2025 UK Open Watch 👀

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
The Thorn

Re: 2025 UK Open Watch 👀

Post by The Thorn » Sun May 05, 2024 6:54 pm

TheMalteseDart wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 6:26 pm Honestly I understand the concern over Riley’s but yet again they hosted this year and a good bunch of players qualified, the system still works albeit not ideal. I’d be open to international qualifiers if you increased the field.

Though tbh the financial rewards in the early rounds of the UK Open are so small that I can’t see it being worth it for anyone international
Money wise it's a tough sell but many people would still go for the chance of qualifying for a major. Don't think the qualifiers would be more random than the UK ones. Ideally you would want to play some other tournaments while over there, get in a week of Modus
WDF4LIFE

If you want to shine like the sun, first you have to burn like it

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Sun May 05, 2024 7:17 pm

The Thorn wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 6:54 pm
TheMalteseDart wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 6:26 pm Honestly I understand the concern over Riley’s but yet again they hosted this year and a good bunch of players qualified, the system still works albeit not ideal. I’d be open to international qualifiers if you increased the field.

Though tbh the financial rewards in the early rounds of the UK Open are so small that I can’t see it being worth it for anyone international
Money wise it's a tough sell but many people would still go for the chance of qualifying for a major. Don't think the qualifiers would be more random than the UK ones. Ideally you would want to play some other tournaments while over there, get in a week of Modus
Yes Thorn because players can just decide that they want to play a week of Modus and take the gtd £1250 without qualifying for it or being invited :roll:

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Sun May 05, 2024 9:07 pm

Darts players are passionate and nuts though, and would maybe frame it as a small holiday or whatever. Many are willing to travel for no guarantees if the occasion appeals, as I'm sure we'll see at the WDF Masters later this year.
not a girl

oche balboa

Post by oche balboa » Mon May 06, 2024 11:11 am

World Series of Darts should have the open qualifiers with the field increasing to 32 they could be on the cards
The Thorn wrote: ↑Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:39 pm
Rather top myself than watch 1 minute of this shite

Thorn about Modus Super Series in 2021 - He now is an avid fan