their matches
Agreed, and the BDO, plus channels Sky, BBC, ITV, BT Sport etc.

On the WWE Network, they wait 30 days after a free-to-air show has aired live (like Raw, Smackdown) before they put it on the network. So anything more than 30 days old that was free-to-air on transmission is available for the fans to watch. A darts network could, and should, do the same.

User avatar
The Ginge Reaper
Posts: 26906
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 3:09 pm
Contact:

Re: My Blog, more viewers than bdo darts gets, not sponsored

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:48 pm

You think some bloke in the Isle of Wight who was using a Wordpress (or equivilant) website which was just a numbered list of events he could sell you had permission from the BBC, ITV, BT and Sky?

Dear god!!!!!
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

User avatar
sennafan24
Moderator
Posts: 9888
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: My Blog, more viewers than bdo darts gets, not sponsored

Post by sennafan24 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:53 pm

PT13:

I'd quit now, mate. This debate isn't going to get any better for you.
"nature v nuture , kid is surrounded by pricks you end up being one" Fandarts on Leighton Bennett

User avatar
PT13
Posts: 2641
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:14 pm
Contact:

Re: My Blog, more viewers than bdo darts gets, not sponsored

Post by PT13 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:59 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:48 pm
You think some bloke in the Isle of Wight who was using a Wordpress (or equivilant) website which was just a numbered list of events he could sell you had permission from the BBC, ITV, BT and Sky?

Dear god!!!!!
Stop exaggerating. You are missing the points I was making, deliberately. On top of it being his website and not theirs, Sky, ITV, BBC and BT Sport had no intention of selling those events to the public officially, just in keeping them locked away in a vault after broadcast.

User avatar
PT13
Posts: 2641
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:14 pm
Contact:

Re: My Blog, more viewers than bdo darts gets, not sponsored

Post by PT13 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:05 pm

sennafan24 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:53 pm
PT13:

I'd quit now, mate. This debate isn't going to get any better for you.
I've said what I've got to say, and I stand by what I've said. I speak as a person and as a darts fan, not as a faceless troll, bureaucrat, politician, lawyer or businessman who can't see the obvious flaws in the law. If you really want to stop pirate DVDs, you end the incentive for them to exist, not keep those incentives going.

User avatar
Potter's Lake
Posts: 1627
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:49 pm
Contact:

Re: My Blog, more viewers than bdo darts gets, not sponsored

Post by Potter's Lake » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:06 pm

It's PC gone mad, that's what it is.
Image

User avatar
The Ginge Reaper
Posts: 26906
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 3:09 pm
Contact:

Re: My Blog, more viewers than bdo darts gets, not sponsored

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:19 pm


PT13 wrote:
sennafan24 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:53 pm
PT13:

I'd quit now, mate. This debate isn't going to get any better for you.
I've said what I've got to say, and I stand by what I've said. I speak as a person and as a darts fan, not as a faceless troll, bureaucrat, politician, lawyer or businessman who can't see the obvious flaws in the law. If you really want to stop pirate DVDs, you end the incentive for them to exist, not keep those incentives going.
PT13 your real name is it?
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

User avatar
StevieBoy
Posts: 3887
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:49 am
Contact:

Re: My Blog, more viewers than bdo darts gets, not sponsored

Post by StevieBoy » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:27 pm

While I'm at work my garage isn't being used. My neighbour decided to hire it out without my permission. Does this give him the right to make money from my garage?

User avatar
Tommo
Posts: 7124
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:01 am
Location: East Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: My Blog, more viewers than bdo darts gets, not sponsored

Post by Tommo » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:07 pm

StevieBoy wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:27 pm
While I'm at work my garage isn't being used. My neighbour decided to hire it out without my permission. Does this give him the right to make money from my garage?
Yes.
They're all here!

User avatar
cannibal
Posts: 5827
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:41 am
Location: Tipping cows in fields Elysian
Contact:

Re: My Blog, more viewers than bdo darts gets, not sponsored

Post by cannibal » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:14 pm

Tommo wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:07 pm
StevieBoy wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:27 pm
While I'm at work my garage isn't being used. My neighbour decided to hire it out without my permission. Does this give him the right to make money from my garage?
Yes Comrade, for the workers.
fixed for you my revolutionary friend, long live the supreme right of the people to take other peoples stuff based on their own self justified reasons . To hell with property rights toy fucking capitalist pigs
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

User avatar
StevieBoy
Posts: 3887
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:49 am
Contact:

Re: My Blog, more viewers than bdo darts gets, not sponsored

Post by StevieBoy » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:26 pm

Typical left wing politics! lol

Post Reply
Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Fiss Plaps, Google [Bot], JH01, Safc, thegentle and 29 guests