Premier League - Sheffield

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:45 pm

Anderson Chasing Sheffield Double
11 Apr 2012
GARY ANDERSON is looking to double up at the Motorpoint Arena in Sheffield on Thursday in his bid to retain the McCoy's Premier League Darts title.

The Scot sits sixth in the Premier League Darts table as the battle for places in next month's Play-Offs begins to hot up going into the tenth league night.

Anderson will play twice in Sheffield after missing the recent league night in Cardiff to attend his father's funeral in Scotland - and knows that two victories could turn around his season.

Although he sits level bottom on six points, a pair of victories when he faces James Wade and Andy Hamilton could even lift Anderson to second place.

"I need to win at least one of the two games," said Anderson. "I've got a game in hand so if I win one game I'll be on eight points and if I can pinch another one I'll be on ten.

"Two or three wins will put me back up the table, so if I can win the two games in Sheffield it will lift me - I'm not holding up the table yet!"

Anderson has lost his last four league games either side of his enforced absence, but after spending much of his free time recently travelling from his Somerset home to visit family in Scotland during his father's battle with cancer he is now looking to concentrate again on darts.

"I can get my head sorted now and get back to practising because I've not put a lot of practice in for the past few months because of the family problems," he admits.

"When I was getting a day off I was going to Scotland and back. Now I've got to get back on the practice board."

A small number of tickets are still available for Thursday's McCoy's Premier League Darts at the Motorpoint Arena, Sheffield by calling 0114 256 56 56 or visiting www.motorpointarenasheffield.co.uk.

Gary Anderson's McCoy's Premier League Darts Form Guide
Week Result Opponent Average
1 L 6-8 Kevin Painter 80.84
2 W 8-2 Andy Hamilton 84.98
3 W 8-5 James Wade 102.20
4 W 8-1 Adrian Lewis 93.47
5 L 1-8 Phil Taylor 95.02
6 L 6-8 Simon Whitlock 90.83
7 L 5-8 Raymond van Barneveld 105.39
9 L 2-8 Simon Whitlock 94.42

McCoy's Premier League Darts
Week Ten
April 12 - Motorpoint Arena, Sheffield
James Wade v Gary Anderson
Simon Whitlock v Kevin Painter
Phil Taylor v Raymond van Barneveld
Andy Hamilton v Gary Anderson
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

martin71109

Re: Premier League - Sheffield

Post by martin71109 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:52 pm

hope gary can produce something this week, even just picking up one win

Knots & crosses

Post by Knots & crosses » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:21 pm

Squeaky bum time. He almost needs the 2 wins. Win & a draw minimum.

martin71109

Post by martin71109 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:20 pm

Knots & crosses wrote:Squeaky bum time. He almost needs the 2 wins. Win & a draw minimum.
both games are winnable, but equally imo both games are loseable!

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:58 pm

McCoy's PLD Night Ten Preview
11 Apr 2012
GREAT RIVALS Phil Taylor and Raymond van Barneveld clash when the McCoy's Premier League Darts visits the Motorpoint Arena on Thursday, as reigning champion Gary Anderson looks to double up in Sheffield.

Taylor and van Barneveld, who have won 20 World Championships and all of the game's major honours between them in the past two decades, have been the Premier League's most impressive performers in the opening nine weeks of this season.

Taylor is unbeaten and, with eight wins under his belt, has already secured his place in next month's Play-Offs, while van Barneveld hit his highest-ever televised average of 112.28 in defeating Kevin Painter last week.

The Dutchman sits level with Simon Whitlock in second place in the league table, having won three of his last four games with a double against Kevin Painter and a win over reigning champion Gary Anderson.

Following his brilliant performance against Painter in Nottingham last week, he is now looking to defeat Taylor in a televised contest for the first time since 2008 when they clash in Sheffield.

"Phil raised the bar and I'm very proud to have hit my highest average on TV last week," said van Barneveld. "It's a big achievement for me and I know now, with these darts, that in the future I can hit averages like this in every game.

"I'm hoping to play well against Phil. Everything has to be right when you play him and you do always get chances, but you always have to hit them because he never seems to miss.

"He's already qualified and I want to be one of the three players alongside him in the Play-Offs.

"It's so close in the league season and that's what we want. I think that even in week 14 there will be players needing to win to get into the Play-Offs."

Although Taylor lost to van Barneveld in the classic 2007 World Championship final and in three successive UK Opens, the Stoke great has dominated their Premier League meetings, taking 12 straight victories since they drew in their inaugural clash in Bournemouth six years ago.

