Deta Hedman speaks out against Trans playing in Womens Darts

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
tungsten tossers

Re: Deta Hedman speaks out against Trans playing in Womens Darts

Post by tungsten tossers » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:15 pm

Tommo wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:21 pm Image
:lol:

Ross, Bob

Post by Ross, Bob » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:18 pm

oche balboa wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:33 pm
meetthefeebles wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:16 pm
tungsten tossers wrote:''IT'S NOT A PHYSICAL SPORT... THEY DON'T HAVE A LEG TO STAND ON" - NOA-LYNN VAN LEUVEN DEBATE REACHES PRIME TIME DUTCH TV TALK SHOW

https://dartsnews.com/pdc/its-not-a-phy ... -talk-show
There is a significant body of scientific research on hand-eye co-ordination differences between males and females. The 'no physical exertion' argument is both irrelevant and wrong.
Erect
Odd. Doesn't take much for some I guess.

ChrisW

Post by ChrisW » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:20 pm

Wrong thread.
Last edited by ChrisW on Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ross, Bob

Post by Ross, Bob » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:25 pm

ChrisW wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:20 pm https://www.ad.nl/darts/aileen-de-graaf ... ~aa7e6f69/

Aileen de Graaf responds to darts riot around trans woman: 'It bothered me to be in the same team with him'
Aileen de Graaf fully supports her choice to leave the Dutch team. The 33-year-old player can no longer justify being in the same team as trans woman Noa-Lynn van Leuven and, like Anca Zijlstra, therefore informed the darts association last weekend that she would turn her back on the national team.

The decision provoked a storm of reactions. Van Leuven in particular had a hard time on social media. "I would like to start by asking you to remain respectful to each other, when I see the reactions that pass by, I am very shocked," De Graaf writes in an extensive statement on Facebook. 'Especially how people are talking about Noa now, you wouldn't wish that on anyone. Everyone is allowed to have an opinion, but do so in a respectful manner.'

She does not give interviews ("This gives even more people the opportunity to respond in an disrespectful way"), but she does want to provide clarity about the reason behind the controversial decision. 'People who know me personally know that the subject has been around since the first time a transgender took part in a Dutch ranking. From the beginning, I have expressed my opinion on this in a respectful manner. Privately to people and to people from the darts association. Including Noa, when I first spoke to him.'

'Because I have and express this opinion, I am often asked why I am on the same team as a transgender person. I was told that I was participating in the rule and not making an issue of it. This has always bothered me because it goes against my feelings. That's why I made the decision to leave the team and make my reason known.'

No conflict with Van Leuven
De Graaf wants to emphasize that there is no conflict between her and 27-year-old Van Leuven. 'Even though Noa and I both have different points of view, we respected each other. Noa actually liked that I was honest about this with him and did not do this behind his back. Last World Cup I was able to play for the Dutch team together with Noa and we enjoyed it very much.'

'For the people who now call me a transphobe, I would also like to emphasize that I have nothing personal against Noa or transgender people, everyone can be whoever they want to be, as I wrote before. If I had something against Noa, I would not have decorated his room as a surprise at that same World Cup because it was his birthday. Despite our opinions, we always act normal towards each other.'
Fixed.

Greipel

Post by Greipel » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:15 pm

Ross, Bob wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:25 pm
ChrisW wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:20 pm https://www.ad.nl/darts/aileen-de-graaf ... ~aa7e6f69/

Aileen de Graaf responds to darts riot around trans woman: 'It bothered me to be in the same team with him'
Aileen de Graaf fully supports her choice to leave the Dutch team. The 33-year-old player can no longer justify being in the same team as trans woman Noa-Lynn van Leuven and, like Anca Zijlstra, therefore informed the darts association last weekend that she would turn her back on the national team.

