Future stars of darts

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Dicie

Future stars of darts

Post by Dicie » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:11 am

A friend, and a total darts nut, Daz Kitchen who has sponsored James Richardson on the main PDC tour has now branched out once again to the PDC youth tour. Hes picked these 2 lads

In my opinion Daz Whittingham is a real deal. Young Josh is doing well, including higher averages than his dad in super league. Including a 170 finish in comp last week.

D & B

Re: Future stars of darts

Post by D & B » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:03 am

How old are they Dicie they look about 12, but I'm shite at guessing ages.

Dicie

Post by Dicie » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:04 am

Daz is i think 19. Josh is (again i think) 15 or 16. Both i think have a big place in the game.

TomH

Post by TomH » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:06 am

Glad you've not mentioned fucking four year olds who are sponsored by Phil Taylor because they're awesome on their magnetic dart board.

Dicie

Post by Dicie » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:07 am

TomH wrote:Glad you've not mentioned fucking four year olds who are sponsored by Phil Taylor because they're awesome on their magnetic dart board.

Are they playing on the youth tour aswell?

D & B

Post by D & B » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:10 am

TomH wrote:Glad you've not mentioned fucking four year olds who are sponsored by Phil Taylor because they're awesome on their magnetic dart board.
Is he looking? My sons only 4 and throws a mean dart.

Excelsystems

Post by Excelsystems » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:56 pm

Thanks for the kind words AL.......Really looking forward to seeing how the players progress on the youth tour. Not only Daz and Josh but also intrigued to see what other new faces come onto the scene. Daz is 20 years old and anyone who follows the darts will know of him, he seems to have been around for a long time. He recently got to a quarter final in Benidorm and his game is getting stronger all the time, his experience should see him well. Josh on the other hand has only recently turned 14, he will be making his debut in Derby but for one so young he is certainly not shying away from competitions...he attends and plays in many local competitions with his dad James and also plays county youth for Cambs and super league in both Northants and Cambridgeshire. He will take time to find his feet but im sure he will enjoy every second.
As Dicie says players would really struggle without sponsorship and anything that anyone can do to help these kids attend these events should do it.

On a final note i would like to wish all players on the PDC youth all the very best of luck for the year ahead.....

spaceman70

Post by spaceman70 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:58 pm

Josh is only just 14, so will be playing PDC youth this year.