"It could be a classic," said Taylor. "Barney's a different enemy now - he's got his head back on right and he's playing like we know he can do.

"He was absolutely brilliant last week and I'm really looking forward to playing him. It's a game I'm always up for anyway, but this will be special because we're both in great form."

The night in Sheffield could also prove significant to the season of reigning champion Gary Anderson, who competes twice after missing the recent visit to Cardiff whilst attending his father's funeral in Scotland.

World Champion Adrian Lewis, who played twice in Wales, sits out the visit to Sheffield as Anderson opens the night against 2009 champion James Wade and returns for the final game against World Championship finalist Andy Hamilton.

"I need to win at least one of the two games," said Anderson, who has won just three games from eight so far this season but could move up as high as second place on Thursday.

"I've got a game in hand so if I win one game I'll be on eight points and if I can pinch another one I'll be on ten.

"Two or three wins in the next couple of weeks will put me back up the table, so if I can win the two games in Sheffield it will lift me - I'm not holding up the table yet!"

Simon Whitlock, who is in second place in the table alongside van Barneveld, plays Kevin Painter in the night's other match in Sheffield having performed superbly in seeing off Anderson 8-2 last week with a 101 average.

"You have to hit a 100 average to win these days - if you don't you're in trouble," said Australian ace Whitlock. "Anything over 95 is good, but if you throw over 100 you'll win a lot of games.

"The way the McCoy's Premier League season is going at the moment it's going to be a very tight finish. The For and Against is important and as long as I'm in the top four I'll be very happy.

"My goal is to make the top four and then see where I can go from there, and I'm on course for that at the moment."

A small number of tickets are still available for Thursday's McCoy's Premier League Darts at the Motorpoint Arena, Sheffield by calling 0114 256 56 56 or visiting www.motorpointarenasheffield.co.uk.

McCoy's Premier League Darts
Week Ten
April 12 - Motorpoint Arena, Sheffield
Tickets: 0114 256 56 56 or www.motorpointarenasheffield.co.uk

Week Ten Match Odds, courtesy of WilliamHill.com
13/10 James Wade
9/2 Draw
11/10 Gary Anderson

4/9 Simon Whitlock
5/1 Draw
16/5 Kevin Painter

1/4 Phil Taylor
11/2 Draw
11/2 Raymond van Barneveld

7/4 Andy Hamilton
9/2 Draw
4/5 Gary Anderson

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:59 pm

reckon ando will lose the first game playing the crap he has being playing this year......then because he feels he is out of the running will relax and win the second game when there is no pressure as he bottles under the pressure

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:03 pm

I'm amazed at the odds in Gando's games considering his recent form

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:04 pm

can barney reprduce his form from last week?

could be a big moment in the season if he can?

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:33 pm

Darth Randall wrote:can barney reprduce his form from last week?

could be a big moment in the season if he can?
If Barney can then Taylor will lose, I don't think it will happen though unless Taylor throws the game.

Gando's the one under pressure tonight and I think Wade will be more than up for it

Sprocket501

Post by Sprocket501 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:33 pm

Give me some winners, fellers. Shit night for betting tonight otherwise.

Dicie

Post by Dicie » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:35 pm

Andersont o beat Wade.....

D & B

Post by D & B » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:36 pm

Sprocket501 wrote:Give me some winners, fellers. Shit night for betting tonight otherwise.
Taylor.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:37 pm

Sprocket501 wrote:Give me some winners, fellers. Shit night for betting tonight otherwise.
I can see Gando losing twice, Whitlock beating Painter and your idol beating Barney mate. Dare you follow it...........

Sprocket501

Post by Sprocket501 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:40 pm

Interested in Ando to beat Wade and Whitlock to beat Painter.

Sprocket501

Post by Sprocket501 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:43 pm

Odds too low on Whitlock so just gone with the first game.

Sprocket501

Post by Sprocket501 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:51 pm

Ok, backed Anderson to beat Wade

Taylor / Whitlock even money double.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:54 pm

I really think your first bet will go down mate but good luck

Stran

Post by Stran » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:55 pm

Anderson going to come flying out the blocks tonight and win easily !! you heard it here first

Sprocket501

Post by Sprocket501 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:55 pm

M H wrote:I really think your first bet will go down mate but good luck
That's brilliant news! ;) ;) ;)

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:00 pm

Sprocket501 wrote:
M H wrote:I really think your first bet will go down mate but good luck
That's brilliant news! ;) ;) ;)