The decision provoked a storm of reactions. Van Leuven in particular had a hard time on social media. "I would like to start by asking you to remain respectful to each other, when I see the reactions that pass by, I am very shocked," De Graaf writes in an extensive statement on Facebook. 'Especially how people are talking about Noa now, you wouldn't wish that on anyone. Everyone is allowed to have an opinion, but do so in a respectful manner.'

She does not give interviews ("This gives even more people the opportunity to respond in an disrespectful way"), but she does want to provide clarity about the reason behind the controversial decision. 'People who know me personally know that the subject has been around since the first time a transgender took part in a Dutch ranking. From the beginning, I have expressed my opinion on this in a respectful manner. Privately to people and to people from the darts association. Including Noa, when I first spoke to him.'

'Because I have and express this opinion, I am often asked why I am on the same team as a transgender person. I was told that I was participating in the rule and not making an issue of it. This has always bothered me because it goes against my feelings. That's why I made the decision to leave the team and make my reason known.'

De Graaf wants to emphasize that there is no conflict between her and 27-year-old Van Leuven. 'Even though Noa and I both have different points of view, we respected each other. Noa actually liked that I was honest about this with him and did not do this behind his back. Last World Cup I was able to play for the Dutch team together with Noa and we enjoyed it very much.'

'For the people who now call me a transphobe, I would also like to emphasize that I have nothing personal against Noa or transgender people, everyone can be whoever they want to be, as I wrote before. If I had something against Noa, I would not have decorated his room as a surprise at that same World Cup because it was his birthday. Despite our opinions, we always act normal towards each other.'
Fixed.
Good fix but CWS will be crying again.

Jimmi

Post by Jimmi » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:17 pm

Greipel wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:15 pm

Fixed.
You do know he’s doing this to wind you up, right?

“I don’t want you lumbering me with some old bow-wow who don’t know the difference between a Liebfraumilk and a can of Tizer!“

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:25 pm

I can't read about this topic anymore.
not a girl

Greipel

Post by Greipel » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:26 pm

Jimmi wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:17 pm

Fixed.
Yep.

http://www.thedartsforum.com/viewtopic. ... 5#p1628375

Captain Hobo

Post by Captain Hobo » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:00 pm

Rogg wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:25 pm I can't read about this topic anymore.
+lots
"The United States will be the first nation to land an astronaut on Nars"

Dfc180

Post by Dfc180 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:15 pm

Yep, I've started to mark them as read now without looking

Potter's Lake

Post by Potter's Lake » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:47 pm

The PDC are praying Noa becomes shit again. This one's gonna rumble on folks.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:51 pm

Potter's Lake wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:47 pm The PDC are praying Noa becomes shit again. This one's gonna rumble on folks.
Need to do a Tonya Harding on her. Send Justicia in a ski mask
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

Cooking with Sanchez

Post by Cooking with Sanchez » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:03 am

Fixed.
No, I’m just not a bigot.
The Thorn wrote: Be honest Malt sometimes women deserve a slap or 2.

ChrisW

Post by ChrisW » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:09 am

A lot of the social media comments are pretty horrendous.
But not far off what CWS posts on here.

Cooking with Sanchez

Post by Cooking with Sanchez » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:26 am

Swing and a miss from Wadey.
The Thorn wrote: Be honest Malt sometimes women deserve a slap or 2.

Ross, Bob

Post by Ross, Bob » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:26 am

Silly man, actually reading the threads.

Greipel

Post by Greipel » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:41 am

Cooking with Sanchez wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:03 am

Fixed.
No, I’m just not a bigot.
🥱

ChrisW

Post by ChrisW » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:54 am

Cooking with Sanchez wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:26 am Swing and a miss from Wadey.
Thank you Morris.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:36 am

Captain Hobo wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:00 pm
+lots
But been happy to spam porn for weeks on end to annoy griepel
Go figure

Greipel

Post by Greipel » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:41 am

Randall wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:36 am
Captain Hobo wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:00 pm
+lots
But been happy to spam porn for weeks on end to annoy griepel
Go figure
Not too much consistency from the lad indeed.